Training Camp Thread

AnAngryAmerican

Well guys, it's here. Rookies reported to Dove Valley today, veterans report on Friday and the first full-squad workout is on Saturday. 

Use this thread to talk about all things training camp 2018. How do the free agents look? How do the rookies look? Who is surprising? Who is disappointing? Does Vance look like he knows what he's doing this year? What does Musgrave's new offense look like? 

18 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Think Royce will be the Rolls Royce of the offense this year.

Think Cravens will leave us craving more defense. 

Chubb will give us chubs

We'll all be keen on Keenum

Josey Jewell will be a real jewel in our LB core

Hahaha it just donned on me how many last names there are on this team you could do that with. xD

2 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I have a gut feeling Philip Lindsay has a better overall year  than Royce. I just think Lindsay does a lot . Swiss army knife 

I bet Lindsay will carve out a nice special teams career...a Vaughn Hebron type. 

I actually think David Williams is a dark horse to be a good back here.  He tested poorly, but can pass protect and be a bruiser between the tackles.  All the hype is going to the other RBs, but I think Williams finds a role. Maybe not as a starter, but situationally.

15 hours ago, germ-x said:

I actually think David Williams is a dark horse to be a good back here.  He tested poorly, but can pass protect and be a bruiser between the tackles.  All the hype is going to the other RBs, but I think Williams finds a role. Maybe not as a starter, but situationally.

The Denver media is hyping Lindsay because he went to CU but I think David Williams is the UDFA most likely to make the final 53 given that he is more than just a one-trick pony. However, given Vance's and Matt Russell's CU ties it might not truly be a fair competition. 

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

The Denver media is hyping Lindsay because he went to CU but I think David Williams is the UDFA most likely to make the final 53 given that he is more than just a one-trick pony. However, given Vance's and Matt Russell's CU ties it might not truly be a fair competition. 

Didn't Williams get drafted? Geeze AAA!!  Get your sh***t together.  

5 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Lindsay provides a lot more in the return game that makes McKenzie expendable. Also Lindsay reps more than just CU but Colorado as a state. Even if you're a CSU fanboy hard to not love Lindsay for what he is. 

Either way that spot is going to go to the back that can make it on ST. Especially with McKenzie being inconsistent, Henderson a bust, and Taylor being injured.

Archived