Hard Knocks Discussion

Mind Character

7 minutes ago, ohiogenius said:

I cant believe these morons are siding with Haley. "Hey lets push a guy with hamstring injuries to the max super fast, that cant ever go wrong"

I swear football is filled with so many meatheads. 

There is plenty to hate on Hue but we have had hardass coaches here. They didnt do crap here either.

Honestly Pat McAfee just sounds like an insufferable human being who has nothing to contribute besides being a complaining ahole

The best thing to take away from it is the coaching staff isnt made up of a bunch of yes-man. If it was, that would be dangerous. But the other coaches potentially can keep Hue in check and  provide different point of views when it comes to different kinds of situations. Haley made a suggestion but it wasn’t a hill he was going to die on. 

Best thing is Hue Has different personalities compared to coordinators

14 minutes ago, buno67 said:

The best thing to take away from it is the coaching staff isnt made up of a bunch of yes-man. If it was, that would be dangerous. But the other coaches potentially can keep Hue in check and  provide different point of views when it comes to different kinds of situations. Haley made a suggestion but it wasn’t a hill he was going to die on. 

Best thing is Hue Has different personalities compared to coordinators

I also think we have a good balance of good cop and bad cop

Hue isn’t the brightest. Sadly though, I’m not sure about his assistants either. Haley was dimmer then Hue in that exchange. Maybe that’s a solid game plan. Hire people under you that make you look like the smartest guy in the room.  Will hiring dap assistants like Gregg Williams result in wins? Unlikely. However, in the event that someone survives the firings, it’s easier to find a scapegoat and point to the bigger idiot in the room. 

1 hour ago, ditchdigger said:

Then tell me what you saw that proved he was a good coach? "It's my team and I do whatever the hell I want"? 

Losing must be what he wants then.

Why bother... seriously... nothing I say would sway you anyway...

I've already made my points in previous post in this thread about that interaction from a television analysis perspective and more importantly football/coaching analysis perspective...

Enjoy your Fire Hue season...

Take care...

3 hours ago, Mind Character said:

I've already made my points in previous post in this thread about that interaction from a television analysis perspective and more importantly football/coaching analysis perspective...

Take care...

Why bother? Or can't find anything to support your supposition that Hue Jackson is a good coach.

Forget the meeting. Where is your evidence?

On the field, on the show, press conferences, or anywhere you want. Show me and the rest of the rational thinking world why 1-31 isn't who he is and a result of his ineptitude. 

1 minute ago, ditchdigger said:

On the field, on the show, press conferences, or anywhere you want. Show me and the rest of the rational thinking world why 1-31 isn't who he is and a result of his ineptitude. 

He definitely isn't the only reason for 1-31. Granted, his decisions played a part, but the personnel also played a major role in the egregiousness that was the Cleveland Browns. Perhaps the biggest examples from last season: Kizer's QB sneak from the 5 at halftime, or his dumb pass in GB, or Coleman's drop in PIT, the list goes on. Those are just things that were entirely out of Hue's control. He'll get his chance to prove you wrong, and if he doesn't, guess you're just too cool for school. Mad props yo

7 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

It showed me what I've known to be true, yes. That Hue Jackson is a fraud. Been saying it for years now. The show didn't change that, it just showed me more evidence.

Your premise of confirmation bias is suspect, since there was no evidence of him being genuine, or good even, in regards to his job. The only genuine moment he had was when he was crying over the loss of his mother. RIP Betty Lee. 

A fraud would have folded like an accordion to Haley.  Nice try though, it was a good effort.

5 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Then tell me what you saw that proved he was a good coach? "It's my team and I do whatever the hell I want"? 

Losing must be what he wants then.

Sigh, yes, Hue is the reason for the losing, never mind last year that there was not a single QB on the roster that had won a single game in the NFL.  You had one with a noodle arm that is accurate, but could not get the ball down the field so the defense could tighten up, you had 1 QB with screwy mechanics that was terribly inaccurate.  You had another QB that was just as inaccurate as the 2nd, but also had the deer in the headlights fear and confusion factor working for him.  We had a roster that a frankenstein monster of Bill Walsh, the Hoodie, and Bill Parcels could not win with.  But yeah, it is on Hue.  Posts like this show nothing but ignorance of the game.  Particularly when the coach in question has a history of being pretty good prior to coming here.

4 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Take care...

Don't worry, give it until around March of next year, after Ditch disappears again.  He will come back, after our nice season talking about how he believed in Hue all along, ready to swallow him whole just like all of the other haters with opinions based on anything but reality.

4 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Why bother? Or can't find anything to support your supposition that Hue Jackson is a good coach.

Me... unable to find evidence?? LOL

Enjoy your Fire Hue season man..

I've posted numerous, numerous times... long... detailed.. contextual... on this very topic especially pointing to the factors around the coach all pointing to my Non-Fire-Hue conclusion based on how historical football coaching information imo shows similar outcomes team/coaching decision-wise given similar contextual variables/factors..

I could link them all, but I don't care to do that stuff anymore...

Shoot... I've probably @'d u in some of those past messages...

Enjoy your Fire Hue season... and your truths

Believe what you believe...

Good news is... you're not alone..

22 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Me... unable to find evidence?? LOL

Enjoy your Fire Hue season man..

I've posted numerous, numerous times... long... detailed.. contextual... on this very topic especially pointing to the factors around the coach all pointing to my Non-Fire-Hue conclusion based on how historical football coaching information imo shows similar outcomes team/coaching decision-wise given similar contextual variables/factors..

I could link them all, but I don't care to do that stuff anymore...

Shoot... I've probably @'d u in some of those past messages...

Enjoy your Fire Hue season... and your truths

Believe what you believe...

Good news is... you're not alone..

Good news is ellipses are back in fashion...

Archived