Preseason week 1: Lions @ Raiders

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, OakRaiders3828 said:

Maybe we shouldn’t jump to conclusions one way or the other. On Tuesday he was being looked at for a foot injury and on Wednesday he didn’t practice at all. Might have something to do with it

But he took snaps on STs last night? I . A lot of fans have been penciling him in as starter. Point being, the LB spot is still an issue. 

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

But he took snaps on STs last night? I . A lot of fans have been penciling him in as starter. Point being, the LB spot is still an issue. 

All snaps being before the second team defense came in though. So maybe he didn’t feel right. I agree that LB is an issue and I’m not expecting Morrow to be some stud based off last season alone, I’m just saying we should reserve judgement 

22 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Where is this coming from ? I thought Morrow missed the game last night with a foot injury.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/raiders-nicholas-morrow-misses-preseason-opener-with-injury/

Pros/cons from last night

Pros- Offense was exciting 

Lynch looked slimmer and FAST

Defense had good pressure with Vanilla scheme

Backup QBs looked pretty solid(Cook more so than EJ)

RBs fought for extra yards and they all looked solid

Defensive line looked good

Gruden was fun to watch

Pinero hit all his field goals

Cons- Carr looked too relaxed and threw lazy passes

LBs are still going to be an issue for this team

Too many penalties(Millers was annoying)

Defense held the Lions to 230-240 yds

Turnovers/penalties kept us out of the endzone too many times

6 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Did he fail to step up/not follow through though? I remember thinking whatever he did looked unnatural and not mechanically sound for a QB this experienced. His deep ball and mechanics leave a lot to be desired still unfortunately. 

The Bryant thrown looked to me just put a lot of air under it as opposed to leading him

5 hours ago, daineraider said:

Gruden was fun to watch

Eh yeah but the one he missed to Bryant was like 60 yards in the air. Pretty tough to put that on a dime from that distance. Martavis is looking like a dangerous player though and switz seems to be showing out.

10 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm pulling for Warren. He acknowledges that his pad level is a problem and he needs to play more explosive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uolkrjJI8qc

I hope we can stash him on the PS if he doesn't make the final 53. 

I'll be rooting for Warren to make it on any team. Playing the same position your father excelled at is hard enough living up to expectations. Doubt he can hide on PS but would love it if he can.

Carr always is too hyped like Favre use to be so I wouldn't worry about bad looking passes this early and with so few passes to judge. 4th quarter comeback king...

10 hours ago, daineraider said:

Gruden was fun to watch

Agree with most of this. I thought the 1st team LBs looked pretty good though. Johnson looked like he was in on nickel packages with Lee rotating in on base. Lee made a couple of nice plays and Whitehead had a pass break up.

Thought the only bad throw Carr had was the one we’re he got his arm hit, looked like he was throwing into heavy coverage.  The bomb to Bryant was a good throw imo, problem was Bryant got cut off by the safety. 

Hall and Hurst were impressive and I thought Nick Nelson showed up pretty well.

Washington showed up well, have to think we are putting him:in the window for a possible trade. 

WR spit is a tough battle, Holton is really good on STs, Switzer has to be in, Ateman has the size, what do we do with Roberts. 

I saw an article about Gruden's displeasure with Obi not being there and the article mentioned Conley not there too and I just realized I didn't even notice! Last year they were all I was looking for because we sucked so bad on the backend. Now those two will just add to what we've got. Melvin and Worley did their jobs so well I didn't notice them. Hamilton looks like IR with ankles. Nelson was always around the ball and just needs to secure it. Wright I noticed for a batted pass but overall I feel the scheme and depth this season looked GREAT for a first preseason game. Pressure is what got my attention and sometimes a stacked box that changed just before the snap. I'm very happy with how we looked and without our top 3 picks from last season. Hopefully they get healthy and contribute but when cuts come I won't be surprised if Obi's on them. Too soon to give up IMO but Chucky might need to grind his axe and take something off the top to send a message. 

Just now, big_palooka said:

One of the beat guys tweeted he had 5 ST snaps and zero defensive snaps. 

Yeah tbf I’ve seen the snap counts and it shows Morrow playing 3 ST snaps. 

Hes either re aggravated the injury or the 3 ST snaps were all they were giving him after missing practices.

1 hour ago, G said:

I saw an article about Gruden's displeasure with Obi not being there and the article mentioned Conley not there too and I just realized I didn't even notice! Last year they were all I was looking for because we sucked so bad on the backend. Now those two will just add to what we've got. Melvin and Worley did their jobs so well I didn't notice them. Hamilton looks like IR with ankles. Nelson was always around the ball and just needs to secure it. Wright I noticed for a batted pass but overall I feel the scheme and depth this season looked GREAT for a first preseason game. Pressure is what got my attention and sometimes a stacked box that changed just before the snap. I'm very happy with how we looked and without our top 3 picks from last season. Hopefully they get healthy and contribute but when cuts come I won't be surprised if Obi's on them. Too soon to give up IMO but Chucky might need to grind his axe and take something off the top to send a message. 

Reminder, Stafford didn't play a single snap. 

12 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Reminder, Stafford didn't play a single snap. 

True. But man last year we had guys like unretired Cutler putting up 300+ yards with 3 TD's and no INT's on us. Trevor Siemian and Paxton Lynch were beating us. 

Man I hope Conley gets better and can play well in his first couple games. Good chance Worley is out for 2-4 games. 

Archived