Kawhi Leonard Traded to Toronto for DeMar DeRozan

J-ALL-DAY

14 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Oh my, I hope you don't really believe this. They were asking for the entire house because apparently the Lakers were never offering their best asset. Don't tell me how Ingram is much more valuable than Derozan, and then say the Spurs only trade Kawhi to the Lakers if they get the entire house. That's BS and doesn't even make sense. Like Windhorst has been saying for a while, if the Lakers offer up Ingram than the Spurs are ready to do business. Once it became clear that wasn't happening and they even took Kuzma off the table, they had to move on.

No.  I don't think the Lakers had any real interest in handing Brandon Ingram to the Spurs, but I also don't think they would have taken him completely off the table.  The next rumor was that the Lakers made Kuzma untouchable in a Kawhi deal, which smells like posturing from the Lakers'.  It doesn't make sense.  The Spurs had ZERO interest in making a deal with the Lakers.  The Spurs' house offer included Brandon Ingram.

5 minutes ago, indifference said:

Russ is a way better player than Lowry. Kawhi doesn’t have a superstar player to take the burden off his back. We’ll see what happens but I get the deal for TOR end. Let it play out this year and if it does not end favorable at least you have cap space and young talent to hang your hat on.

Fair. I really do love Russ though. Just gotta see this play out this year. If he leaves he leaves but maybe there is a scenario in which he stays. Maybe we make the finals. Maybe he loves it in Toronto maybe he gets the big deals and commercials and publicity he wants. Maybe. Maybe not. Who knows. 

16 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I was referring to Laker fans instance on not trading for PG, saying we will sign him in the off season....didn't work out so well...

Irving/Butler/Leonard all take discounts to go to the Knicks....calling it....

I mean, whose going to appeal to Kawhi like Russell Westbrook did for Paul George?  Kyle Lowry isn't Russell Westbrook.

22 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Not sure if it came through over the internet the way I meant it but I do very much agree the price the Lakers needed to pay was a lot higher than what any other team would have to pay so had you offered something so outrageous it would have forced SA to trade him. 

That's my point.  Pop isn't going to sit here and be the coach who traded arguably a top 5 player to the team of his choice unless he was getting something to save face.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Hell of a difference that made with Durant. Westbrook is more likely to convince me to leave than stay.

I mean, Paul George took the most amount of money that was available to him.  He chased the money pure and simple.

Archived