Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dr.O

2019 prospects and outlook

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

If we do trade back and still don't go edge in Round 1... I really like Joe Jackson from Miami at edge.

I'm not sure he is going to be athletic enough to translate.  Didn't run the 40 at the combine or his pro day.... wonder why.... but he did do the vert where he jumped 27 inches which is in the 12th percentile.  If he chose to do that and not the 40 does that mean his 40 is even worse?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

I'm not sure he is going to be athletic enough to translate.  Didn't run the 40 at the combine or his pro day.... wonder why.... but he did do the vert where he jumped 27 inches which is in the 12th percentile.  If he chose to do that and not the 40 does that mean his 40 is even worse?  

If I’m not mistaken, he had the highest pass rush win % in CFB last year.  He’d be worth a flier in the 3rd if he’s still there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rampantjet said:

I'm not sure he is going to be athletic enough to translate.  Didn't run the 40 at the combine or his pro day.... wonder why.... but he did do the vert where he jumped 27 inches which is in the 12th percentile.  If he chose to do that and not the 40 does that mean his 40 is even worse?  

Like most combine numbers... I don’t care about them. Watch film on him and then evaluate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Random, but interesting combine comparison: 

Stephen Hill 40- 4.36 Vert- 39.5 Broad- 133 3 cone- 6.88 shuttle- 4.48 bench-14 

DK Metcalf 40- 4.33 Vert- 40.5 Broad- 134 3 cone- 7.38 shuttle- 4.5 bench- 27

Doesn't mean anything, D.K has far better tape IMO. Just found it interesting considering most people were comparing D.Ks combine with Megatron.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Random, but interesting combine comparison: 

Stephen Hill 40- 4.36 Vert- 39.5 Broad- 133 3 cone- 6.88 shuttle- 4.48 bench-14 

DK Metcalf 40- 4.33 Vert- 40.5 Broad- 134 3 cone- 7.38 shuttle- 4.5 bench- 27

Doesn't mean anything, D.K has far better tape IMO. Just found it interesting considering most people were comparing D.Ks combine with Megatron.

Megatron never ever ran a 3 cone bc it would be in the same range of DK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Megatron never ever ran a 3 cone bc it would be in the same range of DK.

You might be right but I don’t think the 3 cone was considered as important back when Johnson was at the combine. He wowed everybody with his 40 and didn’t do anything else.

Here are the 3 cone times for the top receivers in the league - Julio  6.66, AJ 6.91, Odell 6.69, Antonio 6.98, Evans 7.08, Adams 6:82, Thomas 6.80, Cooks 6.76, Woods 7,15, Golladay 7.00, Boyd 6.90, Diggs 7.03, Cooper 6.71, Hopkins, Hilton and JU Ju didn’t run, Hill and Thielen weren’t at combine.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-josh-allens-versatility-makes-him-a-top-5-pick

 

”Perhaps most impressive is his overall efficiency when rushing the passer as Kentucky only sent him after the quarterback 520 times over the last two years (about 1.25 seasons for most rushers) and Allen notched 24 sacks, 24 QB hits and 50 hurries during that time...

Allen has the burst and bend to challenge NFL offensive tackles right off the snap, and it resulted in his creating pressure to the outside shoulder of offensive tackles once every seven snaps last season...

He’s dropped into coverage 300 times over the last two seasons, far more than any other top edge defender in this draft class. While most edges drop into “curl/flat” responsibilities where most plays are made working downhill in condensed space, Allen has shown the ability to run down the field with tight ends and running backs while showing impressive catch-point ball skills.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-josh-allens-versatility-makes-him-a-top-5-pick

 

”Perhaps most impressive is his overall efficiency when rushing the passer as Kentucky only sent him after the quarterback 520 times over the last two years (about 1.25 seasons for most rushers) and Allen notched 24 sacks, 24 QB hits and 50 hurries during that time...

Allen has the burst and bend to challenge NFL offensive tackles right off the snap, and it resulted in his creating pressure to the outside shoulder of offensive tackles once every seven snaps last season...

He’s dropped into coverage 300 times over the last two seasons, far more than any other top edge defender in this draft class. While most edges drop into “curl/flat” responsibilities where most plays are made working downhill in condensed space, Allen has shown the ability to run down the field with tight ends and running backs while showing impressive catch-point ball skills.”

When you hear stuff like this, it makes it more difficult to want to trade down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mattmanz91 said:

When you hear stuff like this, it makes it more difficult to want to trade down. 

It is making the decision harder for me, but i think i still want us to trade down.   Not just for this draft but having 2 firsts next year could be massive for the future of this franchise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

It is making the decision harder for me, but i think i still want us to trade down.   Not just for this draft but having 2 firsts next year could be massive for the future of this franchise.

Good point. Next year's draft class is potentially a great one. 

Edited by mattmanz91

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Here's a name us Jets fans should become familiar with: Chuma Edoga

Big fan of his wouldn’t mind him with the Saints pick or our 4th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

Here's a name us Jets fans should become familiar with: Chuma Edoga

You have some inside info on this??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Here's a name us Jets fans should become familiar with: Chuma Edoga

His run blocking style is perfect for Bell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×