PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

Ok guy's read your posts.

I agree it's a gray area that we need to clean-up in our rules, but it's hard to have rules that cover everything under the moon. Somethings you just know is right & wrong.

The fact is, we said trading would start at Noon today. We didn't say we can start posting your trades at noon today. One could look at that as splitting hairs or feel it's ok to agree to a trade prior to the start of the trading period, but in my eyes that's cheating another GM that's waiting to start trading on time & never had a chance for a player or draft pk(s).

This League is Great because we have rules that are fair to all & do things right & respect each other.

I know were all excited to start trading but making a trade(s) before the start of trading is disrespectful to the other GM's. 

I will make some adjustments to the rules regarding this before the start of next year.

We can consider this as a lesson learned & move on, but would like to see the (potential/pending) trade between @SimsZilla& @Lionizedpushed back 24 hours to give other GM's a chance to make other offers.   (At this point this feels fair to me for the other GM's).

• Like 1

On 5/13/2021 at 7:33 AM, WE-R-Lions said:

As we inch closer to the start of the season 1.8 will be available.

Looking to move up or down.

In the recent past drafts, players drafted at 1.8 are:

2020 - WR J Jefferson

2019 - WR AJ Brown

2018 - RB N Chubb

2017 - RB K Hunt

The draft track record for 1.8 seams to indicate, good players land on better teams at 1.8

Just a Bump!

23 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

I agree it's a gray area that we need to clean-up in our rules, but it's hard to have rules that cover everything under the moon. Somethings you just know is right & wrong.

The fact is, we said trading would start at Noon today. We didn't say we can start posting your trades at noon today. One could look at that as splitting hairs or feel it's ok to agree to a trade prior to the start of the trading period, but in my eyes that's cheating another GM that's waiting to start trading on time & never had a chance for a player or draft pk(s).

This League is Great because we have rules that are fair to all & do things right & respect each other.

I know were all excited to start trading but making a trade(s) before the start of trading is disrespectful to the other GM's. 

I will make some adjustments to the rules regarding this before the start of next year.

We can consider this as a lesson learned & move on, but would like to see the (potential/pending) trade between @SimsZilla& @Lionizedpushed back 24 hours to give other GM's a chance to make other offers.   (At this point this feels fair to me for the other GM's).

If that’s the ruling, sure thing. I’m fine waiting until tomorrow. 

I’ve had 1.1 on the block since last month and this is the only offer I got so no skin off my back.

I’m also curious since we were in trade talks. If we would have landed on something you liked if you would of felt the same way? Would you push yourself back a day? Just some food for thought. 

Edited by Lionized

5 hours ago, WE-R-Lions said:

Do we know what the terms of the deal are?