TCMD - Forum Wide GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:

Disagree.

We can criticise the deal all we want but offering a 5 year contract to someone like Larry Fitzgerald by backloading the contract in my mind is gaming the system.  

This rule has been in place for at least a few years, and I don't plan to remove it.  Just looking to get thoughts on the probability of when a player would look to retire, based on the number of years they've been in the league.

Agree, why bother offering a 5 year deal. No point no.no.no

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:

I'm good with extending that amount a little, as you mentioned allowing to go over by 5 to 10%.  I just don't think we should allow a team to make 3 or 4 offers that exceed their available cap by millions.

Think first statement was correct. Can’t bid over cap. Easier to manage. People would need to release players for draftees anyway so why not trade or release prior to making a bid?

2 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

I don’t think you should be able to bid above your cap. Always presume you will win all bids and so bid for players accordingly. Think this suggestion is a no brainer

I agree, but if we use my suggestion, then only 3 should have to be under as you don't want to land both contracts A and B 

Think first statement was correct. Can’t bid over cap. Easier to manage. People would need to release players for draftees anyway so why not trade or release prior to making a bid?

I agree with this, but you also have to keep in mind that we use the official roster workbooks and if a team releases or trades a player late then I may not have time to get it updated in time.  Granted, this is something that the owners should keep in mind when bidding and not wait until the last minute, but you know how it goes.

I wouldn't mind providing a little flexibility with this but not extreme.

Yes lucky I agree. As it is actually one bid in reality and either or would be voided.

I think what I'll try to do is provide a flag or some sort of cell use that would signify the plan B option and the higher amount would be used.

Just now, ny92mike said:

I agree with this, but you also have to keep in mind that we use the official roster workbooks and if a team releases or trades a player late then I may not have time to get it updated in time.  Granted, this is something that the owners should keep in mind when bidding and not wait until the last minute, but you know how it goes.

I wouldn't mind providing a little flexibility with this but not extreme.

I think this should be down to the individual gm to manage shouldn’t be difficult. Only time it is really gonna be an issue in first couple of rounds with multiple large bids. I actually thought this was the ruling anyway. Shows what I know

1 minute ago, mountainpd said:

I think this should be down to the individual gm to manage shouldn’t be difficult. Only time it is really gonna be an issue in first couple of rounds with multiple large bids. I actually thought this was the ruling anyway. Shows what I know

Right I gotta be able to work it into the formulas.

Archived