Khalil Mack traded to the Bears (Page 19)

RaidersAreOne

I finally came around to Mack being traded this week. It really just made too much sense. We’re talking about ultimate flexibility for Gruden to shape the roster how he wants it. With Mack gone, the Raiders not only receive what they will in a trade (looking like 3 picks, plus a player, they could also use the saved cap space to sign 2 viable starters.

so at the end of the day, you can have Khalil Mack, who has contributed to a bottom of a barrel defense for his whole career. Or you can have six opportunities to fix that bottom of the barrel defense with above average players.

50 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

I can tell you for certain that as of 2 hours ago (7:35am cst) that the bears and Khalil's team have agreed to terms on a deal if the bears and the raiders can work out a deal for compensation.

The raiders want this years 1st. Next years 1st and 2nd and a player. The bears didn't say no, but they haven't said yes either.

For me the player has to be either Kyle Fuller or Leonard Davis for it to be remotely worth it.

Not happening because the Bears don't have a 2nd next year. They used it for Anthony Miller. Tell your source I said nice try. 

I also have no idea who Leonard Davis is. Fuller just got 4 years $56M so that isn't happening.

6 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Tbh if it's 2 firsts, a second and Roquon Smith I would be over the moon. But I don't see that being the case here. It'll likely be 2 firsts and a much lesser name.

If that's the trade, we won.I doubt it's smith or floyd though. Probably some average player.

26 minutes ago, raiders4life said:

I finally came around to Mack being traded this week. It really just made too much sense. We’re talking about ultimate flexibility for Gruden to shape the roster how he wants it. With Mack gone, the Raiders not only receive what they will in a trade (looking like 3 picks, plus a player, they could also use the saved cap space to sign 2 viable starters.

so at the end of the day, you can have Khalil Mack, who has contributed to a bottom of a barrel defense for his whole career. Or you can have six opportunities to fix that bottom of the barrel defense with above average players.

Or you could fix the bottom of the barrel defense with a new coordinator who actually knows what he's doing, and keep your star player.

19 minutes ago, raiders4life said:

That's where I'm at too. I'm livid, and sad, and week 1 is deflated. I'll feel better if we beat the Rams, a little bit. 

But, everyone is calling this as close to a win-win as there is. The fact is Gruden gets a franchise QB and 4 first round picks the next two years, and we get 20 million to spend on other players/veterans that Gruden likes. And this years draft class is showing promise on the pass rushing front. That's a lot of team help, a ton.  If the bears tank a season (which I can see as GB and Minn could be great and Stafford is no slouch) we could get another top 10 pick, outside shot I know but possible.

8 months in to a 10 year contract and Gruden just lost a lot of respect. You don't trade a HOF talent. You just don't.

Dumb move. Shows Gruden doesn't think this team can compete this year and is rebuilding. Team isn't good enough in the draft to be excited about the draft picks. 

This will have ripple effects through the locker room. Mack was loved in there. 

This is a complete fail and confirmed for me, the Raiders are simply not a winning organization. Perennially losers doing loser things. 

3 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

The one thing I will say is - Jon Gruden you are one cocky SOB. I never thought week 1 was a must win for anyone but it is for him. This can go really bad really quick 

He’s playing the long game man. He doesn’t have to worry about keeping his job so he’s focusing on building a Super Bowl contender. Trading Mack is a risky move for sure, but there’s so much potential in what the team is getting back that it’s almost a no brainer.

Try to look at it from an eye in the sky perspective. Wouldn’t you risk a queen for the chance at getting two rooks, two knights, and two bishops in return? It might hurt for a bit after sacrificing the queen, but when those reinforcements come in, you’re going to be in great shape.

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

8 months in to a 10 year contract and Gruden just lost a lot of respect. You don't trade a HOF talent. You just don't.

Dumb move. Shows Gruden doesn't think this team can compete this year and is rebuilding. Team isn't good enough in the draft to be excited about the draft picks. 

This will have ripple effects through the locker room. Mack was loved in there. 

This is a complete fail and confirmed for me, the Raiders are simply not a winning organization. Perennially losers doing loser things. 

Gruden just lost the whole locker room righr before Week 1. None of these guys will come out with fire first week. Honestly expecting Rams like 33-20 or something. 

I do not like losing Mack but this was a smart move.  Trading Mack hurts but we are going to be able to draft 2 extra firsts, get a starter (at least) back, and sign two $10+ million players.  That is huge but if we win the trade is going to come down to how we use those picks and who we sign.  Also there will be players that step up for us although week 1 many of them might be shell shocked because we just lost our leader on D.  I still believe that this seasons success comes down to Carr and now there is just more pressure on the O to perform.  Seasons not over unless Carr gets injured or the O completely tanks.  We are still going to be a top 20 D without Mack since we finally have a real DC.  I would love to hear Guenther's opinion on this though.

Archived