Dr.O

6 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Good post.  

Order of Importance for me
Pass Rusher
C
LG
WR

Those 4 positions in that order are where I would focus this offseason.  Long has been awful and the pass rusher is still a huge concern against competent OL's.  Carp has been solid but we could use a future LG to groom.  @ekill08x will hate this but Winters has been stellar so far.  Beach and Shell has been decent enough but it's really been the play of Long that has been the big issue.  Need to use one of those 3rd rounders on a good young C.  Finally another WR to play opposite Anderson with Q in the slot is a need as well. 

HAHA youre not wrong he has been. Its Spencer whose been atrocious, and I mean he cant pass block, run block or snap the ball. He needs to be replaced. Good for Winters. He still has his moments but he definitely has improved.

11 hours ago, ekill08x said:

HAHA youre not wrong he has been. Its Spencer whose been atrocious, and I mean he cant pass block, run block or snap the ball. He needs to be replaced. Good for Winters. He still has his moments but he definitely has improved.

Why WR ? Sure looks like we have some real good receivers on the roster. I do agree with you point on Spencer, his snaps are terrible and those bad snaps are throwing Darnold's timing off.

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Why WR ? Sure looks like we have some real good receivers on the roster. I do agree with you point on Spencer, his snaps are terrible and those bad snaps are throwing Darnold's timing off.

Kearse, Pryor and Enunwa are all FAs for starters. Enunwa I’m sure we will bring back. But the other 2 are very average or aging.

32 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Kearse, Pryor and Enunwa are all FAs for starters. Enunwa I’m sure we will bring back. But the other 2 are very average or aging.

Pretty sure Robby is a restricted FA too.  Both him and Q should be back.

Edited by Rockice_8

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

What about Nat Shepherd drafted at 72pick, Ardarious Stewart drafted 79 pick, Devin Smith drafted in the second round,why don't people just admit Mac is lousy picking players that don't fall in his lap.

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

What about Nat Shepherd drafted at 72pick, Ardarious Stewart drafted 79 pick, Devin Smith drafted in the second round,why don't people just admit Mac is lousy picking players that don't fall in his lap.

Shepherds starting and plays great don’t think you could criticize Macc on that one, people have been saying Macc can’t draft unless a top player falls to him and so far that’s remains true

8 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Shepherds starting and plays great don’t think you could criticize Macc on that one, people have been saying Macc can’t draft unless a top player falls to him and so far that’s remains true

I don't think that's totally fair. He hasn't found any diamonds in the rough, but he's produced serviceable talent. Guys like Maye, Jenkins, Shell, Lac Edwards are all contributors, and jury is still out on this class and guys like Burris and Derrick Jones. Robby was a UDFA so that was great to get, but otherwise I think we've just been poor at WR and QB. On other positions he's been pretty solid.

34 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

I don't think that's totally fair. He hasn't found any diamonds in the rough, but he's produced serviceable talent. Guys like Maye, Jenkins, Shell, Lac Edwards are all contributors, and jury is still out on this class and guys like Burris and Derrick Jones. Robby was a UDFA so that was great to get, but otherwise I think we've just been poor at WR and QB. On other positions he's been pretty solid.

We cut our 3rd, 4th, and 5th round picks from last years draft and only Williams remains from the 2015 class, there’s plenty of room for criticism on his drafting skills.

42 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

It’s so bad that you’re praising his pick of a punter. That’s how bad he’s been at drafting 

Macc has done somethings well and others not so well. After 4 offseasons, I think the best way to assess him as a GM is to assess the health of the roster. Here’s my take.

The positives:

The team is young and has a good culture.

Our defensive success is sustainable and is only missing 1 piece to be a legitimate top 5 defense. Some fans of other teams already view our defense as top 5. So this is not me being a homer. I think we are properly somewhere around 4-8.

On offense, we have what we believe to be a franchise QB with a solid running back. 

The negatives:

Our OL is below average and that play is not sustainable 

While we are deep at the skill positions, we do not have that “guy” that can change the outcome of the game at will

Maybe too early to criticize but his darts haven’t landed at the TE position

We don’t have an edge player that can bring the heat on a regular basis

Not sure how to grade that but after 4 years, this team is middle of the pack with a potential FQB. 

Edited by SDotNova

10 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Macc has done somethings well and others not so well. After 4 offseasons, I think the best way to assess him as a GM is to assess the health of the roster. Here’s my take.

The positives:

The team is young and has a good culture.

Our defensive success is sustainable and is only missing 1 piece to be a legitimate top 5 defense. Some fans of other teams already view our defense as top 5. So this is not me being a homer. I think we are properly somewhere around 4-8.

On offense, we have what we believe to be a franchise QB with a solid running back. 

The negatives:

Our OL is below average and that play is not sustainable 

While we are deep at the skill positions, we do not have that “guy” that can change the outcome of the game at will

Maybe too early to criticize but his darts haven’t landed at the TE position

We don’t have an edge player that can bring the heat on a regular basis

Not sure how to grade that but after 4 years, this team is middle of the pack with a potential FQB. 

We all are still waiting for that TE that can get us that third down catch in the clutch, for the first down and that has been missing for years. What a tool that would be for Darnold.