TCMD - Forum Wide GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

If any of you are looking to join a GM sim, the BDL league is looking for new recruits to co-own and/or potentially own one of the 16 teams.

I signed up at the beginning of the season taking over as owner of the Orlando Ospreys.  Unfortunately, the sim is a little long in the tooth for me, but that's me so don't let my opinion of the length of the sim detour you from checking it out and potentially joining.  My team is currently up for grabs if interested.  

About the BDL sim.

It contains a full offseason, which the bulk of it is done in June, complete with a draft (conducted mid to late feb, I think), a free agency - similar to what ffmd ran in the past, where the big name players get long term deals and the shark tank receive one year contracts.  This group uses a voting system to determine standings, where you create a game plan along with a roster lineup each week (14 weeks of regular season and 3 additional weeks for the playoffs).  Members will review the matchup and vote on if your team would win or lose.

If this is something that you might be interested in participating, please contract @bcb1213 or @Ragnarok for more details, or visit the discussion thread HERE.

Question:

I need to provide a check box, that allows you to include reserve bids into the salary cap, so that you can easily determine the salary cap when you create these bids, but also allow you to uncheck this box, so that you can get the maximum of your cap when bidding on free agents.

The question is what sheet would you prefer to have this check box.  

A) 2019 roster sheet - where you check one box and it includes all the pending reserve bids.

B) Reserve Bidding sheet - where you have a check box for each transaction.

I can provide cells that will tell you if any boxes are checked in the fa sheet and the other sheet that you decide on above.

Is there one option you prefer over the other?

4 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Question:

I need to provide a check box, that allows you to include reserve bids into the salary cap, so that you can easily determine the salary cap when you create these bids, but also allow you to uncheck this box, so that you can get the maximum of your cap when bidding on free agents.

The question is what sheet would you prefer to have this check box.  

A) 2019 roster sheet - where you check one box and it includes all the pending reserve bids.

B) Reserve Bidding sheet - where you have a check box for each transaction.

I can provide cells that will tell you if any boxes are checked in the fa sheet and the other sheet that you decide on above.

Is there one option you prefer over the other?

This seems like place to have the checkbox.  Put it where the bids are being placed.

I'm getting close to finishing the new workbook for team roster and fa bidding.  I could really use some help in going through each sheet to make sure formulas are right.  Any volunteers that would be around this evening to help me with this?

7 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I'm getting close to finishing the new workbook for team roster and fa bidding.  I could really use some help in going through each sheet to make sure formulas are right.  Any volunteers that would be around this evening to help me with this?

Not tonight but future nights perhaps 

Archived