PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

I actually don't mind improving defense scoring so that it makes it part of the strategy more.  Its wild that we use them but want them to be obsolete.  You can alter the scoring to make it so the top 2 or 3 defenses score enough more than the next 5 and they score enough more than the next 10 to make it worthwhile to draft earlier or keep one.  Just because some leagues take them out doesn't mean everyone has to make them meaningless.  Some leagues have punter stats that are big and it increases their value.  

If you figure the scoring so the top defenses score close to what the top WR/RB score and the 16th ranked defense scores about what the 30th-40th WR score, then it would make it more a part of the strategy.  If you don't want them that high than have the top defenses score about what the 10th best WR/RB scored.  But make them have value if we are going to have them as part of the league.  

• Like 1

Can everyone check their rosters & draft picks. (picks are located below your roster) scroll down to find them.

I know the draft is showing 21 draft slots Still looking for the setting to fix that.

Also, Please select your 12 Keepers....that could help? Thinking that mite be driving the 21 draft slots?

Still working out some of the setting.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, WE-R-Lions said:

Can everyone check their rosters & draft picks. (picks are located below your roster) scroll down to find them.

I know the draft is showing 21 draft slots Still looking for the setting to fix that.

Also, Please select your 12 Keepers....that could help? Thinking that mite be driving the 21 draft slots?

Thanks!

ESPN's fantasy football site is down for upgrades so will confirm then but looks good so far.  Although I am pretty sure I had Pahomes and JJJ.  j/k

Also I wonder if they do keepers as the first 12 rounds of the draft.  If so that may screw things up with the trades.  

Thanks!

I should have detfan 1st from the Jacobs trade. 

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

ESPN's fantasy football site is down for upgrades so will confirm then but looks good so far.  Although I am pretty sure I had Pahomes and JJJ.  j/k

Also I wonder if they do keepers as the first 12 rounds of the draft.  If so that may screw things up with the trades.  

I don't think so, but cant count it out. I'm sure there's a setting as at one point we did show a 6 rd draft. I think it got reset as I had to select pre-draft mode to set the draft & trades.

So Sleeper provides a Keeper setting & a Dynasty setting.

In the Keeper setting, it allows us to set keepers & saves them ..but sets the draft Rd's at the number of player slots on our rosters currently set at 21 (Will be reduced to 18 after keepers)

In thr Dynasty setting, it doesn't allow us to set keepers but does allow us to set the draft Rd's to 6

That said We will use the Dynasty setting & will need to drop our non keepers before the draft.

I Don't want to go through an 18 Rd draft at 24 hour per pk.

So Sleeper provides a Keeper setting & a Dynasty setting.

In the Keeper setting, it allows us to set keepers & saves them ..but sets the draft Rd's at the number of player slots on our rosters currently set at 21 (Will be reduced to 18 after keepers)

In thr Dynasty setting, it doesn't allow us to set keepers but does allow us to set the draft Rd's to 6

That said We will use the Dynasty setting & will need to drop our non keepers before the draft.

I Don't want to go through an 18 Rd draft at 24 hour per pk.

It won't be an 18 round draft, it will just auto pick the first 12 rounds with our keepers.  Which means the traded picks for first rounders would be 13th rounders instead. 

But I am good with the dynasty setting and just having to drop guys.  Seems easy enough to do.  

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

It won't be an 18 round draft, it will just auto pick the first 12 rounds with our keepers.  Which means the traded picks for first rounders would be 13th rounders instead. 

But I am good with the dynasty setting and just having to drop guys.  Seems easy enough to do.  

Thanks for your in-site....learning as we go! :) knowing this I think  I like the Keeper way a tad better...Just what were accustomed to doing.

39 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

Thanks for your in-site....learning as we go! :) knowing this I think  I like the Keeper way a tad better...Just what were accustomed to doing.

You will have to undo all of the pick trades and update them for later trades I think.  And in the future we will have to make sure we are trading picks 13 to 18. 

I have written down that I should have…

Im on mobile so I can’t find the trade but it was from trading Hollywood Brown. 

Edited by Lions017