Preseason week 2

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, DawgX said:

LOL. Easily one of the worst calls I've ever seen. I'd be furious if I were a Vikings fan and that occurred during the regular season. I get wanting to protect the QB but really? Soon enough sacks will be against the rules.

They called one on Mostert in the 49ers game for what looked to be a pretty textbook tackle. This rule is just going to be brutal at this rate. 

So sacking the QB is now a penalty is it?  The NFL is doing everything they can think of to ruin this game and at the rate they are going, nobody is going to be in the stands or watching at home in 10 years.  Why not just put the QB's in red jerseys during the games and make it illegal to touch them?  Hell, why not just outlaw defense altogether?  We can all just sit around and watch offenses throw 80 yard TD's to undefended receivers all day, cuz everybody just wants to see TD's amirite?

My only hope at this point is that these stupid penalties will not be called in the regular season (or at least no where near as often as we are seeing in the preseason thus far).  There really will be no legitimate winners this year if they call games the way they are because the SB champs will just be the team that the NFL favored with less penalties.  I want to watch the games played on the field, not decided by referees and rules committees. 

But hey, the NFL will finally catch on that this kinda crap is unacceptable once the ratings drop about 50%...

Archived