Frederick out indefinitely

WizardHawk

8 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Sad to hear. I hope he recovers quickly.

I ask this for fantasy purposes, but how much do you guys expect Frederick's absence and injuries to the other parts of the o-line to hinder Zeke?

Our backup center is pretty good, so as long as Frederick is the only one to miss time, I expect Zeke will still be able to dominate.  If another OL goes down, Zeke's stats might take a pretty big hit.

9 minutes ago, Runaway Jim said:

Our backup center is pretty good, so as long as Frederick is the only one to miss time, I expect Zeke will still be able to dominate.  If another OL goes down, Zeke's stats might take a pretty big hit.

Gotcha. How are Martin and Smith coming along with their injuries? Will playing week 1 be in question?

18 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Gotcha. How are Martin and Smith coming along with their injuries? Will playing week 1 be in question?

Martin is questionable for the beginning of the season and Smith will probably be questionable for the end of the season.  He has trouble getting through 16 games healthy.

I still think Zeke dominates this year.

On 8/27/2018 at 3:23 PM, Runaway Jim said:

Worth noting that Kadeem Edwards started and played 53 snaps against Arizona with 30 in pass pro, and didn't give up a single pressure. Our run game was obviously off though.

I think where we will really fall apart is if Tyron or La'el go down. I'm not as confident in Flemming as I am Looney or Kadeem Edwards at this point. And I still want Chaz Green cut.

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Worth noting that Kadeem Edwards started and played 53 snaps against Arizona with 30 in pass pro, and didn't give up a single pressure. Our run game was obviously off though.

I think where we will really fall apart is if Tyron or La'el go down. I'm not as confident in Flemming as I am Looney or Kadeem Edwards at this point. And I still want Chaz Green cut.

Speaking of Tyron, I'm getting a little nervous there. He's missed a bunch of practice and did so again today. I'm sure it's precautionary with his back, but I was under the impression that he was "feeling better" than he had in years. 

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Fredrick worked out today. That seems like its way too soon. I wasnt expecting that.

The point one local radio show keeps making is that he's had the symptoms for a couple of weeks now, and everything we've been told is that right around the two week mark is when symptoms are at their highest level. Well now he's being treated for it, and he hasn't lost any noticeable weight, and overall seems healthy and in good spirits. I dunno, I'm no doctor, but they may have a point.

1 hour ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

The point one local radio show keeps making is that he's had the symptoms for a couple of weeks now, and everything we've been told is that right around the two week mark is when symptoms are at their highest level. Well now he's being treated for it, and he hasn't lost any noticeable weight, and overall seems healthy and in good spirits. I dunno, I'm no doctor, but they may have a point.

I'd laugh (in a good way) if Frederick is suited up and playing for us by week two. 

Well it is looking much better now than I’d did the weekend for sure.  Martin did practice and will start game 1.   Smith it seems is bothered by a sore back which is not good.   We really need to improve our OT situation as after our starters we are still in a bad way.  I still am hesitant to expect Red beard back but that would sure help solidify their line so we can withstand a injury going forward.   I also would like to see Smith get a few series off to help extend his season but I really don’t know how that would work

17 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Speaking of Tyron, I'm getting a little nervous there. He's missed a bunch of practice and did so again today. I'm sure it's precautionary with his back, but I was under the impression that he was "feeling better" than he had in years. 

It's a minor hamstring injury from what I've read. So while he has missed some time last season, and is out right now, it's still been over a year since his back was listed as the reason.

I think it's precautionary as well, but probably more for his hammy than his back. He is a lot like Zeke, in that, there is little reason to risk playing him in the preseason. Especially after what happened last year without him.

I do not believe he would have actually missed a regular season game. 

23 hours ago, DaBoys said:

It's a minor hamstring injury from what I've read. So while he has missed some time last season, and is out right now, it's still been over a year since his back was listed as the reason.

I think it's precautionary as well, but probably more for his hammy than his back. He is a lot like Zeke, in that, there is little reason to risk playing him in the preseason. Especially after what happened last year without him.

I do not believe he would have actually missed a regular season game. 

precaution or not, it may be the beginning of the end as to having a great LT that can be relied upon like in previous years. 

2 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

precaution or not, it may be the beginning of the end as to having a great LT that can be relied upon like in previous years. 

Possibly. Be has missed 3 games in each of the passed two seasons. That's not good.

But I would caution against writing off the 27 year old that, despite being held out of some preseason work, has had one of his best off seasons yet.

"The general assumption for most of the preseason so far has been that the Cowboys would be getting back the player that they always had in Smith at full strength. That outcome would more than satsify anyone with a rooting interest in the team. But Travis Frederick took things a step further. He spoke to Ben Rogers of The Ben & Skin Show, and said of Smith "He's playing better than he has the last couple of years. He's taken another step. We didn't even know that step was available."

Archived