Preseason week 2 GDT: 49ers vs Texans

Forge

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I don't know that he's had a ton to work with. I thought he looked a little sluggish on the first pitch on this drive, but I didn't see anything wrong with him the other two carries, just not a lot of space to maneuver, especially on pitch outs. I really can't get a super great feel on how he is right now. I'm not impressed, but I don't think it's on him either. 

That last run play he just runs straight out of bounds when the closest defender was like a yard away. I understand being scared to get injured in preseason but he needs to put that effort in and at least make an attempt to get that first down he just goes out without being aware where the first down line is.

Just now, Gore Whore 21 said:

You have to catch that. It was high, but you’re a professional receiver; that needs to be caught.

That is one Taylor or James or Garcon likely catch, but not Pettis. He's not a tough catch maker. You need a different type of mentality to make those types of catches. But still not a great throw by Jimmy G. 

Just now, Gore Whore 21 said:

You have to catch that. It was high, but you’re a professional receiver; that needs to be caught.

Meh, I'm not going to put that on Pettis too much. Difficult catch to be sure, and not his strong suit at this point, but it's really dangerous to throw that pass high. If you're going to miss, I think you have to miss low. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And of course we turn it over the next play. 

Jimmy G a bit high there. And it is clear that Pettis at this point isn't going to be coming down with these tough catches. At least not now. 

More Anquan Boldin on that play was needed.

Archived