Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

1 hour ago, broncosfan_101 said:

I came here to ask if anyone had @Broncofan’s real world info cause I thought maybe he died?? But apparently he’s just been gaming since the season ended! 

Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth - 250+ hours of my life since March lol.   Still working and family life (helps my 18 year old daughter played for 90+ hours on her playthrough as well otherwise I might have been single after this lol). 

My top 5 fave game of all time in ‘97 remade into my all time GOAT now.   I’ll be back soon but yeah it was all consuming.    Haven’t been that consumed since uni days (Chrono Trigger / FF 6-7-9-10).  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth - 250+ hours of my life since March lol.   Still working and family life (helps my 18 year old daughter played for 90+ hours on her playthrough as well otherwise I might have been single after this lol). 

My top 5 fave game of all time in ‘97 remade into my all time GOAT now.   I’ll be back soon but yeah it was all consuming.    Haven’t been that consumed since uni days (Chrono Trigger / FF 6-7-9-10).  

Wait how did I not know they remade FF7. Now I will be in danger of divorce. Thanks

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MontanaBronco said:

Wait how did I not know they remade FF7. Now I will be in danger of divorce. Thanks

I guess I shouldn’t mention it’s actually the 2nd of a trilogy.   Remake came out for PS4 just as the pandemic hit in 2020.   Sold like hotcakes.   It was great but somewhat narrow in scope and gameplay (but what story telling and character development).    This one they addressed all the issues with combat (air) and just ok side quests in Remake and ramped everything (and I mean everything) up to 12/10.      

So yeah it took over my life completely.   My daughter never played it and loooooved it in 2020 & now.    Feels like the shortest offseason ever lol.  

Edited by Broncofan

5 hours ago, Broncofan said:

I guess I shouldn’t mention it’s actually the 2nd of a trilogy.   Remake came out for PS4 just as the pandemic hit in 2020.   Sold like hotcakes.   It was great but somewhat narrow in scope and gameplay (but what story telling and character development).    This one they addressed all the issues with combat (air) and just ok side quests in Remake and ramped everything (and I mean everything) up to 12/10.      

So yeah it took over my life completely.   My daughter never played it and loooooved it in 2020 & now.    Feels like the shortest offseason ever lol.  

Look here sir...this here's a professional forum and you're REALLY not gonna mention to this poor soul that 150 of your 250 hrs in rebirth are coming from trying to beat brutal challenges and gilgameshes Island hahahaha

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MontanaBronco said:

Before you get tooooo excited like I did originally, just understand there are certain fights in part 1 and 2 of the remake (disks 1-2.5ish) that are VERRY similar to trying to beat mahomes w case keenum as your QB 🫠

• Like 2

On 6/21/2024 at 11:38 PM, Dbrog24 said:

Look here sir...this here's a professional forum and you're REALLY not gonna mention to this poor soul that 150 of your 250 hrs in rebirth are coming from trying to beat brutal challenges and gilgameshes Island hahahaha

Gilgamesh wasn’t so bad.  4-5 hours to get to LV70 and buff up all the materia first (YouTube videos saved me).    Then those 4 sweet fights.  It suck’s you can’t replay it (without rewards). 

The 3-4 toughest Brutal & Legendary Chalkenges nearly broke me.   Along with Sit-ups vs. Jules and 3D brawler final boss.   The hardest Brutal & Legendary challenges each took 20 hrs.   So frustrating.  The others literally took 10+ hours each for me (I suck at quick twitch gaming).    And yes they are all optional - so if you don’t want the Platinum and suck at quick twitch gaming - feel free to pass.  

If I knew how hard those were I wouldn’t have done it.   But because I did everything else before those to get my first ever Platinum, yeah I finished it.   The Hard Mode replay was a breeze and nice way to finish after all that pain, though.   

A full run of 1st story & all side quests & Gilgamesh can be done in less than 100 hrs.   That’s what my daughter is doing (LV70, Gilgamesh left, rest of story done).  She does want to play through all the dates though but that’s easy.    So you can experience the full story & side stories (which are a must) in 100 hrs or less.    That’s still insane in this era.    40+ hour games feel like a lot.    15-20 hr games are so much the norm these days.   

Add in a family and RL work etc - like I said the offseason has blown by lol.   

PS - for Fathers Day my 18 year old gave me a pic of her as a toddler with me and labeled it as “Barrett & Marlene alt universe”.   Mission accomplished, another life long FF fan. 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Dbrog24 said:

Before you get tooooo excited like I did originally, just understand there are certain fights in part 1 and 2 of the remake (disks 1-2.5ish) that are VERRY similar to trying to beat mahomes w case keenum as your QB 🫠

That’s about as accurate a description as I could find.   Kudos.  

(To be clear they are thankfully optional at the insane lvl of difficulty mentioned).  

Edited by Broncofan

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/23/2024 at 11:41 AM, jsthomp2007 said:

Since the Broncos released Russell Wilson has anyone else's toe nails turned blue, purple, and black?  What is up with that? 

One of the constants of my life, jsthomp2007 saying some off the wall ****

• Like 3

18 hours ago, MontanaBronco said:

One of the constants of my life, jsthomp2007 saying some off the wall ****

I can see if someone was new to see them as annoying but having been here for a long time, I find them endearing.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...