2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

IF... and that's a BIG IF... we land some offensive talent in FA the worst situation for us would really be Bosa and Allen going 1 and 2 and no one wanting to trade up with us. Making us probably having to draft a DLineman like Williams or Oliver. Which IMO should get Macc fired on the spot.

Before taking an edge rusher I’d want to see their twitch or power numbers from the combine. Gholston had 14 sacks in college but tested as a high risk using the Waldo formula for pass rushers and sure enough he was a bust. If Allen test at anything but a low risk i’d pass at 3 (if he is low risk i’d take him in a heartbeat.) Having high intangibles, like heart, desire,etc. is fine but to beat pro OTs the ability to do so is more important. The Jets unfortunately don’t use analytics which is why we take players like Mauldin and Donahue and expect them to be pass rushers. Same with Jenkins although he seems more balanced in run defense

59 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

IF... and that's a BIG IF... we land some offensive talent in FA the worst situation for us would really be Bosa and Allen going 1 and 2 and no one wanting to trade up with us. Making us probably having to draft a DLineman like Williams or Oliver. Which IMO should get Macc fired on the spot.

Jawaan Taylor would be the pick for me if that happened.  Dude looks like the best tackle in this class.

3 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Jawaan Taylor would be the pick for me if that happened.  Dude looks like the best tackle in this class.

Easily. He's a dancing bear, franchise LT for sure. I wouldn't mind the Jets drafting him to protect Darnold for the next 10 years.

FA wish list

Must haves
1. Bell
2. Flowers (I suspect Ford, Clowney, and Lawrence won't be going anywhere)
3. Paradis

Additional wants
1. Dennard (slight upgrade to Mo)
2. Spain 

We lock these 5 up prior to draft and I'd be pumped.

10 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

FA wish list

Must haves
1. Bell
2. Flowers (I suspect Ford, Clowney, and Lawrence won't be going anywhere)
3. Paradis

Additional wants
1. Dennard (slight upgrade to Mo)
2. Spain 

We lock these 5 up prior to draft and I'd be pumped.

Do you think the Pat's let flowers walk? 

I think we're going to go after Anthony Barr if some of the higher names are not on the list. I know people aren't going to be excited about that because he doesn't have a lot of sacks, but he wasn't asked to blitz a lot.Just like he played in college , he should still be playing 3-4 OLB. 4-3 LB isn't for 6'5 255lbs. 

13 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I think we're going to go after Anthony Barr if some of the higher names are not on the list. I know people aren't going to be excited about that because he doesn't have a lot of sacks, but he wasn't asked to blitz a lot.Just like he played in college , he should still be playing 3-4 OLB. 4-3 LB isn't for 6'5 255lbs. 

He should be well under 255.  He is still solid for big 4-3 scheme like Patriots or Seahawks.  If Jets hired HC that runs the similar one then he would be more attractive to Jets.

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

He should be well under 250.  He is still solid for big 4-3 scheme like Patriots or Seahawks.  If Jets hired HC that runs the similar one then he would be more attractive to Jets.

No one mentions him being lower. 

He's still solid in the 43 but would be a lot better as a 34 OLB. 

25 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Let him dream.

I don't think so either.

This edge market is interesting bc I cant see all the edges signing long term or getting tagged. Clowney, Lawrence, Ford, Calrk, Smith,  Ansah, Flowers and Flowewrs are all on my wish list. Surely at least a couple hit the market.

Archived