PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

16 hours ago, SimsZilla said:

From what I see, it looks like it might be kick/punt return yards? ESPN shows 0 for the value while sleeper shows .1 per punt return yard and .04 per kick return yard. That’s the only difference I see, besides the -10 for allowing 46+ on ESPN but that wouldn’t add points obviously. 

I removed both of those, it brought Balt score down to 155pts, but put Dal score at 156pts?

It should be Balt 165 & Dal 160 respectfully.

On 3/16/2024 at 9:47 PM, Lions017 said:

Interesting in hearing everyone’s thoughts on these sudden, big changes that we didn’t vote on. @X_Factor_40 @winitall @sammymvpknight @Lionized @CalLionsFan @LionsRock @SimsZilla @Sllim Pickens @WE-R-Lions @TL-TwoWinsAway @nagahide13 @detfan782004 @Irish Ninja @Foooooooootball

m X - @X_Factor_40
Prairie Dogs - @winitall.
Sammymvpknight - @sammymvpknight.
Buffalo Bulldogs - @Lionized.
Lions Pride81 -  @Karnage84.
Sandy Creek Patriots @CalLionsFan. 
King's Pride - @LionsRock.
The Tako Expierence - @SimsZilla.
Detroit Styles - @Sllim Pickens.
(LM) T.R. Renegades - @WE-R-Lions.
Old Man Jeb's Taco Cart - @TL-TwoWinsAway.
PDX Dirtbags -@nagahide13.
Hoth Tauntauns - @Lions017.
Det Fan782004 -  @detfan782004.
The Murder Mitten - @Irish Ninja

Not a fan of the Def changes at all, I would prefer superflex without a Defense.

Superflex in a 16 team league wouldn't work...each team gets 2 QBs if your lucky, then dealing with bye wks & injuries.

No Thank You!

Def & K's are not going away in a 16 team league.

I would like to see our Def's get rewarded better for performing on the field, like our QB's RB's, WR's, & TE's do.

Stopping a team on downs should be rewarded like a turnover.

Sack yardage ... maybe to a lesser deg than RB's, WR yardage?

Making the opposing team punt could/should be rewarded too.

Those are all things Def do. like a WR catches passes & gains yardage.

The bigger question, why do we reward Def's 10 pts to start a game & Not what they produce on the field?? 

Def is boring because the FF community has made them that way. It's easier for leagues to drop them than make them relevant.    

If you want exciting defense go to IDP. def/ST isn't meant to be exciting.

It's never been that way. That's why leagues are eliminating it. 

2 QBs would be tough in 16 teams For sure but not impossible with a flex spot. I wouldn't be a fan just saying it's not impossible. In my other league I didn't always play QB in second spot honestly and did just fine 

Balancing defensive scoring is difficult because you are trying to assign value to what an entire team does, while with QB/WR/RB/TE you are just looking at an individual player. 

It can also just be...weird? 

For example, Baltimore had a game where they held Jacksonville to 7 points. They dominated that game - but they only got 9 fantasy points because they only had one sack. Against the Browns they gave up 27 points...and yet they had a bunch of sacks and a touchdown, so they got a whopping 17 fantasy points. 

It's just really, really hard to figure out, I think. If you reward defenses for everything they do they end up scoring a million points, and I don't think anyone wants that. 

56 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

Balancing defensive scoring is difficult because you are trying to assign value to what an entire team does, while with QB/WR/RB/TE you are just looking at an individual player. 

It can also just be...weird? 

For example, Baltimore had a game where they held Jacksonville to 7 points. They dominated that game - but they only got 9 fantasy points because they only had one sack. Against the Browns they gave up 27 points...and yet they had a bunch of sacks and a touchdown, so they got a whopping 17 fantasy points. 

It's just really, really hard to figure out, I think. If you reward defenses for everything they do they end up scoring a million points, and I don't think anyone wants that. 

Right which is why IDP leagues reward individual efforts. Not DEF/ST 

13 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Right which is why IDP leagues reward individual efforts. Not DEF/ST 

It would just be tricky to add that in when the league is as old as it is. You would probably have to do a separate draft or something, I don't even know. Like a IDP draft for those guys only and then a rookie draft, or vice-versa. Then you have to figure out roster spots, add more keepers, etc. It would be a ton to figure out and I'm not sure if most people have the appetite for it. And even that format has its problems, as LB/DL dominate and DB's tend to be fairly worthless, especially corners. A lot of defensive value just isn't easy to put into fantasy. 

Edited by Lions017

1 hour ago, Lions017 said:

It would just be tricky to add that in when the league is as old as it is. You would probably have to do a separate draft or something, I don't even know. Like a IDP draft for those guys only and then a rookie draft, or vice-versa. Then you have to figure out roster spots, add more keepers, etc. It would be a ton to figure out and I'm not sure if most people have the appetite for it. And even that format has its problems, as LB/DL dominate and DB's tend to be fairly worthless, especially corners. A lot of defensive value just isn't easy to put into fantasy. 

Not advocating for IDP at all 

17 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

Not advocating for IDP at all 

Cool, me neither. Just pointing out how complicated it is to really figure out how to do defense with fantasy. It either takes a lot of work and still isn't perfect (IDP) or it's kind of meaningless like in most leagues. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, WE-R-Lions said:

The bigger question, why do we reward Def's 10 pts to start a game & Not what they produce on the field?? 

This is typically because defenses get points for either how many yards they allow or how many points they allow, with less being more points.  At the beginning of the game, they have allowed 0 points or yards.  As the other team scores or gains yards, that number goes down. 

23 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

Cool, me neither. Just pointing out how complicated it is to really figure out how to do defense with fantasy. It either takes a lot of work and still isn't perfect (IDP) or it's kind of meaningless like in most leagues. 

Concur