PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

6 hours ago, WE-R-Lions said:

It's like the NFL, another team can't talk to another player under contract with another team until the league opens.

Where is that in rules? I'm really curious. 

I was in this league when it started, left for a bit but that was never a thing 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Where is that in rules? I'm really curious. 

I was in this league when it started, left for a bit but that was never a thing 

I’m curious as well. I understand not processing trades until the settings are finalized and everything is set up due to this being a unique circumstance with the platform switch, but I don’t quite understand not allowing everyone to communicate with each other in the meantime during the off-season, especially since everyone already joined Sleeper and that was our original barrier. 

The forum struggles to promote activity in general these days, and cutting off the ability to communicate about general player/trade interest seems unusual and drives down the activity/interest level significantly on a platform that’s already struggling to retain active posters. I don’t remember ever being in a league where that was a thing, and wasn’t aware that was a rule here, but perhaps I’m the outlier here and missed that detail. Our league rules say that trading can begin at the start of the league year, but it says nothing about talking to each other that I’m aware of. 

Whatever the case may be, we should compare rosters from ESPN/Sleeper ASAP, and once those are confirmed good by an extra pair of eyes or two, and picks look accurate, I don’t see the issue with allowing trades to process, or at the very least setting a date so everyone has an idea of what to expect and a goal to work toward. 

In the meantime, we should be able to communicate with each other at the very least, everything else aside. There’s no unfair advantage to promoting active discussion. Trades won’t process until whatever date the “league year” starts. We shouldn’t punish active owners, we should be encouraging active discussion and participation.  It benefits the overall health and interest in the league, in my opinion, for what it’s worth. 

Edited by X_Factor_40
  • Like 1

I don’t mind having a down period. I like how our league doesn’t keep doing waivers and even stops trades for a while. 

But people can’t talk? That’s silly and impossible to enforce. You can’t make an actual deal, sure, but how can you say people can’t talk?

Did something happen that I missed? Some of the stuff lately seems super random compared to previous years. 

Edited by Lions017
  • Like 3

We could all be talking about NFL player movements or anything thing related to FF I for one never indicated we should be talking about that stuff on the forum.

My beef is when the League hasn't started & deals or negotiating possible deals are happening.

That's not fair for the teams waiting for the league to start.

As an example It's like cutting in line at a free concert to get better seats.    

Here are the rules

Here is a preliminary yearly timeline to look forward to:
1. The week the NFL has the draft, I'll ask everyone to check in for the new year & add new GM's as needed.
2. Trading can begin With the official start of the NFL season each year.

We all know #2 was adjusted this year to accommodate the switch to Sleeper.

Yesterday, Kings Pride PM'd me to let me know he was missing a player on his roster that I added.

It's been a lot of work at my end.

To make the rules clearer, I will change the language for #2 to read;

2. Negotiating trades can begin With the official start of the NFL season each year. 

Which was the intent of it all along.

I just spent an hour and a half meticulously going through everyone's rosters, comparing them from ESPN to Sleeper. @WE-R-Lions

The Divisions
**Are incorrect and should be as follows (according to what we had on ESPN)**

B Layne
- Detfan782004 - @detfan782004
- The Murder Mitten - @Irish Ninja
- The Tako Experience **House Tako on Sleeper** - @SimsZilla
- Detroit Styles - @Sllim Pickens

C Johnson
- Sandy Creek Patriots - **Kings of the Jungle on Sleeper** - @CalLionsFan
- Prairie Dogs - ** winitall67 on Sleeper** - @winitall
- BridgeFour - **sammymvpknight on Sleeper** - @sammymvpknight
- Playing For Keeps - @Foooooooootball

B Sanders
- Buffalo Bulldogs - **Lionized1 on Sleeper** - @Lionized
- Nagahide - **Naga on Sleeper** -  @nagahide13
- ragah - @Hagar
- Old Man Jeb's Shady Taco Cart - @TL-TwoWinsAway

J Hanson
- TR Renegades - @WE-R-Lions
- Team X - @X_Factor_40
- KingsPride - @LionsRock
- Hoth Tauntauns - @Lions017

*** I looked up how to switch divisions around on Sleeper and found this on Reddit***

Go to league > General Settings > Down to Division > You should see your teams and divisions. Tap on a team and it goes to a screen listing your teams and divisions with an X on the right side. Hit all the X's to empty the divisions and the X is replaced by a + sign. Hit the plus sign and your teams appear and you put them in accordingly. 

