Khalil Mack traded to the Bears (Page 19)

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Gruden tying to get enough ammo to get Ed Oliver and Nick Bosa next year 

And do what? Play a 6-2-3 alignment?

We drafted Hall, Hurst, and Key this year. Our D-line already had decent depth. We really gonna waste 2 more picks on it? 

Gruden better get Brian Urlacher and Ray Lewis clones to stick at LB at this point.

At his current rate, he's more likely to sign the originals though ?‍♂️

Mack is to beloved here to get anything worth him. We may be better team with picks in two years but don't matter. This one hearts. We hit on a top talent and better person. An example for all others to follow and he's gone.

Sad day in Raiders history

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

If we're being honest, I'd pay Mack 5 times over before worrying about how to keep Drops Extraordinaire. 

Cooper as a WR has been good, not great. He's just not transcendent. 

Mack is. 

Not at 23 million a year, plus  if he gets paid now by the raiders you know another holdout that is coming at the end of this contact.

Packer fan here.  I did NOT want the Packers to trade for Mack.  Even if it was two first round picks in the 20's.  I understand your frustration on losing a great player, but just think of all the dynasties built on acquiring massive amounts of draft capital.

Your cap I said healthier.

Your draft capital is healthier.

You've already got your franchise QB.

And finally, 27 is not young for a pass rusher in 70% of the cases.

Really think you guys can even out on top here if two firsts and a player is confirmed.

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Here's the problem- name the objectively above average players Gruden brought in this year. Name the ones Gruden has brought in since he first left Oakland. The guy hasn't stood out as a draft guru and brought in a whole bunch of JAGs on D during FA. We missed on all sorts of impact types there. The draft? Look, I hope our class works out, but I'm not going to pimp any of the rookie defensive picks up until real games get played. And even then, for the first season or so, I don't think they can make up for Mack's production even collectively. 

He brought in peanuts, drafted nothing but projects, and managed to get rid of our best player. He hasn't shown he can even identify above average players at this point. There is no silver lining here really.

You aren’t wrong, and I’m not trying to pump Gruden up, I’m just trying to look at it from his perspective. 

To be the devils advocate, Gruden went for quantity over quality this offseason. He didn’t know what he had with the team so he brought in a bunch of average guys so that there would be no below average area. Going forward he will be more willing to go after bigger free agents because he will have a greater understanding of the team and how his scheme is working. 

Gruden is going to do whatever he thinks will create a Super Bowl contender in the next five years and he doesn’t have to worry about what all the talking heads say because he knows he’s safe. He thinks he understands the game, and this teams direction, better than anybody else. So he’s betting on himself, and he’s seemingly going all in.

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

Ohh wow that sucks reg better get a hellovalot more than that in return. 

Another reg draft pick gone

cant wait to see this press conference ?

So it looks like.

Over the next two years in the first two rounds

Bears #1

Raiders #1

Raiders#2

Bears #1

Raiders#1

Bears #2

Raiders #2

Plus a player.  Who I imagine will be a starter.  That's not too shabby.  Consider the cap space left open also.  

I'm not mad.  That's 8 potential positions addressed in the coming two years.  7 if you replace Mack.  I feel as though they're counting on Key for that though.  (Pass rush anyway) 

Archived