PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

On 3/10/2024 at 11:08 AM, detfan782004 said:

Excited for FA to see how it shapes up my team. Draft as well. 

Where does Jacobs go?

Did Zamar White show enough to be starter?

Does Barkley leave and Gray get more touches? 

Does WAS make major move at QB and does that QB form connection with Dotson?

This offseason can do a lot for my current players or really tank my upcoming year with a lack of top draft picks 

So many questions answered already. Jacobs to GB. Giants need a RB now. Loving how this shaping up 

• Like 1

I'm also planning on making some adjustments to our Def scoring to enhance the position that wasn't available to us in the ESPN platform. (If I don't get blow back from the additions).

To be fair to all, no team will be allowed to Keep a Def this year.

Sack Yardage: 1pt per 10 yards

Forced Punt: 1pt (It's like a turnover)

Fourth Down Stop: 2pts (It is a turnover)

23 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

I'm also planning on making some adjustments to our Def scoring to enhance the position that wasn't available to us in the ESPN platform. (If I don't get blow back from the additions).

To be fair to all, no team will be allowed to Keep a Def this year.

Sack Yardage: 1pt per 10 yards

Forced Punt: 1pt (It's like a turnover)

Fourth Down Stop: 2pts (It is a turnover)

Well there goes my plan for keeping my 15th ranked Jags DEF.

I have never seen sack yardage as a thing.  So you get 1 point for the sack and pts for the yards as well?

8 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

Yes, was thinking the Def would be able to get additional pts for sack yardage 1 pt for every -10 yards

Open to adj the yardage?? but like the idea to make the Def's more appealing.

Was just seeking clarification so i understood. 

I honestly hate team Def so making them more appealing is not a bad thing imo.  I just dont know if that makes them more valuable than some quality stars...need to run the data

10 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Was just seeking clarification so i understood. 

I honestly hate team Def so making them more appealing is not a bad thing imo.  I just dont know if that makes them more valuable than some quality stars...need to run the data

I wouldn't say it makes them more valuable than quality stars but they have had peak wks in the past, but could put them in the Quality flex conversation. In any case you can only start one.

On another note: In ESPN they always started with 10pt's not sure if that will be the case with Sleeper?? There is no setting in either format that I can find?   

Posted (edited)

I had to expand some of our limits on Sleeper to

accommodate all of our players on IR. I will adjust them back

to these setting after Keepers. Select your Keepers accordingly!

Position

Starters

Maximums

Quarterback (QB)
Team Quarterback (TQB)
No Limit
Running Back (RB)
Running Back/Wide Receiver (RB/WR)
N/A
Wide Receiver (WR)
Wide Receiver/Tight End (WR/TE)
N/A
Tight End (TE)
Flex (FLEX)
N/A
Offensive Player Utility (OP)
N/A
Defensive Tackle (DT)
Defensive End (DE)
Linebacker (LB)
Defensive Line (DL)
N/A
Cornerback (CB)
Safety (S)
Defensive Back (DB)
N/A
Defensive Player Utility (DP)
N/A
Team Defense/Special Teams (D/ST)
Place Kicker (K)
Punter (P)
Head Coach (HC)
Bench (BE)
N/A
Injured Reserve (IR)
N/A

Edited by WE-R-Lions
  • Like 1

My picks are a bit confusing due to all the movement. Here's a quick summary for ease. @WE-R-Lions
No rush, just wanted to make an easy reference that you can double check when you begin that process. 

Team X 2024 Draft Picks (with pick movement history): 
1.04 (from Buffalo Bulldogs to Team X) 
1.16 (from The Tako Experience to Team X) 
3.09 (from Detfan to Team X) 
4.02 (from Playing For Keeps to Team X) 

Despite our league year not starting yet, I'll be open for trade talk if anyone is interested when the time comes. Don't hesitate to reach out. 

59 minutes ago, X_Factor_40 said:

My picks are a bit confusing due to all the movement. Here's a quick summary for ease. @WE-R-Lions
No rush, just wanted to make an easy reference that you can double check when you begin that process. 

Team X 2024 Draft Picks (with pick movement history): 
1.04 (from Buffalo Bulldogs to Team X) 
1.16 (from The Tako Experience to Team X) 
3.09 (from Detfan to Team X) 
4.02 (from Playing For Keeps to Team X) 

Despite our league year not starting yet, I'll be open for trade talk if anyone is interested when the time comes. Don't hesitate to reach out. 

Much appreciated, that's still on my to do list. I think were good, @TL-TwoWinsAway has always done a nice job of tracking trade movements in the past. Never hurts to double check. :)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Just so were all on the same page. This year I'm planning on doing the drafting online using Sleeper. We can set it for a 24 hour window like before, the only difference....if you miss your window it will auto pick for you.

We will trade players & draft pks on Sleeper as well, so we won't need to track the picks, manually enter the players, or set the draft order moving forward. 

Happy Days!! 😎

Edited by WE-R-Lions
  • Like 1

Woah woah woah...we're just adjusting the scoring for defense? Without voting on it? And adding a rule about not keeping defenses? Without voting on it? And it's all taking effect this year? Without voting on it? 

Interesting. Did anyone ask for this? 

I get wanting to make defense more important but I didn't really think anyone was pushing for that or discussing it. 

Shouldn't we all follow the process and have votes for things like that? We just had time to vote on things. 

I'm not sure how I feel about sack yardage. That just feels like...luck, kind of? 

Forced punts being worth a whole point? That just seems like it will add up fairly quickly. And a fourth down stop is worth two? 

I don't like those changes at all. Like...yikes. Do we really want defenses to be a major factor in why people win/lose games? We'll have defenses outscoring position players regularly. Many leagues are getting rid of defenses altogether, and we're doubling down? 

Any scoring changes need to be extremely well thought out and intentional, otherwise they really have the chance to be game-breaking. Is there a way to really run the numbers and see how this would turn out? 

Edited by Lions017
  • Like 2