2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

3 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

100%. If we trade back into the teens, that’s who we should be gunning for IMO. 

I'd rather have Montez Sweat, but he's probably long gone if we move back into the teens. What if burns and ferrel are both available?

Edited by mattmanz91

15 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Saw some film on Brian Burns pro day. And it was impressive his athleticism. Trade back candidate

My favorite prospect in the draft. I said a couple of weeks ago I wouldn’t be opposed to taking him at #3. I don’t see that happening though. Trade back and getting him would be great.

He’s pretty alert against the run. I think he gets labeled as a one trick pony unfairly.

Edited by SDotNova

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

Jachai Polite keeps bombing the pre-draft process.  

I'd take a 4th round flier if he falls there.  Looked like he had at least a nice motor from the very little film I saw on him.  Never gave up on the few plays I saw.  

57 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I'd take a 4th round flier if he falls there.  Looked like he had at least a nice motor from the very little film I saw on him.  Never gave up on the few plays I saw.  

I agree. I’d prob pull the trigger in the 3rd to be honest. 

I love the idea of trading down, but man, getting a guy like Josh Allen (or Bosa) as a potential center piece for this team going forward... not to mention fills a need we've lacked since Abraham. I would have a hard time passing on either.

1 hour ago, NJC33 said:

I love the idea of trading down, but man, getting a guy like Josh Allen (or Bosa) as a potential center piece for this team going forward... not to mention fills a need we've lacked since Abraham. I would have a hard time passing on either.

The trade down has to net some serious compensation to be worth it. 

Ultimately I still take the Elite EDGE over a 2nd or 3rd tier EDGE and a couple mid round picks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

The trade down has to net some serious compensation to be worth it. 

Ultimately I still take the Elite EDGE over a 2nd or 3rd tier EDGE and a couple mid round picks. 

But who would have thought that in the 2015 draft 2nd to 4th rounders,  Hunter, Clark, Flowers and  Preston Smith would be better players than 1st rounders Fowler, Beasley and Dupree. Or the next year 3rd round pick Ngakoue would have more sacks than 1st rounders Floyd and Lawson combined.  It’s a crap shoot and I don’t mind increasing our odds by trading down

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rich51 said:

But who would have thought that in the 2015 draft 2nd to 4th rounders,  Hunter, Clark, Flowers and  Preston Smith would be better players than 1st rounders Fowler, Beasley and Dupree. Or the next year 3rd round pick Ngakoue would have more sacks than 1st rounders Floyd and Lawson combined.  It’s a crap shoot and I don’t mind increasing our odds by trading down

Right. Are people that confident that Allen and Bosa are going to be better pros than  Burns and Ferrell? Those guys are all first round prospects. 

I guess it comes down to how each person ranks these defenders. If you feel there’s a drop off between Bosa and Allen vs someone like Burns, than I can see the hesitation.

22 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

I would love this.  We need as many home run hitters as possible.  

4 hours ago, Rich51 said:

Ya this is kind of my rational behind a trade back.  I really like Allen and Bosa as prospects but they aren't without risk.  We need as many swings at the plate as we can get, and getting an extra 1st in next years draft should really be a priority.