PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

51 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

I don't like the comp pick because you can get rewarded for tanking by tanking and then getting comp pick for that bracket.

Yes you can strategically tank enough to still make comp bracket thing work in your favor and not look like tanking 

I get that. The thing is that the chances of that pick being a hit are very low and you should still need a pretty competitive roster in order to make it through the loser's bracket. Ideally it would be a reward for those teams that finished like 8th or 9th and had a solid team but some bad luck. 

I'm fine not doing it, though. It was just an idea to get people to keep setting their lineups later in the season. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

I just think it's unnecessarily complicating things

Was trying not to tant the votes one way or another, but at this point I feel #3 will not pass.

Almost didn't put it up for a vote, but did see some value in it.

For me, I would need to manually update the draft to accommodate it each year, in either format. Not a big of fan.

1, Y

2. Y

3. N

On 1/9/2024 at 2:45 PM, WE-R-Lions said:

These are the proposed improvements to be voted on for the 2024 season.

1. - Change our platform from ESPN to Sleeper. Sleeper is better designed to accommodate Dynasty leagues by: tracking trades, future draft orders, & easier to use on the APP.   Yes/No

2. - Add a 7th playoff spot & only the top Team gets a bye.  Yes/No

3. - Add a comp pick upgrade for winning the consolation bracket. This upgrades your worst Pk in the draft (before trades are allowed to start the season) to Pk# ______ .  Yes/No       If Yes select Pk#: C33 or C49?  (bottom of the 2nd or 3rd Rd)

@X_Factor_40@winitall@sammymvpknight@Lionized@CalLionsFan@LionsRock@SimsZilla@Sllim Pickens@TL-TwoWinsAway@nagahide13@Lions017@detfan782004@Irish Ninja@Foooooooootball

1. Y

2. Y

3. N

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/9/2024 at 2:45 PM, WE-R-Lions said:

These are the proposed improvements to be voted on for the 2024 season.

1. - Change our platform from ESPN to Sleeper. Sleeper is better designed to accommodate Dynasty leagues by: tracking trades, future draft orders, & easier to use on the APP.   Yes/No

2. - Add a 7th playoff spot & only the top Team gets a bye.  Yes/No

3. - Add a comp pick upgrade for winning the consolation bracket. This upgrades your worst Pk in the draft (before trades are allowed to start the season) to Pk# ______ .  Yes/No       If Yes select Pk#: C33 or C49?  (bottom of the 2nd or 3rd Rd)

@X_Factor_40@winitall@sammymvpknight@Lionized@CalLionsFan@LionsRock@SimsZilla@Sllim Pickens@TL-TwoWinsAway@nagahide13@Lions017@detfan782004@Irish Ninja@Foooooooootball

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes* - 49

*The Comp pick doesn't look to be favorable with the league, but may be something worth revisiting in the future. I could go either way with it, but voted yes to show that I'm open to something similar in the future, potentially. 

We will be switching to Sleeper in the off season & going to 7 playoff teams next year. Adding the extra comp pick for the loser's bracket did not pass.

What I've read on Sleeper, we should be able to transfer our history, which is a new feature & a big plus for us. What I'm not clear on, should we wait until ESPN starts the 2024 season or do it before? Our off season could be extended to accommodate the switch?   

Lions Pride81 - @Karnage84 is stepping away from the league next year, I have a new owner lined up to replace him but will wait to add him until we have sleeper running....I think?

32 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

We will be switching to Sleeper in the off season & going to 7 playoff teams next year. Adding the extra comp pick for the loser's bracket did not pass.

What I've read on Sleeper, we should be able to transfer our history, which is a new feature & a big plus for us. What I'm not clear on, should we wait until ESPN starts the 2024 season or do it before? Our off season could be extended to accommodate the switch?   

Lions Pride81 - @Karnage84 is stepping away from the league next year, I have a new owner lined up to replace him but will wait to add him until we have sleeper running....I think?

I've used a few different platforms over the years - Yahoo, ESPN (this league), FleaFlicker, Sleeper. 

The general consensus that I have seen amongst other long-time fantasy players (15+ years) is that Sleeper is not a particularly great platform. It sounds like there are some plus features (like being able to import prior league history) but the day-to-day is not ideal. I'm hoping that you guys have a better experience than I have had. 

53 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

Who is new owner 

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

I've used a few different platforms over the years - Yahoo, ESPN (this league), FleaFlicker, Sleeper. 

The general consensus that I have seen amongst other long-time fantasy players (15+ years) is that Sleeper is not a particularly great platform. It sounds like there are some plus features (like being able to import prior league history) but the day-to-day is not ideal. I'm hoping that you guys have a better experience than I have had. 

That's not what I have read?? but I could be reading the wrong reviews?

14 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

That's not what I have read?? but I could be reading the wrong reviews?

Maybe it was just our experience. I was in a 32 team IDP league for a season. Maybe getting trade offers asking for Justin Jefferson for Jermar Jefferson put me off. 

I like Fantrax way more than Sleeper but not sure as far as league manager ease.  The Sleeper ap sort of is rough as far as adds and drops go.  You get used to it but it isn't as easy to navigate as ESPN or Fantrax.  But I still am ok moving to another platform, even if it is Sleeper.