Preseason week 2 GDT: 49ers vs Texans

Forge

#Pray4Watson

As for @Forge, not sure if I will ever forgive him for making me research freaking punt returning!!! I'm damn sure not going to get into an argument about the 3rd QB now lol.

I wonder if Garnett gets the start against Indy or do they roll with Person again? 

And Jeff Wilson probably gets no carries next week with Morris likely getting some time. Wilson looked good in his limited time. Would love to see him get more time but just isn't going to happen.

58 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So Maiocco predicts Marcel Harris to make the team and Chancellor James to get cut. He also predicts Burbridge to make it over Richie James. That would be disappointing. 

Which seems strange because certainly Reed could take over for Burbridge on ST's. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So Maiocco predicts Marcel Harris to make the team and Chancellor James to get cut. He also predicts Burbridge to make it over Richie James. That would be disappointing. 

Has Harris played? I haven't noticed him at all. James had a bit of a rough game against the Texans. Still think it would have been Williams has he not gotten hurt

7 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Well it wouldn't be the first time he was dead wrong on the 53...

I see us stashing Harris. He's hurt again, after missing all last year with a torn Achilles. I don't see him making it if he can't stay on the field. And he started TC being held out of the team portion of pratices for the first week and a half.

And I already had both Burbridge and James making it but I believe while Foster is suspended, he doesn't count towards the 53 correct? If so, I definitely believe both will make it maybe one guy being cut when Foster returns. 

Foster wouldn't be counted towards the 53 man roster, correct. However, I see more likely we keep someone like Lee in the mean time until he returns. So Smith/Warner/Coyle/Lee.

Harris to me has IR written all over it. That's why I was surprised Maiocco would have him making the team. Barely gets any reps in practice and you can sell the the Achilles injury and him not fully recovered as the reason to put him on IR. I still think that is where he ultimately ends up at.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Harris to me has IR written all over it. That's why I was surprised Maiocco would have him making the team. Barely gets any reps in practice and you can sell the the Achilles injury and him not fully recovered as the reason to put him on IR. I still think that is where he ultimately ends up at

Thats what I thought the moment we drafted him. I didn't see any way in which he could reasonably make the squad coming off the Achilles; just too far for him to go. But I'm surprised he's actually being mentioned as having a spot on the 53. If I had to put my money on it though, I agree with you that he ends up on IR. I suppose he could end up on the PS (he hasn't done anything in the preseeason, I'm not sure why another squad would put in a claim on him unless it's a team that absolutely just loved him during the draft process), but I don't see any reason he needs to / should be on the 53 at this point. 

So apparently Shanahan wants to bring Reid back in a back up role. Reid may not be interested as he probably thinks there is a starting role out there for him. But man I'd LOVE for him to sign here. Such a good dude and will be needed at some point. 

But the fact we are talking about him in a backup role makes me sad. 

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So apparently Shanahan wants to bring Reid back in a back up role. Reid may not be interested as he probably thinks there is a starting role out there for him. But man I'd LOVE for him to sign here. Such a good dude and will be needed at some point. 

I'd absolutely love if they were able to do this from a niner standpoint. A starting caliber safety as a back up and can slide into that money backer role? Yes please. 

Honestly, I think it would be best case scenario for Reid as well. Of course not monetarily, but if you think about it, he then has the option to go one of two ways. He can continue his kneeling / protesting if he wants - there has been no kinder owner with regards to than Jed York. So if he values the protests over his playing career (and it's a shame that he has to make that decision, but I it does appear that is the case), then he gets another year to do it, and as I said, there's been no more sympathetic owner to these protests than York.  Or he can cease his protests for the year, which may alleviate the concerns of other teams regarding the protests next year when he hits free agency again and opens up his market. 

52 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It is sad, I thought Reid would be a pro bowl safety for a long time. But Tartt beat him out fair and square. Having someone like Reid as a backup that can also play linebacker is a pipedream come true. 

Archived