Preseason WEEK 1, GDT vs Tennessee

squire12

Boyle looks like the best rookie QB in GB in a long while. Given that he's a rookie, he is ahead of Hundley and Kizer. They're going to have to keep Boyle n the 53 or he will be gone. After trading Randall for Kizer, Kizer seems like a lock. Hundley looks to be the odd man out. Wonder if he has some trade value? 

6 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Boyle looks like the best rookie QB in GB in a long while. Given that he's a rookie, he is ahead of Hundley and Kizer. They're going to have to keep Boyle n the 53 or he will be gone. After trading Randall for Kizer, Kizer seems like a lock. Hundley looks to be the odd man out. Wonder if he has some trade value? 

Yeah but when Rodgers has the night off, doesn't the last QB always look like the best QB? ... partly because they're going against the worst coverage units the other team has. But I remember when Callahan and Hill looked like super stars as well too. Though I do agree that I think Boyle looked better than any recent last place QB and LOVED how he threw some perfect strikes when DB blitzing and about to hit him. I think he's a project, but he might be a project that they can't sneak to the PS and might have to keep... and his long term potential might be higher than Hundley or Kizer.

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Possibly because most people are, like us, posting in their team threads.

Possibly

Can you offer me a link to any team forum that has more than 48 pages in their GDT ?
Can you offer me a link to any Division that has more than 48 pages total among four teams in their GDT ?

The floor is yours kind sir...

Just now, Shanedorf said:

Possibly

Can you offer me a link to any team forum that has more than 48 pages in their GDT ?
Can you offer me a link to any Division that has more than 48 pages total among four teams in their GDT ?

You assume I care enough about any other team enough to give that effort.

15 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

You assume I care enough about any other team enough to give that effort.

A man has to know his limitations...

"Watch how 17 does it or 18 or 81, 80. 89 and 84. These guys are doing it right. 16 too . That's how you practice like a pro"

This is NOT Detroit, man

17 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Well since you asked so nicely, here you go... this division has more than 48 pages!

This division has 50 pages! NFC North!

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/forum/37-nfc-north/   

The Bears had two... 

In defensive of the Lions and Vikings, they haven't played their first preseason game (yet).

Just now, Shanedorf said:

A man has to know his limitations...

"Watch how 17 does it or 18 or 81, 80. 89 and 84. These guys are doing it right. 16 too . That's how you practice like a pro"

This is NOT Detroit, man

A man has to also know when to not care.

On to things I care about...Burks looked very solid tonight.  I loved Burks throughout the draft process.  I think he is my favorite rookie for the Packers.  He is still growing into his body, has a ton of athletic ability, but needs work in the run game.  In some ways, the injury to Jake Ryan could be a long term blessing for the team as a whole as I think Burks, with the additional playing time, could be a much better player than Jake Ryan.

22 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Burks looked very solid tonight.  I loved Burks throughout the draft process.  I think he is my favorite rookie for the Packers.  He is still growing into his body, has a ton of athletic ability, but needs work in the run game.  In some ways, the injury to Jake Ryan could be a long term blessing for the team as a whole as I think Burks, with the additional playing time, could be a much better player than Jake Ryan.

Excellent post.

After 3 seasons, we knew what Ryan offered and it was not much especially defending the pass.

Burks may never even be as good as Ryan, but he certainly has the potential to be so, so much better.

The Martinez-Burks ILBer duo could finally turn a position of perpetual weakness into one of strength.

Should be exciting to see the what the rookie will bring to the table this year and in the future.

Archived