Khalil Mack traded to the Bears (Page 19)

RaidersAreOne

9 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Hey Frankie

On 3rd down from the Packers 3 yard line, this play went for -5 yards. Bonus points if you spot the open player....

Dan Durkin (@djdurkin) Twitter

Dm1HVlvUUAALUdN.jpg

Trubisky turned and completed a pass behind the line of scrimmage that went for -5 yards. LOL

slow.gif

Haha I'm 39, have a noodle arm and I could have hit that guy.  Proves my point that Trabinskii is good at one thing and one thing only.  He's a pro clipboard holder and to think the Bears traded up for that piece of garbage.  

9 hours ago, daineraider said:

Carr woulve thrown the ball at the RBs feet before that TE even broke open.  At least Trubisky actually rolled out and let the play develop even if he didnt see a wide open guy right in front of him.  Ill give Carr another few weeks, but at $25 mil per season I expect more out of Carr than I do a 2nd year Trubisky at $6 or $7 mil and would take him over Carr after one game.

It's literally one game. And Carr played against the Rams defense and Aaron Donald/Suh collapsing the pocket on every play.

Lets pump the brakes on the Carr hate. He didn't play well, but you guys are being overly emotional.

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

It's literally one game. And Carr played against the Rams defense and Aaron Donald/Suh collapsing the pocket on every play.

Lets pump the brakes on the Carr hate. He didn't play well, but you guys are being overly emotional.

Yep, I literally put after “one game.”  Ive also said several times that I hope he changes my mind over the coarse of the season.  I’m not so much emotional as I am disappointed.  We had 0 pressure on the QB after getting rid of Mack and Carr looked scared of his shadow.  So far the $25 mil went to the wrong guy, but as we all have said , it’s one game, and I hope Carr gets his head right.

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Its not just one game. It's a season worth of Carr playing skittish and timid in the pocket. His scouting report out of college is becoming true before our very eyes. Even the rams players were calling Carr scared. 

We aren't being emotional just reacting to what we see, and expecting better from a 5th year 25 mill QB.

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:31 AM, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Hey Frankie

On 3rd down from the Packers 3 yard line, this play went for -5 yards. Bonus points if you spot the open player....

Dan Durkin (@djdurkin) Twitter

Dm1HVlvUUAALUdN.jpg

Trubisky turned and completed a pass behind the line of scrimmage that went for -5 yards. LOL

slow.gif

Yeah they broke it down a bit on NFL Live the other day.  You see the still picture and think omg why didn't he throw it to the wide open TE.  You listen to coach John Fox break it down and he says, watch the play again, it's a designed pass play to the RB.  Just watch the Oline.

He also brought up the fact that by the time the ball would have been thrown to the TE, Ha Ha running at full speed would have broken it up.

To me it truly looks like Trubisky thought about throwing it, but then returned to the designed play.  Just goes to show that for all the complaining that we do, we don't always know what the true play call was and what it was designed for.

12 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Its not just one game. It's a season worth of Carr playing skittish and timid in the pocket. His scouting report out of college is becoming true before our very eyes. Even the rams players were calling Carr scared. 

We aren't being emotional just reacting to what we see, and expecting better from a 5th year 25 mill QB.

This. Hearing the coaches talk about Carr's performance hasn't given me much hope either, they're all acting like he still has the training wheels on. I understand that this is a new system, but this isn't a system problem. Babying and making excuses for a rookie QB is fine, but if you're one of the highest paid players in NFL history you have to be really good to elite. Carr's skittishness in the pocket is alarming and if it continues I think we'll need to look elsewhere for our franchise QB. 

12 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Exactly we need more return from our investment (Carr). It’s just business plus he’s a 5 yr vet. No excuses imo. 

31 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

This. Hearing the coaches talk about Carr's performance hasn't given me much hope either, they're all acting like he still has the training wheels on. I understand that this is a new system, but this isn't a system problem. Babying and making excuses for a rookie QB is fine, but if you're one of the highest paid players in NFL history you have to be really good to elite. Carr's skittishness in the pocket is alarming and if it continues I think we'll need to look elsewhere for our franchise QB. 

Gruden looked hella disappointed like he just found out his long time crush has an amazingly deceptive push up bra.

6 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Gruden looked hella disappointed like he just found out his long time crush has an amazingly deceptive push up bra.

Everything I've seen on social media has blamed Carr's performance on the new system and the coaches justifying Carr playing it safe. Hopefully, the addition of Bryant will open things up but it's really on Carr. Last week he had 39 attempts that a player was targeted, Jalen Richard had 11 targets and our WR core as a whole had 9 targets. It's just unacceptable at this point. 

