Update: Urban Meyer suspended 3 games

IDOG_det

12 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Obviously that is enough evidence for tOSU haters to call for the head of a man that had nothing to do with a POS guy hitting his wife. Smith should be arrested and charged with DV. Yet somehow Meyer's needs to be fired based solely off a text message his wife received. No convictions, arrests, trials... just a text message. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Nothing to do with it... except giving him a job purely through nepotism, talking his (then pregnant) wife out of pressing charges, and allowing him to remain in a position of power and significant financial gain for six years, all while everybody around him knew the abuse continued the entire time.

But other than that.

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Nothing to do with it... except giving him a job purely through nepotism, talking his (then pregnant) wife out of pressing charges, and allowing him to remain in a position of power and significant financial gain for six years, all while everybody around him knew the abuse continued the entire time.

But other than that.

"Mr. Chappelle, what would it take for you to believe R. Kelly is guilty?"

41 minutes ago, Raves said:

@IDOG_det So I'm seeing other places mentioning that this might not be a Title IX issue due to a ruling in Arizona that stated that since, in that case, the GF wasn't an employee/student of the school, still looking for details myself.  Would that be a similar situation here at Ohio State since Courtney Smith isn't/wasn't an employee of Ohio State?  If it wasn't a Title IX issue due to falling under those guidelines, then the only issue would be if Urban knew and then lied to the media about it, correct?

Before people jump onto the comment, I'm not condoning Domestic Violence, this question is literally just about the legal aspect of this situation as @IDOG_det seems to have a better feel on the legal aspects than some others.

Shouldn't apply because the language that includes stalking as a part of Title IX actually comes from Ohio States school policy. That might apply in Arizona but from what I saw Ohio State's school policy ties stalking from domestic violence into the umbrella of "sexual assault/harassment" so a ruling elsewhere should be irrelevant 

2 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

But other than that.

Again were you there? How do you know this? Or is this just your opinion? Meyer's only problem would be if he knew all about this happening and did not report it to the NCAA. If he didn't know to report it then why is Urban Meyer even being threatened with firing? Again some text message between his wife and a position coach's ex wife is hearsay. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

1 minute ago, IDOG_det said:

Shouldn't apply because the language that includes stalking as a part of Title IX actually comes from Ohio States school policy. That might apply in Arizona but from what I saw Ohio State's school policy ties stalking from domestic violence into the umbrella of "sexual assault/harassment" so a ruling elsewhere should be irrelevant 

Wasn't the stalking issue though this most recent incident and why he got fired, not the incident in 2015?  Or am I getting them mixed up.  I'm just trying to understand all this best I can and see how this might play out.

1 minute ago, IDOG_det said:

When Zach Smith did stalk his Ex, they fired him ASAP. 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ohio-state-fires-assistant-coach-zach-smith-after-string-of-domestic-violence-allegations/ 

Also I love how one story reports one thing and another something completely different. I can't keep tell what's what anymore. I'm going to sit back and wait for actual facts to come forward. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

1 minute ago, Mastercheddaar said:

When Zach Smith did stalk his Ex, they fired him ASAP. 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ohio-state-fires-assistant-coach-zach-smith-after-string-of-domestic-violence-allegations/ 

Also I love how one story reports one thing and another something completely different. I can't keep tell what's what anymore. I'm going to sit back and wait for actual facts to come forward. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Or you could spend five minutes reading the, you know, actual McMurphy report.

9 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Again were you there? How do you know this? Or is this just your opinion? Meyer's only problem would be if he knew all about this happening and did not report it to the NCAA. If he didn't know to report it then why is Urban Meyer even being threatened with firing? Again some text message between his wife and a position coach's ex wife is hearsay. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

It's 2018. If you're going to deny reality, you need more all caps and branding. Try inserting "fake news" or "rigged witch hunt" in a few places.

Also yes, Urban Meyer is literally a mandatory reporter as is his wife and seeing as it would have taken the university one "We received a report in 20xx from Mrs and or Coach Meyer about this" press release to clear that out, guess what reasonable and logical conclusion we draw from this?

Oh, that's right, the Meyer's violated the Clery act, potentially Title VII and Title IX, and at any other program or if they weren't the Meyer's but idk, The Lane Train, would have been immediately fired with or without cause for this.

If I ever get to the point where I care more about anything sports related than someone enabling and ignoring a domestic abuser who the head coach's wife literally says she is "afraid off" then I want someone to smack me.

I'm not paying close enough attention to this story as it develops or this thread as its discussed - but surprised by the amount of seeming "support" Meyers is receiving here. I dont know the details involved - my position is a simple one: if true - if Meyers knew of this coaches behavior - before and now - and did nothing about it but to further his career - he should be fired.

I'm not gonna be able to (or try) to figure out the "Whodunnit" aspects of all this. The people in charge will figure out who did what when and what if anything they did about it.

If he knew the guy was pounding his wife and did nothing - he's gotta go IMO. Simple as that for me.

4 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Also yes, Urban Meyer is literally a mandatory reporter as is his wife and seeing as it would have taken the university one "We received a report in 20xx from Mrs and or Coach Meyer about this" press release to clear that out, guess what reasonable and logical conclusion we draw from this?

Oh, that's right, the Meyer's violated the Clery act, potentially Title VII and Title IX, and at any other program or if they weren't the Meyer's but idk, The Lane Train, would have been immediately fired with or without cause for this.

If I ever get to the point where I care more about anything sports related than someone enabling and ignoring a domestic abuser who the head coach's wife literally says she is "afraid off" then I want someone to smack me.

I think you're letting your personal feelings cloud some of the facts here.  No one has said that sports is more important than DV and no one will.

It is apparently unclear about whether Zach Smith's wife falls under the Title IX protections and whether reporting wouldve been required, especially with the recent Colorado ruling.

Outside of the unproven and mostly just bad mouthing accusation that Meyer send Zach Smiths grandfather and his friend to talk to the Smiths in 2009, there is nothing that Meyer did that would've enabled Smith to continue being a DV.  The police were constantly involved in these incidents and even if Smith was fired, it wouldnt have prevented him from assaulting his now ex-wife.

And for your insistence that if this was any other program or coach that they would've been fired already, the same thing can be said that this wouldnt have been a story, something proven by the fact that no one reported or cared about what happened at Colorado University with Joe Thumpkin,  who is now in jail I believe.

34 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

I think the ruling else where is more so what rules as a title 9 issue and if it falls under it. We have in Arizona and Colorado two issues not fall under title 9 because the victim wasn’t an employee/student of said school. 

Archived