PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

8 minutes ago, Irish Ninja said:

Sorry for the delay in my pick, on vacation and just finished 18 holes. I’m good with putting time slots and an early draft time to a vote later on. 

My take on time slots is that they are great when they are needed.  We have 6 weeks to finish the draft, and typically finish by the second week of August and then its crickets around here for 3 weeks before the season starts.  I don't think we need to rush this and nobody should have hard feelings if someone is taking too long.  Just let it go and check back in occasionally.  If you know youre going to be gone for more than a day or 2, send a big board.  But other than that lets just relax and draft. 

In the future, if we move the draft forward or back to complete before training camp or to try and complete close to the end of the season, then sure, start with time slots.  If not, just relax and enjoy it. 

Just something to chew on:

We’ve made roughly 32 picks in 4 days of drafting. That’s 8 picks a day. If we set up 2 hour time slots every day with an 8 hour break overnight, we would be making 8 picks a day. I can’t imagine anyone wants less than 2 hours a day?  Just something to think about, seems like a lot of hassle to set up for no benefit. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

I will say I will be traveling and on flights tomorrow so if my pick does not get to me by tonight I will likely be OTC for a bit.

I will try to check in on layover 

@detfan782004 I can make the pick for you, if you like. We’ve talked about it a lot already. Just shoot me a DM and let me know if necessary. I’d be happy to do that for you. 

11 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

On another note:

We have one opening in the Dirty Doz league if anyone is interested?

Joining one new league is boring. Whoever joins should also take the opening in the Superflex league as well! 

• Like 1

I think we will survive without time slots. Maybe each night tag the next eight-ish people that are up? Or if someone is really ambitious, send them a PM so they know to check in or make arrangements?

I wish we had a better, quicker way to communicate. I think people come here less and less these days and just tagging someone doesn’t usually give a notification unless they check the site anyway. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, X_Factor_40 said:

@detfan782004 I can make the pick for you, if you like. We’ve talked about it a lot already. Just shoot me a DM and let me know if necessary. I’d be happy to do that for you. 

@Karnage84 please pm @X_Factor_40 when I'm OTC.

X if the guy I mentioned is there please make my pick to keep this rolling.  If not I'll check in as soon as I can tomorrow