Preseason WEEK 1, GDT vs Tennessee

squire12

Just now, packfanfb said:

The play design on those last 4 plays wasnt the greatest....how about a crosser or pick play Mike?

I'm guessing the coaches just wanted to see how different WRs would react to a jump ball in the end zone.

7 minutes ago, Cheech said:

Right now our best backup at OT is our starting RG.  

Gute needs to clean this mess up.  Now.  

I think Murphy might be better, at least at LT. McCray just doesn't have the feet for LT.

2 minutes ago, Joe said:

Yeah...Bell needs to be moved to Guard and be done with it...

Yeah he seem to be either too heavy or his feet are just slow. Either way he's not looking like an OT option... though why is he ahead of Spriggs?

2 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Bell playing Tackle is bringing back visions of Don Barclay

Barclay (before knee injury) was more like McCray, he didn't have the feet for it, but there is no way you're going through them, you got to go around them, and with some TE chip blocking, it's harder to go around them too. Maybe visions of Barclay post knee injury though.

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

I'm guessing the coaches just wanted to see how different WRs would react to a jump ball in the end zone.

Yep. Plus its preseason. I wouldn't expect them to bust out anything creative. If anything, you probably want to create as many 1 on 1 match-ups as possible to test players and figure out what they can/can't do

Archived