Corey Coleman traded to the bills

brooks1957

THE F-ING-F... a 2020 7th.... LOL

IDGAF how bad our opinion is of Corey Coleman is... there's zero way in the realm of this planet called earth that a 2020, 7th round pick was the best that we could do in a trade for a young ultra talented coming out of college WR who was in every GM in the league's at least top 32 players in the draft the year he came out. Some GMs and FO's thought of him as top 12... his injuries and issues have not so bad as to necessitate such utter garbage of value in return...

This is a joke of a trade....

I'd rather have gotten a d**k punch in return...

My B.I.L. texted me that he knows 3 teams execs that would've at least given up a 5th rounder for Corey based on their reactions to the trade.

He thinks the only thing that could've happened was it was a hot trigger trade after a blowup with Corey where Dorsey just called a few GMs and took whatever was given...

Absolute terrible negotiating of value...

Trash McTrash...

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

THE F-ING-F...

I'd rather have gotten a d**k punch in return

That would hurt - LOL.

In my mind this is a classic case of addition by subtraction. I am sure there was a boatload of stuff going on behind the scenes. On a football level, this trade does not make much sense.

But if you rationalize it by you are removing a past regime's mistake, and removing a locker room cancer all in one swoop - it makes a ton of sense.

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

A 7th rounder means he’s probably a locker room cancer.

even if he is/was... I don't think it matters that much as not all other teams know this... some didn't and would've paid more... not based on speculation but based on how shocked some people in league personnel circles are that it didn't cost Buffalo at least a present 6th or 5th future pick. it's a joke....

Ruiter was saying Landry had some issues with Coleman. Even called out his eating habits during a team meal  

He had the assault issues with the apartment beat down. He had the “curfew” issue in Houston with Kenny Britt when they were both inactive for the game. There has to be more to the Houston situation. Unstellar performance the past two years, injuries didn’t help him but still. 

Something happen, Seems like Dorsey just wanted to cut him but just found a buyer and sold him as quick as possible 

Update: My B.I.L. friend in Buffalo's FO texted him back: "He's starting day 1 over Andre and Zay guaranteed."

Andre for those that don't know is Andre Holmes and Zay is Zay Jones..

Buffalo got a starter with upside and all kinds of other negative issues (injury and apparently maturity) for a future 7th round pick.. which is equal to an IOU that promises an IOU next year.

Good Times...

Even if he's really worth that... the market could've been manipulated wisely to extract more value... and that's the only reason I'm upset b/c it indicates to me that Dorsey wanted Corey gone asap a opposed to diligently maximizing value of a trade asset.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Didn’t Coleman just give up an off day to continue to work after having a bad day of practice just a week or two ago?

Doesnt sound too lazy.....

I sure as hell wouldn’t give up an off day, and I’m only moderately lazy.

Pretty sure before that, he got ripped by Haley. Only WR to get ripped by him. Also a Coleman might of known that with the way Higgins and Calloway have been playing he couldn’t sit out and allow those guys to put distance on him.

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Didn’t Coleman just give up an off day to continue to work after having a bad day of practice just a week or two ago?

Doesnt sound too lazy.....

I sure as hell wouldn’t give up an off day, and I’m only moderately lazy.

Facts.

And after a poor showing he had been on fire the rest of camp... writers reporting on him working after practice extra with Haley. etc...

The rationalization is afoot... Daryl Ruiter tweets how corey is a locker room parasite and now people are piecing together the out late story while he was injured and the fight thing with his brother and now in their minds Corey Coleman is one of the worst locker room teammates in the history of football at the Wide Receiver position...

Good times...

Archived