Preseason week 2

RaidersAreOne

We have now entered a new era of paid advertising.

Not only are we going to be dealing with the absurd amount of commercial breaks but now we have listen to the game announcers constantly advertising products on-air instead of talking about the game. Great job NFL.

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

We have now entered a new era of paid advertising.

Not only are we going to be dealing with the absurd amount of commercial breaks but now we have listen to the game announcers constantly advertising products on-air instead of talking about the game. Great job NFL.

I have NFL Game Pass overseas here. I'm glad all they have on the commercial breaks is an NFL shield stating the game will return shortly. At least in the preseason.

In the regular season it's the same 4 or 5 commercials over, over, and over again. Strangely though, I like that better. After a while it all just becomes white noise. 

5 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I have NFL Game Pass overseas here. I'm glad all they have on the commercial breaks is an NFL shield stating the game will return shortly. At least in the preseason.

In the regular season it's the same 4 or 5 commercials over, over, and over again. Strangely though, I like that better. After a while it all just becomes white noise. 

Amen. I can def relate to that. I have had game pass for years now and that's how I watch most games and you do learn to block out those advertisements pretty easily(i.e "get the NFL redzone"). But prime time games, I usually use the relative channel(ESPN, NFL Network, NBC, etc). Those are the channels where I have to suffer the most when it comes to advertisements and it's getting rediculous. 

Kind of off-subject. I have had a international sub with game pass using a VPN every year so I can watch the games live but this year I canceled that one and decided to try the domestic(US) version (they changed the EU version last year and it sucked - no longer using neulion) 

What I'm curious of seeing is whether or not I am still going to get the same 4 or 5 commercials that you talked about and what I was getting with the international sub with the domestic sub. Or am I now going to get more? 

46 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

WOW. Geno Smith just had a perfect corner spiral to the endzone to Mike Williams. About a 25 yard beauty. 

He tapped the B button on Madden and threw a touch fade pass into the red zone. I do it all the time.

(I have Xbox One for anyone who wants this work)

44 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Amen. I can def relate to that. I have had game pass for years now and that's how I watch most games and you do learn to block out those advertisements pretty easily(i.e "get the NFL redzone"). But prime time games, I usually use the relative channel(ESPN, NFL Network, NBC, etc). Those are the channels where I have to suffer the most when it comes to advertisements and it's getting rediculous. 

Kind of off-subject. I have had a international sub with game pass using a VPN every year so I can watch the games live but this year I canceled that one and decided to try the domestic(US) version (they changed the EU version last year and it sucked - no longer using neulion) 

What I'm curious of seeing is whether or not I am still going to get the same 4 or 5 commercials that you talked about and what I was getting with the international sub with the domestic sub. Or am I now going to get more? 

Unless they've changed the domestic version, you can't watch the games until they're over once the regular season starts. I don't think you get any commercials.

On 18/08/2018 at 6:04 AM, jrry32 said:

Dude, if I can spot that, a NFL QB should be able to spot it. It wasn't a complicated look. What's going to happen when defenses start to make it hard on him? Mental acuity is what makes or breaks QBs at the NFL level. 

Did you spot using a high up easy to see the whole field TV camera angle by any chance?

Archived