Training Camp Thread

AnAngryAmerican

Not gonna lie I saw the brock osweiler arm tattoos on Kelly and thought great this ******.

But he's looked great, hes accurate, commands the huddle, reads defenses, hes pretty athletic.  

If Keenum continues to look Kyle orton esque kelly should get a lot of reps this year. 

Just now, broncosfan07 said:

Kelly>>>>>>>>>Lynch.

Not super comfortable with either as the backup but Kelly definitely looks miles better than Lynch who looks worse than he did as a rookie.

I'm fine with Kelly as the backup . He looks natural.  If we start out bad id be fine with him having a seasons Audition. 

3 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I'm fine with Kelly as the backup . He looks natural.  If we start out bad id be fine with him having a seasons Audition. 

Keenum isn’t getting paid to sit the bench, Kelly looks good but it is 3rd and 4th stringers but shows a lot of talent and potential. 

Broncos need a competent veteran backup though.

14 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Just sign Matt Moore. Kelly worth developing, but not ready for live action. Lynch should be out of the NFL tomorrow. 

Some career backup isn't what this team needs. I would rather see what Kelly can do.

Sandy Clough is already talking practice squad for Chad Kelly. I know that Chad played against third-stringers, but I also think that Sandy has something against Kelly for some reason. At the end of last season, people would bring Kelly up, and Clough would say that he had no chance to do anything this year.

2 minutes ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Some career backup isn't what this team needs. I would rather see what Kelly can do.

Sandy Clough is already talking practice squad for Chad Kelly. I know that Chad played against third-stringers, but I also think that Sandy has something against Kelly for some reason.

At this stage, a smart, veteran career backup with a lot of experience is exactly what this team needs because there are no starters (sans Kaepernick) available. 

2 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

At this stage, a smart, veteran career backup with a lot of experience is exactly what this team needs because there are no starters (sans Kaepernick) available. 

Not really. That's the safe thing to do, not the right thing to do.

5 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

That's cool, but your concerns are not conducive to building the best possible roster for 2018. 

How is someone like Matt Moore going to help us build the best possible roster? Or another career backup like Matt McGloin?

Man did you hear the crowd chanting KELLY ,  if Lynch looked like a deer in the headlights before I got a feeling it's just gunna get worse as the pre season goes on time to cut bait and see if Kelly can develop with the wasted reps Lynch is getting. The first team D not even covering a WR on goal line was pretty embarrassing along with its run defense, Not too worried about the first team offense was a small sample size against an elite defense. All the RBs looked solid and Royce can move for a big dude.

6 hours ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

How is someone like Matt Moore going to help us build the best possible roster? Or another career backup like Matt McGloin?

What exactly are you not understanding? If Keenum gets hurt, a guy like Matt Moore could come in, weather the storm and eek out a win or two if the defense steps up. Exactly the kind of situation a young and inexperienced QB like Kelly would struggle to manage. 

Archived