Teams with roster errors that need correcting:
* @Lionized -Missing Michael Thomas (WR), Missing Cam Akers (RB) - *Both currently on the roster of @winitall on sleeper** - Should have 21 total players
* @winitall - Missing Hassan Haskins (RB), and Tank Dell (WR) - **Both currently on the roster of @Irish Ninja on sleeper** - Should have 21 total players
* @Irish Ninja - Missing Lynn Bowden Jr. (WR) **Currently in the FA pool** - Should have 20 total players
* @CalLionsFan - Missing Nick Westbrook-Ikhine (WR) - **Currently in the FA pool** - Should have 18 total players
* @SimsZilla - Missing David Bell (WR) - **Currently in FA pool** - Should have 21 total players

Teams with NO roster errors:
* @detfan782004 - Roster is correct - 19 total players
* @X_Factor_40 - Roster is correct - 21 total players
* @sammymvpknight - Roster is correct - 19 total players
* @Sllim Pickens - Roster is correct - 19 total players
* @Foooooooootball - Roster is correct - 17 total players
* @nagahide13 - Roster is correct - 21 total players
* @Hagar - Roster is correct - 18 total players
* @TL-TwoWinsAway - Roster is correct - 20 total players
* @LionsRock - Roster is correct - 20 total players 
* @WE-R-Lions - Roster is correct - 21 total players 
* @Lions017 - Roster is correct -  **Dropped Damien Harris on his own due to retirement** - 20 total players

Once you correct those, we're good to go in terms of swapping the rosters over to Sleeper.

Edited by X_Factor_40
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, X_Factor_40 said:

I just spent an hour and a half meticulously going through everyone's rosters, comparing them from ESPN to Sleeper. @WE-R-Lions

The Divisions

B Layne

C Johnson

B Sanders
- ragah - @Hagar

J Hanson
- Team X - @X_Factor_40

*** I looked up how to switch divisions around on Sleeper and found this on Reddit***

* @Lionized -Missing Michael Thomas (WR), Missing Cam Akers (RB) - *Both currently on the roster of @winitall on sleeper** - Should have 21 total players
* @winitall - Missing Hassan Haskins (RB), and Tank Dell (WR) - **Both currently on the roster of @Irish Ninja on sleeper** - Should have 21 total players
* @Irish Ninja - Missing Lynn Bowden Jr. (WR) **Currently in the FA pool** - Should have 20 total players
* @CalLionsFan - Missing Nick Westbrook-Ikhine (WR) - **Currently in the FA pool** - Should have 18 total players
* @SimsZilla - Missing David Bell (WR) - **Currently in FA pool** - Should have 21 total players

* @Lions017 - Roster is correct -  **Dropped Damien Harris on his own due to retirement** - 20 total players

Once you correct those, we're good to go in terms of swapping the rosters over to Sleeper.

Thanks X for taking the time to do that! Much appreciated!!

I will try to fix the rosters today before Easter Sunday.

In the past I have had GM's ask if we could mix up the Divisions. Sleeper slotted teams in divisions as the GM's logged into Sleeper so I was fine with mixing it up considering it was random. 

Happy Easter everyone!!

9 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

Well people will still do it just won't talk about it. 

I've been around since beginning of this league and I will tell you that we always talked in off season. 

oh well. 

I can fix that so it won't happen if you like.

8 hours ago, X_Factor_40 said:

The Divisions

B Layne

C Johnson

B Sanders
- ragah - @Hagar

J Hanson
- Team X - @X_Factor_40

Thanks for your efforts FF OG 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WE-R-Lions said:

I can fix that so it won't happen if you like.

Oh. Okay. 

fine me in free fantasy league: got it.

Just saying you can't prove it  is happening if it's not being discussed 

This has definitely shifted from the league Phreak had intended a bit. He was the worst at  talking trades in offseason. I think he played fantasy sports just to trade

loved the art of the deal that guy did 

• Like 2

Some of this is starting to go a bit too far, I think. I can’t imagine when this league started that it was intended for the commish to just change things as he wanted to. To me the spirit of that rule was that the commish had final say as like a tiebreaker or even a veto if necessary, not power to just create entirely unenforceable rules or change things that no one asked for. This is getting kind of crazy. 

• Like 3