Fear the Walking Dead Thread

Bucketheadsdad

Just realized the thread got no attention until now. Makes sense. This half of the season was worthless and boring. I hate how season 3 was so good then we got this. The whole "we have to help everyone bc that's what Madison wanted" is so stupid. This show was on a path to be fantastic but took a hundred steps back in S4

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Just realized the thread got no attention until now. Makes sense. This half of the season was worthless and boring. I hate how season 3 was so good then we got this. The whole "we have to help everyone bc that's what Madison wanted" is so stupid. This show was on a path to be fantastic but took a hundred steps back in S4

I think if they made it so the group was sending survivors that they met to Alexandria it could work. It'd bridge the two shows and allow for new characters to be introduced in both shows. I don't think it'd work forever but definitely for a season or two.

At this point I'm worried it'll become the exact same as TWD with different characters.

• 1 month later...

I guess I'm the only one who breathed a sigh of relief when Nick kicked the bucket.  Couldn't stand Carl on the original series, either.  

I was really loving the new characters of season 4, but man.... I don't like the timeline jumps at all.  I don't know if it's OCD or what, but I prefer a linear/chronological timeline.  

I got excited about the prospect of them heading to Alexandria.  So many options and story arcs to play with there.  Hell, they could make a whole season of the trip just to get there with tons of cool stuff happening on the way.  Then....that ending happened.  Meh.

Still a great show.  I actually really liked the first season.  It took me forever to get through 2 and 3, though.  I stopped watching so many times.  They really stepped it up in season 4.    

Daniel Salazar confirmed back for S5. Does that mean Gimple is gone? Please don't ruin his character!!

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2018/12/04/fear-the-walking-dead-daniel-ruben-blades-return/

Also this:

"There is also the possibility of Blades playing his role of Daniel Salazar in a Dead universe movie, which could revive Michael Cudlitz's Abraham Ford character. Like several other projects, a film with Blades and Cudlitz is in the earliest stages of development."

Edited by JTagg7754

• 5 months later...
22 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Very solid start to season 5 tonight.  Crew got played by Max Headroom.  Going to be hard to live that down.  

Nice to see them bring out a teeny bit of info related to the whereabouts of Rick Grimes.  

Looking positive going forward.  

What about Rick did they disclose? Did I miss something?

I liked the episode also. Better than every episode of 4B combined. The two antagonists are interesting and the story seems good. They need to get away from this "we help people" BS and just survive.

6 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

What about Rick did they disclose? Did I miss something?

I liked the episode also. Better than every episode of 4B combined. The two antagonists are interesting and the story seems good. They need to get away from this "we help people" BS and just survive.

The paperwork/map that Al found at the end.  Had the same symbol as the helicopter that got Rick.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Found an article similar after I saw this. Pretty neat. I didn't even remember the three circles so I was completely oblivious to the fact they did this. Looking forward to finding out more about this group.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

While I enjoy this show quite a bit, it is interesting that they're now taking over the plot of "Flight of the Phoenix", and before the episode is over, I saw that they're going to be embracing "Around the World in 80 Days."

Not sure if this qualifies as jumping the shark or not.

On 7/7/2019 at 9:15 PM, Bucketheadsdad said:

While I enjoy this show quite a bit, it is interesting that they're now taking over the plot of "Flight of the Phoenix", and before the episode is over, I saw that they're going to be embracing "Around the World in 80 Days."

Not sure if this qualifies as jumping the shark or not.

I can't find the show enjoyable much more. Gimple is just ruining it like he did tWD before he left and it was saved by Kang. There are a few bright spots left over (Strand, Alicia, and John) but aside from that, it's just hard to watch any more. If they kill of Alicia, I'm done.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...