TCMD - Forum Wide GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

We've talked about this for years and we've never followed through with it, but...

What do you guys think about making one of these mocks a continued version, where the transactions we make this year would carry over into the next year.  It would take some planning ahead of time and most likely a lot of planning and design to the workbooks after this off season is over to workout all the details but it's definitely something I'd be willing to work on after these mocks finish up.

7 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

We've talked about this for years and we've never followed through with it, but...

What do you guys think about making one of these mocks a continued version, where the transactions we make this year would carry over into the next year.  It would take some planning ahead of time and most likely a lot of planning and design to the workbooks after this off season is over to workout all the details but it's definitely something I'd be willing to work on after these mocks finish up.

Any continuation is good for me and I know you have tried to continue it before I tend to drift off the site after draft season so you might have to give me a nudge when talks start

2 hours ago, ny92mike said:

If we could find a way to sim a season, it might be cool to do like 2 or 3 continuous off seasons in a year and the reset to the real rosters the following year. 

3 hours ago, ny92mike said:

@EaglesPeteC

@Forge

We do you guys think we should spit out the sign up sheet?

Might be kinda hard to figure this out since we aren't sure which one to start first, gonna attempt to run two versions this year.  A reduced mock with single year fa bidding and the big one.

Not sure if this helps but I'm thinking of having the fa bidding rounds for the individual mock every other day or every 3rd day max with the draft starting the day after the combine.  Not sure where that would put us with a start date.  So maybe we need to figure that out first.  I'll have more time to work on this after the 24th of this month.

Start sign ups next week. Official start date Feb 4th, the Monday after the Super Bowl. That give us a month to do trades and free agency before the draft 

1.  Regarding GM bidding over the cap space their team has.

I am fine with allowing a 5-7% type allowance, PROVIDED that there is a deadline that team has to make proper transactions to get back under the cap or face penalties (loss of draft picks, loss of FA that put them over and that FA awarded to next high bidding team).  A GM bidding over, needs to have a plan in place of what they would do in the event they go over the cap.  Either a trade in place, or a player that they would be cutting.

2.  Contract lengths for older vets.  

I can see the desire to limit those contract lengths, something like 2 years or whatever formula @ny92mike has put forth previously.

3.  Regarding filling out the open teams.  I would gladly take the GB Packers again, though I know there are others that might want a chance to be GM for them in 2019.  Happy to take a team that does not fill easily otherwise

Tag me if there are other topics that need to be discussed.

9 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

refuse to give them my money every year

Me too, I just wait for it to be on sale for $20 or gameshare off a friends account lol. I'm so tired of them just pushing Ultimate Team down everyones throats and not addressing Franchise mode at all. Ooo we added a draft stage, like no, gimme the **** we have been asking for every god damn year. Wish they'd come out with a new NCAA, that was at least half decent, if they would combine the ideas of NCAA and Madden, The game would be a lot better. 

Archived