Khalil Mack traded to the Bears (Page 19)

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, Totty said:

So it looks like.

Over the next two years in the first two rounds

Bears #1

Raiders #1

Raiders#2

Bears #1

Raiders#1

Bears #2

Raiders #2

Plus a player.  Who I imagine will be a starter.  That's not too shabby.  Consider the cap space left open also.  

I'm not mad.  That's 8 potential positions addressed in the coming two years.  7 if you replace Mack.  I feel as though they're counting on Key for that though.  (Pass rush anyway) 

We got 3 picks from the Bears?

1 minute ago, Totty said:

So it looks like.

Bears #1

Raiders #1

Raiders#2

Bears #1

Raiders#1

Bears #2

Raiders #2

Plus a player.  Who I imagine will be a starter.  That's not too shabby.  Consider the cap space left open also.  

I'm not mad.  That's 8 potential positions addressed in the coming two years.  7 if you replace Mack.  I feel as though they're counting on Key for that though.  (Pass rush anyway) 

Bears don’t have a 2nd rounder next year shipped to the pats 

Just now, Totty said:

So it looks like.

Bears #1

Raiders #1

Raiders#2

Bears #1

Raiders#1

Bears #2

Raiders #2

Any pass rushers available in fa?

im not convinced about the rookies 

This is a business and it's a TEAM sport.

With that being said...I'm NOT HAPPY!!!

Mack and Carr were the two guys who changed the culture around here. They are the TWO WHO DESERVE to get PAID! Yes I've been willing to trade Mack because I understand the business side of it, but I DO think this will take us out of the playoff race this season. Players will be pissed and it WILL be in the back of their minds. Chucky WILL cut someone to make a point mid-season (probably Irvin) if he feels he's being betrayed. 

How to look at it...

If we get 2 1sts and a 2nd + player then it's worth it. Even though I expect the picks are hit and miss and  two 10 million FA's that we save cap on will make us better AS A TEAM. I'd rather trade with Cleveland and get DE Garrett and thier 1st next season. Either way we will have to pay to retain talent.

So if the Bears offer isn't much better than an offer from us that gives more money in Vegas(taxes), then maybe this was a good tatic to see if Mack will give us a slight discount. Then if he resigns it's he wants us and we want him and throw in a no trade clause and all the LOVE is back in the air. BRILLIANT!!!

Trading him is also doing right by him if we just kept his 5th year and then franchised him the next two seasons. Then he doesn't have security of a long-term deal in case of injury and we don't have the holdout distraction each season. There's a good chance Donald doesn't finish out his last two seasons of his contract, so I'd assume Mack's would be similarly structured.

No matter what happens, I will ALWAYS be a fan of Kalil Mack for being a HUGE part of bringing respectability to the franchise again. We might lose some of that respectability by trading him, but if it happens then it's probably what's best for both sides.

PS Just went to spotrac to look at what players I'd want on the Bears roster and Mack is already sitting there on their books...:(

What an absolute shambles, good franchises don’t let their best player go in the prime of their career. This has been badly handled from the start.

I’m not even bothered by the compensation, we should have been doing everything we can to keep Mack. Just adds fuel to the national press that the Raiders are a dysfunctional franchise, hard not to argue with them now.

Also to think we had to put up with people saying that trade talk was “click bait news” ffs. 

I do understand everyones disappointment here.  At first I was stunned too, but the more I think about it....

I am a RAIDERS fan first and foremost.  In Oakland or Vegas it matters not to me.  I'll die that way.  

From a business perspective and team building perspective, and given the compensation this is the best possible outcome we could have hoped for.  Now, before you haul off and question my fandom consider a few things.  

I LOVE watching Khalil Mack play in silver and black.  I do.  There is very little we can count on as Raider fans.  One thing that we could look forward to on Sunday was 52 getting his no matter if we were up or down or in the hunt or not.  Opposing QBs needed to know where he was at at all times.  That is no longer.  

Signing Khalil Mack would have strapped us to the moon for the next 5 years.  You don't win championships with a QB, DE, and scrubs.  This is team building 101.  From what I am reading its looking like 2 firsts a second and a player.  Add in we don't have to pay 23 million a year to one guy, this is a win given it was never a certainty he'd resign with us after this hold-out anyway.  The franchise tag would have just backed him into a corner and p'd him off.  (See Lev Bell)  Gruden was right... we had a horrible defense WITH Mack.  If you take those picks and the available money and use it and spread it out over the rest of the team, we become better by subtraction.  Or at least potentially.  

When you look a this move, it sucks.  But football is a business.  If we could win Superbowls with a DE and QB and nothing else, we're foolish.  That isn't the case.  

FWIW Getting something for him in his prime is better than getting nothing once he is a FA.  

1 minute ago, Dessie said:

So this is all on Gruden then?

In one of the forums someone said 

"Gruden is in year one of a ten year deal and knows he won't be fired"  That is an excellent point.  Right now I believe JG is running the show... 

Archived