Preseason week 2

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Dude, if I can spot that, a NFL QB should be able to spot it. It wasn't a complicated look. What's going to happen when defenses start to make it hard on him? Mental acuity is what makes or breaks QBs at the NFL level. 

Well if he can turn a mistake into a TD then I think the kid will be pretty freaking good... Not sure what the big deal is. Allen avoided a rusher and kept his eyes in the end zone to a open receiver... It's that simple. If you see an open receiver you throw it to him. 

Besides with Allen's arm strength and mobility he can get away with things that majority of other QBs can't. The TD he threw against Panthers is prime example. That throw probably would be an INT for 99% of QBs... Triple covered goes against everything you learn but his arm strength he was able to fit it in a very narrow window for a TD.

The presnap reads will come with time and experience. Besides it's the 2nd preseason game. McDermott last year said he doesn't do any preparation except for 3rd preseason game that he treats as a dress rehearsal. Allen will have plenty of time to learn and gain experience in that department with Nathan Peterman surprisingly breaking out this off-season.

I think most people's biggest concern with Josh was his footwork. It was mine. His footwork led to somebody his accuracy problems. Throwing off your back leg for example is never a good thing... Always leaves to INT and accuracy is terrible. Allen has been working on his footwork since predraft process. In the senior bowl you could tell that he improved on his footwork a bit  Our GM Brandon Beane mentioned that his footwork needed to get better and I believe it was McDermott that at beginning of training camp that his footwork is much improved... And that play right there is the evidence. Sidesteps a defender and moves up into the pocket an delivers a strike. So for me that play shows that he is improving... You can't improve all parts of your game at once. It's a process and this just shows that he is making strides so early in his career.

7 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Hill is the fastest player in the league he can outrun anybody. Including Falcons Starters.

they probably wouldn't have given up on the play though. But 69 air yards? That's Rodgers level arm strength. Most people would never think a QB could reach that far.

Chiefs better fix that OL... because it is as bad as it gets in the NFL. Hill is fast no doubt, but if the Chiefs dont fix that OL Hill wont make it 20 yards downfield before patrINT gets up looking out his earhole

52 minutes ago, What? said:

Chiefs better fix that OL... because it is as bad as it gets in the NFL. Hill is fast no doubt, but if the Chiefs dont fix that OL Hill wont make it 20 yards downfield before patrINT gets up looking out his earhole

We got Cam Erving starting

Epic_Facepalm_5452.png

It took an entire preseason game, but Webb finally settled down and looked pretty good last night. 14/20, 140 yards and a touchdown. He had a couple beautiful deep throws. Last week it looked like he hadn't played football in a year... which is actually true. 

Giants run defense is gonna be #1 this year. The 3 starting down linemen in our base 3-4 are all monsters against the run. BJ Hill looks good. Bettcher is a literal maniac and I love it. He headbutts his players before they go on the field. 

20 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

It took an entire preseason game, but Webb finally settled down and looked pretty good last night. 14/20, 140 yards and a touchdown. He had a couple beautiful deep throws. Last week it looked like he hadn't played football in a year... which is actually true. 

Giants run defense is gonna be #1 this year. The 3 starting down linemen in our base 3-4 are all monsters against the run. BJ Hill looks good. Bettcher is a literal maniac and I love it. He headbutts his players before they go on the field. 

Yea, you'll probably jump from 27th to 1st, especially with those stud LB's the vaunted Giants defensive front 7 is known for. Also, I hate it when people headbutt other people. Thanks for the concussion.

I love football, but every time I watch an NFL game for the first time for the year, I’m always taken aback by how horrible the product is. 12 penalties in the first half of the Vikings-Jaguars game, and a lot of them (particularly this year) are just so stupid.

And then there’s commercials on blast too.

13 minutes ago, Duluther said:

I love football, but every time I watch an NFL game for the first time for the year, I’m always taken aback by how horrible the product is. 12 penalties in the first half of the Vikings-Jaguars game, and a lot of them (particularly this year) are just so stupid.

And then there’s commercials on blast too.

I hear you. Keep in mind though that a lot of veteran crew chiefs just retired. 

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

As long as Bortles only throws screens this year the Jags will be alright.

I know these guys are highly paid, educated professionals... but how How HOW do you pass on Lamar Jackson for a DT? The risk/reward when he fell into their laps apparently was too good to take. Even if Jackson busts, this'll never make sense to me from an information available at the time, POV.

17 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I know these guys are highly paid, educated professionals... but how How HOW do you pass on Lamar Jackson for a DT? The risk/reward when he fell into their laps apparently was too good to take. Even if Jackson busts, this'll never make sense to me from an information available at the time, POV.

It was a mistake.

Hit against a defenseless receiver while he was running with the ball lol.  Every pass is now at least a 15 yard play.  A hard hit and a player gets hurt but the refs don't know what to throw a penalty flag for they just know they should throw one.

Archived