SteelKing728

Titans Safety Johnathan Cyprien tears ACL

What will Tennessee do now? Should they sign a big name to replace him, such as Eric Reid or Kenny Vaccaro?

The titans are lucky there's like 3-5 starter caliber safeties on the FA market. 

22 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

The titans are lucky there's like 3-5 starter caliber safeties on the FA market. 

That are all probably better than Cyp

6 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

That are all probably better than Cyp

Was just thinking the same thing. Both Vacarro and Reid are superior all around players to Cyprien, in my opinion. I can't speak for Vacarro, but I know that you can also maximize some of Reid's talents by sliding him into the LB / moneybacker role as well and he will be a lockdown cover guy on tight ends (at least he was last year) in coverage (he struggles a bit more in coverage if you are going to put him up high). 

If they are willing to sign either of those guys, I don't think this is even a blip on the radar. 

26 minutes ago, Forge said:

Was just thinking the same thing. Both Vacarro and Reid are superior all around players to Cyprien, in my opinion. I can't speak for Vacarro, but I know that you can also maximize some of Reid's talents by sliding him into the LB / moneybacker role as well and he will be a lockdown cover guy on tight ends (at least he was last year) in coverage (he struggles a bit more in coverage if you are going to put him up high). 

If they are willing to sign either of those guys, I don't think this is even a blip on the radar. 

Eric won't get signed, because well...you know.

Just now, PapaShogun said:

Eric won't get signed, because well...you know.

They are both scheduled to visit, so you never know. At least he's got a shot still. 

Hope we sign Reid. He’s already said he won’t protest if he’s signed and his collusion case would come to an end as well. I don’t think it would be a distraction after the initial media buzz.

Posted (edited)

If they sign Vaccaro or Reid, this could very well be a blessing in disguise. Means Cruikshank should see the field more too. 

Edited by renndawg37

Reid or Vaccaro would give the Titans easily of the best secondaries in the NFL...

Malcolm Butler
Logan Ryan
Adoree Jackson
LeShaun Sims
Tye Smith

Kevin Byard
Eric Reid/Kenny Vaccaro
Dane Cruikshank
Kendrick Lewis 

Eric Reid is a better version of Cyprien, but I'm not all that confident we'll actually pull the trigger there (as much as I'm really, really rooting for it). Vaccaro seems like the likely option due to talent/lack of controversy. I'm really concerned it's going to end up being Webb though.

Even though I'm not a fan of Cyprien, it still sucks whenever a starter goes down with injury. He also played a big role in our playoff game when he knocked out Travis Kelce. But at least with this early news we can find another guy who frankly will probably be better in coverage. 

Sucks for him and the Titans. I was on his bandwagon as a prospect, but he hasn’t been all that special, honestly. 

If Tennessee brings in Reid, their secondary will have been substantially upgraded IMO.