Will the Raiders trade Khalil Mack, and if so?...

turtle28

22 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

You over value draft picks too much. I wouldn’t trade two firsts for just anyone, but I would for an all pro.

I posed the question on the earlier page, how many guys in the NFL right now would you actually trade two 1sts for? Taking into account their age and contract status. 

I bet the list is a good bit shorter than you’d expect. I gave it a lot of thought, and like I said, I only came up with one. 

53 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I posed the question on the earlier page, how many guys in the NFL right now would you actually trade two 1sts for? Taking into account their age and contract status. 

I bet the list is a good bit shorter than you’d expect. I gave it a lot of thought, and like I said, I only came up with one. 

Aaron Rodgers?

11 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Aaron Rodgers?

My one is Carson Wentz. 3 more years of very affordable rookie contract salaries and then the inside track on keeping him on his next deal. 

Rodgers is clearly the better player, maybe the best player — but he turns 35 in a couple months and he’s already had two major injury-plagued seasons. Most importantly, his average annual cap hit from 2019-2022 is a little over $32M. I just think that if you’re paying a player that huge a portion of your cap allotment, you can’t afford to also give up your top draft picks to get him. You need those more than ever to fill in the roster with affordable high-end talent, since your ability to sign/keep FAs is going to be hamstrung. 

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

That answer does a really good job of explaining why Casserly has never fielded a good team since the salary cap came into existence. It’s been 25 years and he still doesn’t get it. 

It’s not just about accumulating talent like it was in the 80s. You have to allocate your resources strategically now. Casserly has never adjusted to that, and that’s clear from the fact that he thinks it’s a no-brainer to turn down two 1st round picks (from a bad team) for an OLB you’re going to have to give $120M to get onto the field.  

Khalil Mack is going to cost $20-22M per season. Jonathan Allen and Daron Payne (two 1st round picks) cost about $26M combined. 

Not for one season. For their entire rookie contracts. Combined. 

Is it possible I was wrong? 

Always thought Jay was the dumb fat bugger eating brother, but with this trade I revisited Jon’s and Bruce’s history. Jon won a SB at Tampa with a team loaded with years and years of talent. After winning SB, Jon exercised his power and had legendary MCKay fired for Bruce. Together they tore TB down trading Sapp Lynch others and destroyed the franchise before both getting kicked out. Jon took his act to TV for more fame and fortune and Bruce looked for the most desperate owner to grift and wound up as Redskins GM. 

Check this out from the Raiders

“The Raiders Just Had a Historically Bad Cut-Down Day

How is nabbing A.J. McCarron the least-worst thing they did today?

usa_today_11160564.0.jpg

Joe Nicholson-USA TODAY Sports

It’s hard for an NFL team to embarrass itself on cut-down day. Maybe they take an L by cutting a recent draft pick, but such decisions are often seen and understood well ahead of time. Maybe they cut one or two players that cause everybody to scratch their heads, but while these choices stir up message boards, they’re still typically decisions regarding some of the least important players on the roster.

But in a span of a few hours Saturday, the Oakland Raiders made a series of moves that, combined, make no sense. They dumped their one true superstar for a haul of picks that almost certainly won’t replace him, gave up on a player the team just traded for, and gave away a draft pick to completely restructure their backup quarterback situation around a significantly worse quarterback.”

Is it possible maybe we hired the smart brother?

is it possible we would have been even worse under Jon and Bruce?

Both do like getting rid of the teams best players and with Bruce and Jay we only get a compensatory pick for our franchise QB

Is it possible I was wrong and jay isn’t the dumb one?

nay- it was there to see all along just as it was to see “ that it was Barzini all along”. 
Both the Redskins and Raiders are doomed 
dance.gif

And add in Bruce and you have 
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZElcmT-kKzF3zmgfGhGQ
tenor.gifthree-stooges-ejoomicated.gif?w=320

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2018 at 10:11 AM, lavar703 said:

The Redskins can never capitalize on trades like this. We trade the leagues best corner and what ultimately ends up being a first ballot hall of famer and we give up draft picks lol

Exactly, and the Bears look like genius’ At least after week 1 and the Raiders look like fools for givingb3 interior OL huge salaries a few ago and this offseason feeling like they can’t afford to repay their best player. They really only got 1 first round pick for Mack in my eyes bc one of the draft picks is going to have to be used to try to replace Mack.

No one can convince me that Mack wouldn’t have been worth trading Preston Smith or Kerrigan to Oakland along with our 2019 1st and a conditional 2020 1st if he was All-Pro.

On 9/2/2018 at 9:02 AM, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Trading two firsts plus adding 90M in guaranteed money for anyone but a franchise QB is a colossal mistake. You better hope Trubisky is decent, because you’re not getting anyone else in there for a long time now.

Yep

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Exactly, and the Bears look like genius’ At least after week 1 and the Raiders look like fools for givingb3 interior OL huge salaries a few ago and this offseason feeling like they can’t afford to repay their best player. They really only got 1 first round pick for Mack in my eyes bc one of the draft picks is going to have to be used to try to replace Mack.

No one can convince me that Mack wouldn’t have been worth trading Preston Smith or Kerrigan to Oakland along with our 2019 1st and a conditional 2020 1st if he was All-Pro.

The Bears look like a genius to no one. They've bet their entire future on Mitch Tribusky, who isn't going to get them to the playoffs.

I'm pretty sure we would all give up a first rounder for Khalil Mack on a rookie deal and an extra 90 million in cap space over the next few  years. So, by your estimate, the Raiders gave up a guy they weren't going to sign, for an impact pass rusher on a rookie deal for the next five years, an extra 1st round pick, and a ton of cap room. The Raiders are playing the long game so they can enter 2020 with a new stadium in Vegas and have a good team to bring in fans. They have a franchise QB and a coach locked in long term.

You're acting like Mack was gonna stay like this forever. He isn't. By the time the Bears will realize that Mitch is a bum, Mack will be a decent, but no longer elite, pass rusher. But they'll be in salary cap hell because of that deal. Meanwhile, the Raiders will have a ton of depth from two top 15 draft picks to pair with their 29 year old, franchise QB, whose cap hits will be 21 million and 22 million, respectively in 2020 and 2021.

There is no way Mack is worth two first round picks, let alone another player.

On 9/2/2018 at 9:02 AM, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Trading two firsts plus adding 90M in guaranteed money for anyone but a franchise QB is a colossal mistake. You better hope Trubisky is decent, because you’re not getting anyone else in there for a long time now.

Not if you’re getting a player who is constantly a candidate for defensive player of the year. Now, the Raiders have to try to replace him, yeah, good luck with that.

Archived