2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

On 12/27/2018 at 9:16 AM, Rockice_8 said:

I know I've said it a million times.  If we are going to hang our hat on Mac and say he's earned even more time  because he got us Sam then count me out.  Dude was one pick away from Josh Allen and then what would we have said about Mac then.  Passed on multiple franchise QB's in favor of Hack then traded away a nice haul to land Allen or Rosen who aren't on the same level as Mayfield and Darnold.

If the saving grace for my GM is that the Giants are dumb then I feel pretty comfortable allowing Mac to pack his bags on Monday.

And we’re keeping Macc so I’m already 50% turned off of next season simply because I know he’ll field a crap roster again. 

So my interest is dependent on who the coach is now because we all know Macc will sabotage him with a trash roster. 

Then we will fire Macc next year and the new GM and HC will clash unless the coach picks the GM. 

Basically we are setting ourselves back two more years potentially. 

Saw someone make a comment about interior o-lineman.

Matt Paradis makes a lot of sense, Denver performed well enough without him, and Gary Vee is his agent, who is a known die-hard Jet fan. Wouldnt surprise me one bit if we landed him.

I've had a few unpopular takes of late (looks like my support of Tru has bit me in the ***), but I'll another one to the list... 

If the Jets can't trade down, I'd absolutely draft Quinnen Williams and would keep Leonard Williams

Now I already know whats coming: we need edge rushers. I agree, but I think the Jets can alleviate this by signing multiple in FA. Fowler is almost a given. I would also look to signing Preston Smith (assuming the top-tier guys re-sign or are tagged). With McLendon and Henry Anderson poised to test the market, there could be an opening. QW is a breathtaking talent, and despite how down Jets fans are on Leo - they would absolutely feast on backfields if granted the opportunity to play on the same field together and Dante Fowler could very well break the sack record (joke). 

Discuss

4 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

I've had a few unpopular takes of late (looks like my support of Tru has bit me in the ***), but I'll another one to the list... 

If the Jets can't trade down, I'd absolutely draft Quinnen Williams and would keep Leonard Williams

Now I already know whats coming: we need edge rushers. I agree, but I think the Jets can alleviate this by signing multiple in FA. Fowler is almost a given. I would also look to signing Preston Smith (assuming the top-tier guys re-sign or are tagged). With McLendon and Henry Anderson poised to test the market, there could be an opening. QW is a breathtaking talent, and despite how down Jets fans are on Leo - they would absolutely feast on backfields if granted the opportunity to play on the same field together and Dante Fowler could very well break the sack record (joke). 

Discuss

Don’t want him but I see a lot of similarities to Suh coming out. Can’t clarify enough though that I’d rather go in a different direction.

4 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Discuss

Don’t want him but I see a lot of similarities to Suh coming out. Can’t clarify enough though that I’d rather go in a different direction.

We've loaded up on interior DL for YEARS.  No matter the prospect I don't think I can get behind it.  If we are able to land Fowler and someone else, got a high pick for Leonard and no one else was available then yes I'm in.  But we need talent on offense.  Robbie and Q are great for 2 and 3.  Eli looks solid, plus a later back.  Gotta sure up the line and get a WR.

21 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

We've loaded up on interior DL for YEARS.  No matter the prospect I don't think I can get behind it.  If we are able to land Fowler and someone else, got a high pick for Leonard and no one else was available then yes I'm in.  But we need talent on offense.  Robbie and Q are great for 2 and 3.  Eli looks solid, plus a later back.  Gotta sure up the line and get a WR.

Ideal scenario: trade down and draft Metcalf. He’s a risk, but one the jets can afford to make if drafting later. 

2 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Ideal scenario: trade down and draft Metcalf. He’s a risk, but one the jets can afford to make if drafting later. 

I know it sounds stupid to think about two drafts before first draft is underway but very much I love to see Jets to select CB Bryon Murphy in this year's 1st and WR Jerry Jeudy in next year's 1st. 

Anyway, outside top 10 is a good gamble for Jets to take him. 5th year option is much cheaper to pick up if he struggles to start off well in NFL. 

3 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Discuss

New HC may change the philosophy in defense. New Williams can play NT as shoulder to shoulder (one gap) when he is called for that.  We already have a solid tackler in Avery Williamson in front of OC area.  

If Jets hired either Dan or Matt Campbell or Jim Harbugh as HC then Ke'Shaw Vaughn shall be a must had in 2nd.  Dunno if he opts for pro but he will be 22 years old in May. Keep eyes on him.

As for the rest of potential HCs, it is really hard to figure out which RB should be drafted by Jets.

I watched few series between Miami and Wisconsin.  Oh boy!  Badgers' OL moved a lot.  Tyree St. Louis of Miami always went into the crowd?  That is disappointing.  Hopefully, he will make some noises in the Shrine Game week for 3rd-6th consideration.  As for Badgers' OL, they have flaws but once they focus on only football their flaws should be lessened so whoever is available for 3rd or 4th should be taken by Jets disregarding of what position.

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I’m just not sold on Wide Receivers this early. 

Whos the best receiver on any of the last 10 super bowl winning teams .

QB

O-Line

Pass Rush

those are the 3 most important aspects. 

We have 1/3

They all have HOF QBs. So Until we get one of those I don’t think that’s a good point.

And to play on that... Jeffrey, Ertz and Agholor are pretty darn good.

Archived