PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

1 hour ago, WE-R-Lions said:

Last year Stroud scored 332 pts.  Sleeper is projecting 397 pts for 2024

Last year Balt scored 165 pts.  Sleeper is projecting 115 pts for 2024 with the added settings, the projected pts should be higher. I don't see what's missing in the setting or the numbers your indicating?

Go to players on Sleeper. You can select season stats 2023. Baltimore would’ve had 324 points it says. Mahomes had 340.2. 

Given that this is a new platform it just seems a bit risky to me to make these big changes. It doesn’t even feel like you have a concrete grasp of what it would do to the scoring and just decided to change things without asking anyone. 

Patriots defense was ranked 22 last year. They were a streamer, probably on the waiver wire many weeks. 

They scored more points than Justin Jefferson. They would’ve been scoring like a solid WR2/3 or top ten tight end. 

I’ve been looking and I can’t find a single dynasty league or even redraft league that does defense scoring like this. It’s just kind of wild. Those that use sack yardage usually take points away for giving up yards and stuff, and in that case what’s really the point? 

If you’re dead set, maybe add one of these things, and do it in 2025. 

Edited by Lions017

Interesting in hearing everyone’s thoughts on these sudden, big changes that we didn’t vote on. @X_Factor_40 @winitall @sammymvpknight @Lionized @CalLionsFan @LionsRock @SimsZilla @Sllim Pickens @WE-R-Lions @TL-TwoWinsAway @nagahide13 @detfan782004 @Irish Ninja @Foooooooootball

m X - @X_Factor_40
Prairie Dogs - @winitall.
Sammymvpknight - @sammymvpknight.
Buffalo Bulldogs - @Lionized.
Lions Pride81 -  @Karnage84.
Sandy Creek Patriots @CalLionsFan. 
King's Pride - @LionsRock.
The Tako Expierence - @SimsZilla.
Detroit Styles - @Sllim Pickens.
(LM) T.R. Renegades - @WE-R-Lions.
Old Man Jeb's Taco Cart - @TL-TwoWinsAway.
PDX Dirtbags -@nagahide13.
Hoth Tauntauns - @Lions017.
Det Fan782004 -  @detfan782004.
The Murder Mitten - @Irish Ninja

46 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

Interesting in hearing everyone’s thoughts on these sudden, big changes that we didn’t vote on. @X_Factor_40 @winitall @sammymvpknight @Lionized @CalLionsFan @LionsRock @SimsZilla @Sllim Pickens @WE-R-Lions @TL-TwoWinsAway @nagahide13 @detfan782004 @Irish Ninja @Foooooooootball

m X - @X_Factor_40

I'm obviously not a fan. But I've been told before we don't get to vote on things all the time so I guess it is what it is. I'll be drafting Def and stashing them 

1 hour ago, Lions017 said:

m X - @X_Factor_40

You’ve brought up some interesting points. Looking back on last years stats on Sleeper, it appears Baltimore would have outscored every player on my roster outside of Tua, who scored 340.36. That includes guys like Chase, Henry, and AJ Brown. 

If you’re asking me, I’m personally not a big fan of the change and would prefer to vote on everything and move extra slow.

If we move ahead with the changes I’ll likely overdraft a defense and they’ll never move from my roster, If I’m being totally honest.

Edited by X_Factor_40

So I'd rather have no defense than the changes suggested. Seems a tad crazy to me. I love the randomness of Defense and Kicker in fantasy don't get me wrong, however that seems a bit....extreme? I can't imagine a world where a defense scores more than 95% of players in fantasy. This kind of makes you want to draft a defense in the early rounds of a draft...if were being honest. 

The ONLY thing I would personally change for our defense in our league, is getting rid of yardage allowed be negative points.  

So I removed the three new Def scoring items listed above for the Sleeper settings

Balt still shows 241 pts on sleeper vs 165 pts on ESPN for 2023 stats

There must be another Def setting on Sleeper adding the extra 76 pts?

I will look today.

Found additional Def scoring pts under(More) that I removed but Balt is still showing 209 pts not 165?? A Dif of 44pts

Looking for the tool to update our draft order any help would be appreciated.  

I think it just needs a bit more research if we’re finding significant differences. Why don’t we iron it out for this year and maybe think about changes in the future if the demand is there? 

Appreciate you stepping back a bit here. 

8 hours ago, WE-R-Lions said:

Found additional Def scoring pts under(More) that I removed but Balt is still showing 209 pts not 165?? A Dif of 44pts

Looking for the tool to update our draft order any help would be appreciated.  

From what I see, it looks like it might be kick/punt return yards? ESPN shows 0 for the value while sleeper shows .1 per punt return yard and .04 per kick return yard. That’s the only difference I see, besides the -10 for allowing 46+ on ESPN but that wouldn’t add points obviously. 

10 hours ago, SimsZilla said:

From what I see, it looks like it might be kick/punt return yards? ESPN shows 0 for the value while sleeper shows .1 per punt return yard and .04 per kick return yard. That’s the only difference I see, besides the -10 for allowing 46+ on ESPN but that wouldn’t add points obviously. 

Which would be weird, because we definitely had points for return yardage in this league on ESPN with those settings. 

Huh. Got some kinks to work out I guess with the new platform. Good thing we don't even draft for what, four months? 

13 hours ago, SimsZilla said:

It looks like Sleeper is adding those pts to the Def & not the player.

! will adjust those pts & see if it fixes it.

I was aware of the -10 for allowing 46+

It looks like Sleeper doesn't allow fractional scoring so their are slight point changes as well, for example:

On ESPN J Allen scored 456.8 for 2023 On Sleeper it showing 456

Mc Caffrey.... 399.3 vs 399

Lamb.... 413.s vs 413

Laporta.... 240.3 vs 240

Aubrey Dal (K) is a tad odd.. ESPN 179, Sleeper 176? 

Balt.... 165 vs 209 currently

Over the past few years the NFL has basically removed the return yardage, & changed the clock. When a player runs out of bounds it stops the clock until the ball is placed for play. It shorted the game, giving less plays per game. (they said it was for player safety so they could add an additional game for the season & extend advertising to make more$$) They didn't talk about the $$.

For FF it meant less scoring per game.

So adding points to Our Def helps make them relevant to draft & adds pts back to our game.

I would at least like to see them score like the TE's.     

8 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

It looks like Sleeper is adding those pts to the Def & not the player.

! will adjust those pts & see if it fixes it.

I was aware of the -10 for allowing 46+

It looks like Sleeper doesn't allow fractional scoring so their are slight point changes as well, for example:

On ESPN J Allen scored 456.8 for 2023 On Sleeper it showing 456

Mc Caffrey.... 399.3 vs 399

Lamb.... 413.s vs 413

Laporta.... 240.3 vs 240

Aubrey Dal (K) is a tad odd.. ESPN 179, Sleeper 176? 

Balt.... 165 vs 209 currently

Over the past few years the NFL has basically removed the return yardage, & changed the clock. When a player runs out of bounds it stops the clock until the ball is placed for play. It shorted the game, giving less plays per game. (they said it was for player safety so they could add an additional game for the season & extend advertising to make more$$) They didn't talk about the $$.

For FF it meant less scoring per game.

So adding points to Our Def helps make them relevant to draft & adds pts back to our game.

I would at least like to see them score like the TE's.     

Sleeper absolutely has fractional scoring.