2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

3 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

He absolutely is a LT and very much a top 10 pick. He's as consistent as they come, gets the job done play in and play out and is always fundamentally sound. He's been great since high school, simply put he's a LT. Only negative on him is his arms look short but he wouldn't be the first or last to get it done on the blindside with short arms. Good mechanics and strength compensate for that. He's great in the run game too, he moves very well and can get to the second level. Very high floor player.

And I don’t see the athleticism you look for in an elite LT prospect, personally with his power I think he’d be much better suited at OG and I’m not willing to spend the 3rd on a maybe LT when you’re gonna have 1 of Josh Allen or Quinen Williams there.

1 minute ago, Dr.O said:

And I don’t see the athleticism you look for in an elite LT prospect, personally with his power I think he’d be much better suited at OG and I’m not willing to spend the 3rd on a maybe LT when you’re gonna have 1 of Josh Allen or Quinen Williams there.

In what way does he lack athleticism? He plays in space well, he can pull and get to the second level cleanly. He mirrors the best pass rushers step for step and doesn't allow sacks in the fastest conference in CFB. I don't think he's a maybe LT, I think he's a sure bet LT but we could always play him at LG while we still have Beachum. I think he's ultimately a good LT in this league reminds me a good bit of Joe Thomas, but it'll depend on how our offseason looks. If we somehow can't address the pass rush via FA then we can't justify passing on Josh Allen.

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

There are a several big WRs who are accepted to Shrine Game.   I think Xavier Ubosi and Jamal Custis are the fastest of all.

Yeah, the 40 times are going to be interesting. I thought about making a game out of guessing their times. 

I think this draft class is very weak this year. I think Josh Allen is the best one by far followed by Bosa and then after that there is a bunch of average to below average guys. I'm very happy we traded our 2nd round pick this year for Sam because the value is not there. If both Allen and Bosa are gone I hope we trade down for more picks next year in hopes of a better draft class. 

22 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think this draft class is very weak this year. I think Josh Allen is the best one by far followed by Bosa and then after that there is a bunch of average to below average guys. I'm very happy we traded our 2nd round pick this year for Sam because the value is not there. If both Allen and Bosa are gone I hope we trade down for more picks next year in hopes of a better draft class. 

I disagree the Edge, DL, OL and WR class are strong this year. Edge is overal strong with top talent and 2nd round talent, DL is probably the strongest class in years from top to bottom, WR top guys all have issue but it’s 3-4 rounds deep with guys who can be impact guys, and OL is deep along the OT and OG spots

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I see your point... but if the draft class is weak it would make more sense to have a ton of those mid round picks bc the difference between the 40th pick and 20th isn't much.

On 1/6/2019 at 10:46 AM, jetjuice said:

He absolutely is a LT and very much a top 10 pick. He's as consistent as they come, gets the job done play in and play out and is always fundamentally sound. He's been great since high school, simply put he's a LT. Only negative on him is his arms look short but he wouldn't be the first or last to get it done on the blindside with short arms. Good mechanics and strength compensate for that. He's great in the run game too, he moves very well and can get to the second level. Very high floor player.

Jonah is not an LT at the next level bud.  Beyond his lack of length, he lacks athleticism.  I'd still be cool taking him top 10 though.

26 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Jonah is not an LT at the next level bud.  Beyond his lack of length, he lacks athleticism.  I'd still be cool taking him top 10 though.

What Jonah Williams are you watching? Because it's pretty obvious that he's not lacking athleticism. He doesn't give up the edge, pulls well, and gets to the second level. Still haven't seen anyone give a sound argument as to what he lacks exactly... he's stonewalled some of the best pass rushers in the country including Josh Allen who everyone is in love with here. Will you change your stance if he shuts down Clelin Ferrell a second time tonight?

Edited by jetjuice

10 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

What Jonah Williams are you watching? Because it's pretty obvious that he's not lacking athleticism. He doesn't give up the edge, pulls well, and gets to the second level. Still haven't seen anyone give a sound argument as to what he lacks exactly... he's stonewalled some of the best pass rushers in the country including Josh Allen who everyone is in love with here. Will you change your stance if he shuts down Clelin Ferrell a second time tonight?

You can't say an Alabama offensive lineman stonewalled some of the best pass rushers in the country.  DJ Fluker used to do it too.  Bama is predicated on run plays and very quick passes.  There's a reason why their QB's are consistently the least sacked in the entire country, yet a ton of there lineman don't get drafted.  Tua's been sacked 12 times this year, which is nothing.  For comparison, Haskins has been sacked 20 times,  Herbert 21, etc.  He'll do fine against bullrushers, but given his lack of length, he'll get eaten alive at the next level by elite athletes, that he doesn't often face at the college level.  He's a good athlete, but not good enough to be elite at the next level.  I think he comps well to a guy like Brandon Scherff.

Haskins declaring is the best possible scenario for us. A few things to consider: 

• A QB has been drafted top 3 in 17-of-18 drafts
  • OAK (4), NYG (6), JAX (7), DEN (10), CIN (11), MIA (13), and WAS (15) could be in the market to draft a QB

Either the Jets trade down, or we come away with one of the top 2 prospects in the draft. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Haskins declaring is the best possible scenario for us. A few things to consider: 

• A QB has been drafted top 3 in 17-of-18 drafts
  • OAK (4), NYG (6), JAX (7), DEN (10), CIN (11), MIA (13), and WAS (15) could be in the market to draft a QB

Either the Jets trade down, or we come away with one of the top 2 prospects in the draft. 

Good.  Now, Haskins and Daniel Jones have to make best showcase they can.

Those prospects are going pro.

Micahel Jordan, C out of OSU.

James Williams, RB out of WSU.

Byron Murphy, CB out of Washington.

Elijah Holyfield, RB out of Georgia.

Cody Ford, G out of Oklahoma.

Zach Gentry, TE out of Michigan.

Connor McGovern, IOL out of PSU.

Shareef Miller, Edge out of PSU.

All look good as Jets' options.

Edited by JetsandI