52 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Everything I've seen on social media has blamed Carr's performance on the new system and the coaches justifying Carr playing it safe. Hopefully, the addition of Bryant will open things up but it's really on Carr. Last week he had 39 attempts that a player was targeted, Jalen Richard had 11 targets and our WR core as a whole had 9 targets. It's just unacceptable at this point. 

Carr just doesn’t look the same since he got the $. He used to have that no flinch no blinking stone cold killer stare now he’s looks like a deer in headlights 

On 11/09/2018 at 10:45 PM, Frankie2Gunz said:

Once again Mack is a great player but you severely hamstring a team by paying a non QB 25 million when you have a QB under contract making 20 plus.  No doubt Mack is an all pro talent but QB's win championships.  This team is severely lacking depth and hopefully we can nail the picks we have.  

Let me pose this scenario.  Let's say that we are able to land Bosa with one of our picks or trade up both our picks to land him.  I'm not saying that Bosa is mack but lets say he's 3/4's as good and we have him on a rookie contract for 5 years.  Would that be considered a good move?  I think it would be a major win.

This is an interesting scenario, If we could get Bosa who for arguments sake plays at a consistent 'near Pro Bowl' level (without being the all pro Mack is) and on a rookie contract for 4 years at least, I'd say it was a good deal if we used the one pick but to use both picks and he's only 3/4 the player would just be a money saving exercise. We could have just payed Mack his 13.8m this year and franchise tagged him for a couple years IMO. 

On 12/09/2018 at 2:02 AM, big_palooka said:

Doubt Mack is traded if the team was ready to win now. Trading Mack was a clear indication that they are rebuilding. The 2016 season was a illusion that made a lot of fans (myself included) think they Raiders were on the brink of something. 2017, showed they are not.

Fact is, the defense has been garbage. With Mack, tied with the Browns for fewest takeaways last year I believe I read. That shows they need an influx of talent. I hate trading Mack, don't support that move at all but I see why from a business standpoint. But nobody wants to believe the fact they are rebuilding and probably a year or 2 away. 

The poor drafting sunk this team.

Do you really think we're rebuilding though? Trading a 3rd for Martavis Bryant and a 5th for a back up QB, trading up in the draft to get a punter, signing guys like Nelson, Whitehead and Melvin don't really seem like rebuilding type moves, they seem like semi-desperate win now moves to me - or moves to at least appease the beleaguered Oakland support with some short term success.

11 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Do you really think we're rebuilding though? Trading a 3rd for Martavis Bryant and a 5th for a back up QB, trading up in the draft to get a punter, signing guys like Nelson, Whitehead and Melvin don't really seem like rebuilding type moves, they seem like semi-desperate win now moves to me - or moves to at least appease the beleaguered Oakland support with some short term success.

We're rebuilding yet we brought back Reggie Nelson and he's starting and playing over younger safeties. We also cut Calhoun and kept Frostee Rucker. Gruden's personnel moves make absolutely zero sense. Same thing with signing Hankins, who was available because he was seeking a large contract. Are we trying to add guys to stay competitive or rebuild? It seems like Reggie and Jon don't even know themselves. 

16 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

This is an interesting scenario, If we could get Bosa who for arguments sake plays at a consistent 'near Pro Bowl' level (without being the all pro Mack is) and on a rookie contract for 4 years at least, I'd say it was a good deal if we used the one pick but to use both picks and he's only 3/4 the player would just be a money saving exercise. We could have just payed Mack his 13.8m this year and franchise tagged him for a couple years IMO. 

Who's to say that if we franchised Mack that he would show up.  My guess is that he would pull a Bell and be a no show knowing what his value is on the open market.  

It would have gotten ugly on both sides so the best thing to do was to get rid of him for picks.  Hopefully we can now turn thise picks into pro bowl caliber players.  

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We're rebuilding yet we brought back Reggie Nelson and he's starting and playing over younger safeties. We also cut Calhoun and kept Frostee Rucker. Gruden's personnel moves make absolutely zero sense. Same thing with signing Hankins, who was available because he was seeking a large contract. Are we trying to add guys to stay competitive or rebuild? It seems like Reggie and Jon don't even know themselves. 

So what are you supposed to do when you rebuild? Not sign anybody? We're doing exactly what we did when RM came in. Sign the players we can afford to try to improve the team for the 2018 season. Don't you remember Tuck, Woodson, Woodley, Flynn, Schaub...? You need stopgaps when your roster is weak.

Archived