Kawhi Leonard Traded to Toronto for DeMar DeRozan

J-ALL-DAY

17 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

nvm probably Green

Yea Green I was so excited seeing Danny Green didn’t even quite register to me. This was definitely the best possible deal involving DD-Kawhi that the raps could have made. 

Lowry, Green, OG, Kawhi and JV or Serge is a potential lineup I’d start or maybe it’ll be OG off the bench and both JV/Serge not quite sure yet but there are a lot of interesting lineups I’m looking forward to seeing. A Lowry/OG plus bench unit or a Kawhi plus bench unit could be very exciting.

Man I love this trade for so many reasons. 

1. The Raptors got to keep their top young talent and took the necessary risk since they were never winning with their current core and would eventually have to retool anyways.

2. Lakers fans have been so cocky in thinking Kawhi was coming there and no team was going to offer the Spurs anything substantial. Kept with a false premise that the Spurs are asking for the entire farm....when they essentially traded him for just Derozan....for two years lmao.

3. Because the Lakers were being so bummy in negotiations not wanting to bring Ingram to the table, it could lead to them missing out on Kawhi for good. He could either re-sign with Toronto or just go to the Clippers next year.

4. The Raptors legit go to every series in the East and have the best player in it, or at the very least even with any other team. May not result in them beating the Celtics, but I feel a whole a lot  better with Kawhi than having Derozan as my best player.

5. The Spurs now have a two year window that they aligned Aldridge/Derozan/Popovich together. Aldridge can be moved after two years since that year his deal is only partially guaranteed. They won 47 games with less talent than they have this year. At the very least they go back to winning 50+ games and will be a top 3 seed.

6. The Raptors really only gave up a low 1st rounder and two years of Demar Derozan for Kawhi f'n Leonard. LMAOOOOOOOOOOO

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Man I love this trade for so many reasons. 

1. The Raptors got to keep their top young talent and took the necessary risk since they were never winning with their current core and would eventually have to retool anyways.

2. Lakers fans have been so cocky in thinking Kawhi was coming there and no team was going to offer the Spurs anything substantial. Kept with a false premise that the Spurs are asking for the entire farm....when they essentially traded him for just Derozan....for two years lmao.

3. Because the Lakers were being so bummy in negotiations not wanting to bring Ingram to the table, it could lead to them missing out on Kawhi for good. He could either re-sign with Toronto or just go to the Clippers next year.

4. The Raptors legit go to every series in the East and have the best player in it, or at the very least even with any other team. May not result in them beating the Celtics, but I feel a whole a lot  better with Kawhi than having Derozan as my best player.

5. The Spurs now have a two year window that they aligned Aldridge/Derozan/Popovich together. Aldridge can be moved after two years since that year his deal is only partially guaranteed. They won 47 games with less talent than they have this year. At the very least they go back to winning 50+ games and will be a top 3 seed.

6. The Raptors really only gave up a low 1st rounder and two years of Demar Derozan for Kawhi f'n Leonard. LMAOOOOOOOOOOO

Poeltl was in the deal too.

It's pretty silly for Toronto to make this move.

They traded away DeRozan for Leonard who is almost assuredly leaving after this season for nothing. Everyone knows that the Warriors are going to win the title this year, so your one year out of Leonard is the biggest throwaway season in recent memory for 29 teams. You could have kept DeRozan (realized you were going to need to rebuild in early 2020) and traded him at the appropriate time to start your rebuild off on a good footing, but no the Raptors mortgaged their future in one of the WORST years to do so. 

26 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Derozen is a fake all star. Freezes up every single year. 

Nah all star is a regular season accomplishment he def deserved it every time he made it. There’s no denying he shrinks come playoff time though but what I’m saying is that playing in the best system in the league, being apart of a winning naming organization (sorry Toronto), and playing under a hof coach will help him overcome some of his playoff woes.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Poeltl was in the deal too.

Like I said, didn't have to give up any of your top young talent......Kept OG, Siakam and Wright...Who I like more than most. 

What a trade by the Raptors.

Time for them to disrupt the East and get to the finals. 

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

I would say this is an awful deal for San Antonio, but it's about what every other big name player has been traded for recently outside of Kyrie.  As you said, San Antonio's front office has really made some poor decisions over the last year.

I would say LA, Philadelphia, and Boston should be embarrassed, but you just never know what San Antonio wanted.  If they wanted star power then DeRozan is the best player (at least for 1 season) any of these teams was offering.

I don't think San Antonio really ever had any true intentions of negotiating with the Lakers.  If there was any truth to the rumors that they asked for Ingram, Kuzma, and multiple picks, this is a HUGE difference in trades.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Like I said, didn't have to give up any of your top young talent......Kept OG, Siakam and Wright...Who I like more than most. 

What a trade by the Raptors.

Time for them to disrupt the East and get to the finals. 

I like Poeltl. I think he'll do well in SA. With Kawhi being a FA, I didn't see any chance of SA getting DD and OG.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

@J-ALL-DAY, still convinced the Spurs were really willing to deal Kawhi to the Lakers?

How do I know they weren't? Did you guys ever put Kawhi on the table? Yes or no? And then you take Kuzma off the table. So what were you offering? Hart and some picks? Yeah, Lakers tried to play hard ball when they could have gotten Kawhi easily if they just offered up Ingram.

Are you still convinced the Spurs were really wanting the entire house for Kawhi? Did they get anything close to Ingram/Kuzma/Hart/2 1st rounders/2 1st round swaps? Um no. They were just posturing just as the Lakers were by not offering any of their top assets. It was setting up for them to both "budge" and settle for a package around Ingram.

Like I said, I just love everything about this deal. 

Archived