BDL 2018 Summer Owners Meeting

SirA1

57 minutes ago, MD4L said:

A reverse snake order for round 2 is also not a bad idea.

I'm guessing this is for the 2nd round of the PFA Scramble and not the actual draft.

Seems like a fair compromise as Pheltz said.

On 7/27/2018 at 11:44 AM, SirA1 said:

Topic 5: PFA Scramble order flipped from first to worst for Round 2.

Yes (7) - SirA1, Bcb, Pheltz, MD4L, Lukic, Dingo, Ted

No (5) - Hockey, PR, Counselor, Ruskie, JLash 

Added the Snake clause if anyone want to change their votes or chime in.

1 hour ago, SirA1 said:

I could get behind a random lottery for the PFA Scramble if @WFLukic promises to live stream it')

I was thinking more like...if you finish first, you get #1.  2nd place gets two spots in #2 and #3.  3rd gets 3 spots of #4, #5, and #6.  So on until 16th place gets 16 possible spots, I believe #121-#136.

Then you randomly choose numbers to determine the PFA order.

So it weighs more in favor of players who finished worst, but would allow for higher ranked teams to move up.

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I was thinking more like...if you finish first, you get #1.  2nd place gets two spots in #2 and #3.  3rd gets 3 spots of #4, #5, and #6.  So on until 16th place gets 16 possible spots, I believe #121-#136.

Then you randomly choose numbers to determine the PFA order.

I could get behind something like an NBA draft lottery for part of the actual BDL 1st round as a deterrent to tanking. It seems a bit much for what are effectively rounds 8-9 of our draft.

1 minute ago, SirA1 said:

I could get behind something like an NBA draft lottery for part of the actual BDL 1st round as a deterrent to tanking. It seems a bit much for what are effectively rounds 8-9 of our draft.

Maybe if you are considering doing the lotto just for the teams that don't make the playoffs.

And I think that because PFA involves guys that are RL 4th or 5th rounders, sometimes even RL 2nd rounders, it would add some extra fun to PFA.  The Champs could get first shot at a RL 2nd rounder.

Well, the numbers wouldn't change from year to year and I could type up numbers would correlate to which season ranking.

Then it's just a matter of rolling a 136 sided die in a chatty.  Wouldn't take more than 5 minutes.

6 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

A second Round PFA Snake gives a slight advantage without any additional work on someone's end to figure out how to do a lottery.

The important thing is we approve a rule change, then properly define it during the winter meetings.

I think a majority would like to revamp the system of the 2nd round PFA.

Archived