2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

25 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Just thinking about it but If we Land Mike McCarthy I’d expect our pick to be either Quinenn Williams or Jonah Williams. McCarthy knows that the most important thing outside of QB is controlling the LOS.

AJ Hawk was picked in top 5 in MM's debut HC season. DB and trench are common targets for MM in 1st.

3 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

AJ Hawk was picked in top 5 in MM's debut HC season. DB and trench are common targets for MM in 1st.

I know but we’re set at LB with Williamson/Lee and while I love Greedy Williams I don’t view him as top 3 in terms of talent. If we traded down I could see us being interested in him but not at 3.

3 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Good point, but he could very well miss at the #3 spot. At least trading back will give him more chances to hit on someone. Do I trust him to make the right decisions? Not really, but we don't have a choice. We ran Idzik out for this guy. We look pretty bad for it right now. Macc should have fired his scouts. 

What first round pick did he miss on?    Williams? Lee? Adams? Darnold?  Closest you can say is Lee but he preformed well this year prior to suspension and is still only 24,

I have more confidence he will hit that 3rd pick then if we traded back to gain a 2nd or more ....lol

2 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

What first round pick did he miss on?    Williams? Lee? Adams? Darnold?  Closest you can say is Lee but he preformed well this year prior to suspension and is still only 24,

I have more confidence he will hit that 3rd pick then if we traded back to gain a 2nd or more ....lol

I'm cool with trading back, but I don't want to drop really beyond the top 10.  I'd be down to move down a few spots and draft either a lineman or a WR though.

Just now, barnaby8787 said:

I'm cool with trading back, but I don't want to drop really beyond the top 10.  I'd be down to move down a few spots and draft either a lineman or a WR though.

If Allen is gone .. I am with you.  I am 100% all in on Allen though ...

Just now, JetsFan15 said:

If Allen is gone .. I am with you.  I am 100% all in on Allen though ...

Same.  I've been on Allen for a long time now (see page one or two :D).  With that said, if Bosa and Allen go 1/2, I'd consider Q, etc., but i'd also love to trade down.

One potential trade target btw could be the Bucs if Quinnen is there at 3.  If he made it to 4, Raiders would likely snag him.  Bucs have virtually no cap space and can clear 13 mil by cutting McCoy who is about to be 31.  McCoy is still very good, but nowhere near elite anymore.  This is obviously contingent on them being comfortable going DT two years in a row, but given how poor there rush defense is, they might be.

Just now, JetsFan15 said:

What first round pick did he miss on?    Williams? Lee? Adams? Darnold?  Closest you can say is Lee bu the preformed well this year prior to suspension and is still only 24,

I said he could miss on that pick, just like any other GM, but for someone who has missed his amount in total drafts, trading back increases his chances of hitting. We only have Darnold because Cousins said no. If Cousins said yes, there would be protestors outside of the FO.  I don't want to trade back if Allen or the top LT is there, but if he misses on this first pick, we can kiss this draft goodbye. 

If we can trade players and gain picks, I'm up for it. We need more picks to protect from the potential misses. Not every pick need to be a home run, but he can't keep drafting people who will be out of the league the year after. Macc has a great method when it comes to draft/FA ratio, he's just not hitting on his picks.

1 minute ago, rickyt31 said:

I said he could miss on that pick, just like any other GM, but for someone who has missed his amount in total drafts, trading back increases his chances of hitting. We only have Darnold because Cousins said no. If Cousins said yes, there would be protestors outside of the FO.  I don't want to trade back if Allen or the top LT is there, but if he misses on this first pick, we can kiss this draft goodbye. 

If we can trade players and gain picks, I'm up for it. We need more picks to protect from the potential misses. Not every pick need to be a home run, but he can't keep drafting people who will be out of the league the year after. Macc has a great method when it comes to draft/FA ratio, he's just not hitting on his picks.

Don't like playing we only have X because of Y game ... He made the trade up to 3 and we got Darnold, period.

You said : Good point, but he could very well miss at the #3 spot. At least trading back will give him more chances to hit on someone. Do I trust him to make the right decisions? Not really, but we don't have a choice. We ran Idzik out for this guy. We look pretty bad for it right now. Macc should have fired his scouts. 

I am simply pointing out that IMO Macc has not missed a 1st round pick yet.

33 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

One potential trade target btw could be the Bucs if Quinnen is there at 3.  If he made it to 4, Raiders would likely snag him.  Bucs have virtually no cap space and can clear 13 mil by cutting McCoy who is about to be 31.  McCoy is still very good, but nowhere near elite anymore.  This is obviously contingent on them being comfortable going DT two years in a row, but given how poor there rush defense is, they might be.

They just drafted Vita Vea last year. Probably what they were preparing for. Should be a plethora of trade candidates if we wanna trade down but I think Q-Will goes #1 overall.

33 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

They just drafted Vita Vea last year. Probably what they were preparing for. Should be a plethora of trade candidates if we wanna trade down but I think Q-Will goes #1 overall.

100% (which is what I notated).  With that said, they run a 4-3 and their other DT's are terrible.

15 minutes ago, xenajets said:

What’s the thoughts of going Clelin Ferrell at #3 if Allen and Bosa are fine and the trades down for look appealing? 

I have to see how these guys shape their body types and speed and agility. On the surface I say No to guys like Ferrell and Gary bc they are big DEs. Now if we switch to a 4-3 base I’d be more inclined to like them. But we have to see our staff 1st. Why I say I have to wait and see is bc it appears Gary has already tried losing weight to make him faster. Ferrell might do the same. I’ll see them work out and then judge if I feel they’re worth the 3rd spot.

Archived