Preseason WEEK 1, GDT vs Tennessee

squire12

Montravious Adams looked pretty good before he was pulled.

In my eyes, Gilbert is clearly the third pass rusher, though he wasn't super impressive.

Rollins had a rough game.

Overall the secondary was fine.

Jermaine Whitehead, Oren Burks, and Reggie Gilbert were all pretty active.  Greer Martini was as well.

WR is a mess, we are all going to be simultaneously right and wrong when choosing who to cut.

The pass blocking was good overall.  A few seasons ago (was it 15?) it was awful, the run blocking was not very good.  I really do wish that Spriggs and Amichia were better.

Just now, fattlipp said:

Josh Jackson looked good,  think he may start over King sooner than later.

I would be shocked if he did, isn't King set to be the starter?

Perhaps over Tramon eventually, but II think King is ready to be the number 1 guy if he stays healthy. 

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Montravious Adams looked pretty good before he was pulled.

In my eyes, Gilbert is clearly the third pass rusher, though he wasn't super impressive.

Rollins had a rough game.

Overall the secondary was fine.

Jermaine Whitehead, Oren Burks, and Reggie Gilbert were all pretty active.  Greer Martini was as well.

WR is a mess, we are all going to be simultaneously right and wrong when choosing who to cut.

The pass blocking was good overall.  A few seasons ago (was it 15?) it was awful, the run blocking was not very good.  I really do wish that Spriggs and Amichia were better.

Think the only hard part is do we keep Davis or Kumerow. MVS showed he can return kicks.

Just now, Slinky said:

His #'s would've looked even better if not for some dropsies from his WRs. Moore dropped a 40+ yarder, that may have gone farther for 6.

That is what we are going to have to live with, with Moore.  He will make more plays than he did tonight.  But you will have times when you are screaming at the TV because J'Mon dropped it again.

25 minutes ago, Leader said:

I like Herman, but that's some weak sauce.... He should stick to the Badgers.

Rollins looked done, but that was expected... Fack & Spriggs we're OK- didn't Fack get a sack? 

WR position is certainly shaping up to be a tough decision

Adams, Cobb, Allision, Davis, Moore, MVS, ESB, Kumerow, Yancy

You have to figure that with 3 more weeks of TC and PS, there might be an injury to one of those players.   It is the PackIRs after all.

2 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Think the only hard part is do we keep Davis or Kumerow. MVS showed he can return kicks.

I think all three drafted WRs are on the team.  Cobb and Adams are locks.  That is 5.  In my eyes, it comes down to Allison, Davis, Kumerow, and Yancey for that 6th spot, if they decide to keep 6 on board.  In that scenario, I keep Geronimo Allison on my roster.

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

I think all three drafted WRs are on the team.  Cobb and Adams are locks.  That is 5.  In my eyes, it comes down to Allison, Davis, Kumerow, and Yancey for that 6th spot, if they decide to keep 6 on board.  In that scenario, I keep Geronimo Allison on my roster.

I mean I dont see any way Allison is  not locked in right now tbh, that is only if the Packers pull a switcharoo and just want to give the rooks all the playing time this year.

9 minutes ago, squire12 said:

WR position is certainly shaping up to be a tough decision

Adams, Cobb, Allision, Davis, Moore, MVS, ESB, Kumerow, Yancy

You have to figure that with 3 more weeks of TC and PS, there might be an injury to one of those players.   It is the PackIRs after all.

Did you tack Yancey on at the end there for any particular reason? 

He ain't making this roster. 

Archived