2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

45 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Watching some film on Bosa and Allen. Man if both are available I’d love to be a fly on the wall in that war room. 

Right. I would go with Allen, but I can't get mad if we go with Bosa. It might become harder to want to trade back if both of them are there at #3. 

3 hours ago, Bianconero said:

His brother himself struggles versus long OTs himself though

EXACTLY.  I think Bosa will have good games and then disappear vs good OT's.  I think he is the type of guy that can get 8-12 sacks damn near every year but he is never gonna get you that 15-20 sack season.  I think Allen has that potential.

To go back to my comparison months ago...

Allen is a poor mans Mack

Bosa is Clowney

In hindsight everyone would choose Mack over Clowney. But i back then all along liked Mack more. Same way as I like Allen more this draft. It’s speed, dip and athleticism that stand out to me. And I don’t want to hear combine stats. I watch film.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Bosa is Clowney

In hindsight everyone would choose Mack over Clowney. But i back then all along liked Mack more. Same way as I like Allen more this draft. It’s speed, dip and athleticism that stand out to me. And I don’t want to hear combine stats. I watch film.

Bosa is a better pass rusher than Clowney.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Rashad Gary visiting us, been hot and Cold on him in the past but as of now I want no part of him seems to be the classic Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane type of player. If you guys have the time watch PFF’s breakdown of him on YouTube, it’s a good watch.

PFF didn’t know our Tight Ends name.

I don’t see the Tarzan/Jane thing like at all with Gary.

10 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Bosa is Clowney

Bosa to Clowney is the weirdest comp ever.  I mean..... his brother is in the league and they are damn near identical, and you chose Clowney to comp him to?  Clowney is an athletic freak of nature who needed to work on his technique.  Bosa is an average athlete at best with extremely good technique. 

I also don't think Allen is necessarily a poor mans Mack.  You are saying that with the benefit of hindsight now that Mack is an all pro.  Allen is bigger, faster, stronger on the bench, with longer arms, and with better college production against VASTLY better competition.  Also he is more natural dropping back in coverage right now than Mack is even right now years into the league.  I am not saying Allen will become Mack, but he is certainly capable of it.  

8 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

PFF didn’t know our Tight Ends name.

I don’t see the Tarzan/Jane thing like at all with Gary.

What does he do on a regular basis that appeals to you because for me atleast I see a guy that’s so physically imposing and athletic that he should be dominating on a game to game basis but he doesn’t, I understand the whole Michigan’s scheme argument but still how can it explain how bad he’s been in just straight rush situations.

48 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Bosa to Clowney is the weirdest comp ever.  I mean..... his brother is in the league and they are damn near identical, and you chose Clowney to comp him to?  Clowney is an athletic freak of nature who needed to work on his technique.  Bosa is an average athlete at best with extremely good technique. 

I also don't think Allen is necessarily a poor mans Mack.  You are saying that with the benefit of hindsight now that Mack is an all pro.  Allen is bigger, faster, stronger on the bench, with longer arms, and with better college production against VASTLY better competition.  Also he is more natural dropping back in coverage right now than Mack is even right now years into the league.  I am not saying Allen will become Mack, but he is certainly capable of it.  

My comparison is more the prospect hype rather than the player. Although I do see Allen similar to Mack. But let’s even compare Bosa to Bosa (which obviously makes sense). My point is that Bosa is the hyped player, but I’m not sure why. Not saying he’s not good. But for me Allen is hands down the pick if it’s even a choice between the 2. Bosa is coming off injury and pretty much hasn’t played for a whole year. Where at Allen doesn’t have injury issues and has big time produced on a defense where he’s the focal point. 

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

My comparison is more the prospect hype rather than the player. Although I do see Allen similar to Mack. But let’s even compare Bosa to Bosa (which obviously makes sense). My point is that Bosa is the hyped player, but I’m not sure why. Not saying he’s not good. But for me Allen is hands down the pick if it’s even a choice between the 2. Bosa is coming off injury and pretty much hasn’t played for a whole year. Where at Allen doesn’t have injury issues and has big time produced on a defense where he’s the focal point. 

Oh I have Allen over Bosa.  I think Bosa is hyped because he is virtually identical to his brother who has proven to be a good NFL player who can get you 12ish sacks a year if he can stay healthy.  I think Allen is more versatile AND has a higher pass rushing ceiling.  

2 hours ago, Dr.O said:

What does he do on a regular basis that appeals to you because for me atleast I see a guy that’s so physically imposing and athletic that he should be dominating on a game to game basis but he doesn’t, I understand the whole Michigan’s scheme argument but still how can it explain how bad he’s been in just straight rush situations.

I’m not listening to a 13 minute video. 

Anyway dude has a high motor, he’s powerful, tries to win with power, uses his hands very well and he’s also stout against the run. 

His bend off the edge could use work, top tier tackles will take advantage that and he also needs to work on more technique against better OL. 

Physically he is a monster and with next level coaching I think he’ll untap some of that potential. I don’t think we’ll pick him at 3 at all but in a trade scenario if he’s BPA I’m okay with it.