Kawhi Leonard Traded to Toronto for DeMar DeRozan

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, jrry32 said:

Poeltl is a good interior defender who should thrive under a guy like Pop. The Spurs made the best of a bad situation. I like what they did here.

I'm not mad at the Spurs because as I said, they aligned everything with Popovich's time in SA. When he's gone, they start the rebuild as everyone is off their contract.

Poetl was dog ish on defense against Cleveland and unplayable after the first few games. He's okay that's it. Maybe Spurs turn him into a solid contributor, but he's not someone you worry about losing when you get Kawhi Leonard....even if it is a one year rental. 

1 minute ago, Danger said:

1. Leonard isn't resigning.
2. What makes you think Giannis wants to come to Toronto? You treat is as a given and it's anything but.

Raptors are going to be a bottom of the barrel team in 2020 and beyond.

Settle down lmao. I’m just having a bit of fun adding Giannis at the end. Read all my posts regarding the subject it’s a swing for the fences type of move LIS yea sure it could strike out but even if it does its not like it’s absolutely crippling it starts the rebuild a half season or so ahead of schedule. We have some nice young pieces and kept both Pascal and OG. This is a huge win. 

Dont be so threatened as a Sixers fan you still have a cute team. 

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Because everything we've heard up through this point was that the Spurs were asking for Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, two FRPs and the option to swap two more FRPs.  That's a FAR cry from what the Spurs actually asked for.  There were mixed reports about whether or not they wanted Josh Hart included, but for the sake of simplicity we will ignore him for the time being.  That's not a realistic trade package for a guy who hasn't really played in a year, and has already expressed his desire to leave San Antonio.

And yes, I'm convinced the Spurs needed the entire house if they were dealing Kawhi to the Lakers.  Pop isn't losing face by caving into his superstar's demands, and dealing him where he wanted to go unless he could come away with a haul that made it look like he won.  And based on the rumors we've heard, it didn't progress very far because the Spurs held up their high demands.  We heard multiple reports that was the case.  You choose to pick and choose the narrative, but the reality is we had multiple reporters say that the Spurs wanted a haul for Kawhi.  I don't think there's any way that the Spurs would consider a Kuzma-based package a haul, and it was a non-starter for the Lakers to include Luol Deng for the Spurs.

Oh my, I hope you don't really believe this. They were asking for the entire house because apparently the Lakers were never offering their best asset. Don't tell me how Ingram is much more valuable than Derozan, and then say the Spurs only trade Kawhi to the Lakers if they get the entire house. That's BS and doesn't even make sense. Like Windhorst has been saying for a while, if the Lakers offer up Ingram than the Spurs are ready to do business. Once it became clear that wasn't happening and they even took Kuzma off the table, they had to move on.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Paul George?  You do realize Oklahoma City is financially tapped out for like the next 5ish years?  They have no cap space.

I was referring to Laker fans instance on not trading for PG, saying we will sign him in the off season....didn't work out so well...

Irving/Butler/Leonard all take discounts to go to the Knicks....calling it....

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm not mad at the Spurs because as I said, they aligned everything with Popovich's time in SA. When he's gone, they start the rebuild as everyone is off their contract.

Poetl was dog ish on defense against Cleveland and unplayable after the first few games. He's okay that's it. Maybe Spurs turn him into a solid contributor, but he's not someone you worry about losing when you get Kawhi Leonard....even if it is a one year rental. 

So is Poetl the 4th best young prospect on Tor? 

3 minutes ago, indifference said:

Raptors are betting on themselves like OKC did with PG. But there’s a huge difference between playing with Lowry and playing with Westbrook.

Less risk bc they kinda get a reset and cap room if he doesn't re-sign 

Just now, footbull3196 said:

This is why the raptors are the biggest joke in the world.  Trade one superstar for another and pretend to convince yourself that you put your team over the top

My guess is they think that team is good enough to make the Finals now more than ever with LeBron gone, and previous versions of that team were clearly not the same come playoff time.

New coach + upgraded go to guy could make a huge difference for a team that clearly under performs in the playoffs every year. If Leonard puts on a good showing in the Finals he might have incentive to stay because he can potentially be a Lil LeBron for a while? I dunno. This is a move that can go good or bad so many ways, we won't know.

Just now, kyle21121 said:

Settle down lmao. I’m just having a bit of fun adding Giannis at the end. Read all my posts regarding the subject it’s a swing for the fences type of move LIS yea sure it could strike out but even if it does its not like it’s absolutely crippling it starts the rebuild a half season or so ahead of schedule. We have some nice young pieces and kept both Pascal and OG. This is a huge win. 

Dont be so threatened as a Sixers fan you still have a cute team. 

You're not seeing the forest through the trees. You're swinging for the fences in a year where the fences are at 600'. You might be entering a rebuild a year sooner, but with far less ammunition moving forward then you'd have if you had stood pat. This move screams desperation on the Raptors part and disregard for the future. It'll be amusing to watch it unfold as Philly and Boston are both going head to head in the ECF for years though. 

Archived