Corey Coleman traded to the bills

brooks1957

7 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Only way this makes any sense is if he’s a guy they just don’t want in the locker room, period. Because I agree, on its face, this certainly doesn’t make us better.

Like mistake said. It doesn’t make us better but it doesn’t make us worse

1 minute ago, nugpimpen said:

How does it not make us worse? At the least it hurts our depth. Maybe not a huge difference,  but still a difference. 

It potentially is a huge hit, if Gordon and Calloway neither work out, and Coleman is a 1000 plus yard WR for the bills, we will look foolish.

51 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

We are one blunt away from Landry, Higgins and who knows what from being our receiving core. I don't like that. 

I don't, either.

But Landry + Taylor alone make us so much better.

11 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

How does it not make us worse? At the least it hurts our depth. Maybe not a huge difference,  but still a difference. 

Coleman wasn’t much of a difference maker. It at least gives the chance for someone to step up cause he couldn’t. 

7 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Coleman wasn’t much of a difference maker. It at least gives the chance for someone to step up cause he couldn’t. 

Yeah, because clearly broken bones in his hands 2 years in a row, along with zero competent QB play is every opportunity for a WR to step up.

Just now, DizzyDean said:

Yeah, because clearly broken bones in his hands 2 years in a row, along with zero competent QB play is every opportunity for a WR to step up.

Well again, he was being out played by Higgins all preseason. You can add Calloway out playing him as well. Trust Dorsey’s evaluations and that he prolly likes the guys more and the ability to potentially bring another vet later on

i also supports Coleman and was a pro Coleman guy but this isn’t some huge lost for the team

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

Well again, he was being out played by Higgins all preseason. You can add Calloway out playing him as well. Trust Dorsey’s evaluations and that he prolly likes the guys more and the ability to potentially bring another vet later on

i also supports Coleman and was a pro Coleman guy but this isn’t some huge lost for the team

I like a lot of what Dorsey has done, but not all.  The Coleman and Shelton trades both flat out sucked, if a round 6 is all we got here.

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Those guys were playing against the 2nd team defense, unlike Coleman. No comparison 

35 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Like mistake said. It doesn’t make us better but it doesn’t make us worse

Disagree. Unless Coleman was a cancer in the locker room, it makes us worse. Even if Coleman never lives up to his potential as a first round pick, you can't tell me that he's a bad option as a #4 receiver behind Gordon, Landry and Calloway. Like I said, I think he was finally in a position to succeed with finally some (hopefully) competent QB play and now that he wouldn't be the first or second target in the passing game. I think he could have developed a solid role with us.

9 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I love Landry and Taylor.

Without Gordon and a lesser extent Callaway our entire corpus of play makes thrive at 0-15 yards. 

They, Njoku, Johnson, Hyde and Chubb keep the O on the field and the D off, which will make the D all that much better.

2 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

I like a lot of what Dorsey has done, but not all.  The Coleman and Shelton trades both flat out sucked, if a round 6 is all we got here.

At first I hated the Shelton trade, but I'm now okay with it. I think it hurts us a little in the immediate future, but if they weren't planning to sign him long-term, then it made sense. It's better to get a third round pick for him now rater than a third round pick at most in the future.

Archived