Fear the Walking Dead Thread

Bucketheadsdad

I've always wanted it, but I was shocked that they are going to crossover FTWD and TWD somehow. I know some of you guys are talking about it, I'm just very interested to see how it is done.

TWD family are all from the south.. Georgia to be specific.. and even though she tries to hide it, Madison (Kim Dickens) has a natural southern accent. I've always thought that maybe Madison would be linked to the TWD family somehow. However, if it was Madison they used for the crossover, it's pretty obvious that Madison would be the one. Because of that, makes it sound too easy and the show creators don't usually go for easy.

Wondering how this will all play out. 

Awesome finale to one of the best season FtWD or tWD have ever put out. I'd put this up w/ season 1 of tWD TBH. I know people hate them some cliffhangers but that's what we got and I'm OK w/ it. Madison is certainly turning into a villain also I feel. That dialogue between her and Nick when they were locked in that room was excellent. I hope, hope, hope he is still alive. He was stellar this season. Unfortunate what happened to Troy but I definitely didn't see that coming so for the shock value, it was good. That is why I feel Maddypoo is turning evil and she doesn't even realize it.

Very anxious for the start of the next season. Bravo w/ this one!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Great decision to piggyback Season 4 premiere of FTWD with the Season 8 finale.

Second half of season 8 of The Walking Dead premieres on Feb 25th FYI.

So after a much improved seasons 2 and 3, they are bringing in new producers and writers? And now "telling the story through the eyes of Morgan", i.e. an awful character from TWD and who knows how he even got across the country?? What am I missing here..

14 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Second half of season 8 of The Walking Dead premieres on Feb 25th FYI.

So after a much improved seasons 2 and 3, they are bringing in new producers and writers? And now "telling the story through the eyes of Morgan", i.e. an awful character from TWD and who knows how he even got across the country?? What am I missing here..

I'm not sure if they're telling the story through his eyes.  His eyes will be there, and who knows how long he'll be with FTWD.  

With it sure looking like FTWD is "catching up" with TWD's timeline, Morgan might just be there for a "visit" and back with the original show.  It may be another tool to try and entice more viewership.  I enjoyed season 3 of FTWD a great deal.  As I posted back in November (above), they're adding a few recognizable faces to the FTWD franchise.  

Can't help but think the FTWD group still evolves into the Whisperers.  (Probably wrong, but just because they're filming in Texas doesn't mean they are 'in' Texas.  

This is early for FtWD to come back. Nice. Still wondering how they're going to incorporate Morgan into this since this show takes place a few years prior to the current one. You would think Dwayne would have to be w/ Morgan. Not only this, how would someone in Atlanta be over there w/ people in New Mexico(?)?? I feel this is going to be pretty delicate how they intertwine these two.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

This show has surpassed tWD in every way. I loved this opening for the season. I really hope they explain what happened in the time travel though and what happened to the main group during that time since it looks like the two shows are on the same timeline now.

From my understanding on things (Talking Dead show last evening), the meeting with Morgan and the others might be a while into the future from where season 3 left off.  I think there will be a good portion of the season 4 filling in the time from when season 3 ended and Morgan entering the picture.  

Thought the premiere dragged at several different points. But still loved it all except the opening where dudes talking to the woods for 10 minutes before Morgan pops out. Usually I cant stand the drug out spots. But when the storys good, and youre developing for future episodes, it meshed very well for an opener.

Edited by PARROTHEAD

5 hours ago, squire12 said:

From my understanding on things (Talking Dead show last evening), the meeting with Morgan and the others might be a while into the future from where season 3 left off.  I think there will be a good portion of the season 4 filling in the time from when season 3 ended and Morgan entering the picture.  

I figured something like this would happen. It makes me wish they didn't introduce Morgan so quickly if this is the case. I hope they don't handle this poorly either b/c there is a lot of time and things that could be done in that gap. I will probably watch Talking Dead tonight. It was just too late after the premiere to watch it last night. Stupid adulting.....

4 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Interesting premiere, I enjoyed it. Didn't recognize Alicia at first, I wonder what drove them to ambush passerby.

This is what I'm so curious about also. The preview for next week's episode looked intense as well. We learned a couple thing from that small clip also: Nick is alive and Kim was MIA. I don't think there's a chance in hell she's dead but then again, I thought Travis was in this show for the long haul. After watching Talking Dead and seeing Garret Dillahunt on there, I hope he's around for the long haul. I liked his character in the show and he was great in Talking Dead. Seems like a funny guy whom I did vaguely remember from Deadwood.