2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

14 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Nelson IMO was a top 3 guard prospect of all time. 

Yeah can't put him quite that high. His feet aren't a problem either, but I guess I can see where you're coming from with his size suiting him at guard better, just think he can definitely play tackle at a high level too in spite of his short arms. We'll find out how Mac feels soon enough.

1 hour ago, SDotNova said:

Do you guys think he will be as good as Quenton Nelson?

Not even close. Hes going to be a solid pro, but not at LT. He may be able to get by at LT, but if you draft him early and think youve got your LT, you will be very disappointed.

9 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

I hope we aren't drafting high enough in a couple years to draft Ross, but man I'd like him on the jets. 

He stands out. Kid looks like the real deal. That one handed catch down the sideline was legit. Tee Higgins looks pretty good too. 

Not a bad strategy for us in FA would be to attack all positions we need EXCEPT Edge. Use the resources we have (100mill) in bringing in offensive talent and maybe a CB. If we are forced to draft at 3 (we cant trade back)... I'd imagine edge is the pick pretty much 100%. Bosa, Allen are obviously who we'd want but they could be gone. But Ferrell or Gary are options there. Now is drafting one of them really worth it if we add a good edge in FA and neglect offense in FA? For me... NO!!!

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Not a bad strategy for us in FA would be to attack all positions we need EXCEPT Edge. Use the resources we have (100mill) in bringing in offensive talent and maybe a CB. If we are forced to draft at 3 (we cant trade back)... I'd imagine edge is the pick pretty much 100%. Bosa, Allen are obviously who we'd want but they could be gone. But Ferrell or Gary are options there. Now is drafting one of them really worth it if we add a good edge in FA and neglect offense in FA? For me... NO!!!

Paradis and Saffold in free agency would be the top of my wish list. Hunt or Bell would be the cherry on top so to speak. In that case, even if we sign a second tier edge, I would love to get Allen or trading back a little and picking up Brian Burns. 

12 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Williams doesn’t have the feet to play LT at the next level IMO. I know Ferrell is ridiculous but I just don’t see him succeeding at LT. Def a good LG prospect. 

So then you must not think much of Ferrell as a prospect then either, cuz he got completely negated last night besides like a play or two.

11 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Not even close. Hes going to be a solid pro, but not at LT. He may be able to get by at LT, but if you draft him early and think youve got your LT, you will be very disappointed.

I guess everyone here thinks that a couple inches on his arms are going to completely wipe out the fact that he's as fundamentally sound as it gets at LT and has succeeded at a high level against some of the best pass rushers in the country, one of which you are all hoping we draft. I agree I think he could do better at guard, but it's an easier position to play so you can say that about mostly any lineman, but he will still be a cornerstone LT.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

That's not a smart move IMO, this FA class has several pass rushers that would help this team a lot, and let's say Bosa-Allen go 1-2, then what? Reach for Ferrell, who just got shut out by a guy that you don't even think can play LT in the NFL?