Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

2 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Insane run for Shaq. He could actually tank the rest of the season and still get a huge contract next year. 

Wonder what exactly a Pro Bowl does for us comp pick wise.  It definitely upgrades us, and it sure looks like a lock as long as he doesn't get hurt.

41 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Wonder what exactly a Pro Bowl does for us comp pick wise.  It definitely upgrades us, and it sure looks like a lock as long as he doesn't get hurt.

Didn't even think about that. My comp pick resource is Nick Korte from OTC (also a Broncos fan) so I may have to ask him. 

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Asked Nick about this and he said postseason honors are only really in play when guys are on the cusp of another round and since he's a mid-6th projection it's unlikely to have any effect. Too bad. 

• Like 1

Man, what were the Browns thinking? Kitchens calls plays over a somewhat fluky stretch vs. weak competition where Mayfield played well and they hire him to run the whole show? You hire Todd Monken who has had great success creating big play opportunities for QBs...and he doesn't call plays? So Kitchens the unqualified head coach has to juggle two responsibilities that are new to him? All the while, you don't prioritize filling your gaping holes at both tackle positions? The Monken/Kitchens thing is even more confusing to me because it looks like a Monken offense with all the vertical concepts and deep drops. It clearly doesn't fit the personnel, and even so, don't you want the guy who knows how to run that offense calling those plays? Just bizarre. 

I actually think Mike McCarthy would have been a great hire for them if they brought in an OC to call plays. Feels like they'd want a do-over on their coaching search. 

Edited by BroncoBruin

Again, guys - can we please remember Daniel Jones before coming on here next Spring after the draft, moaning and complaining about our 1st round pick if you haven't even seen them play.

Has anyone got a video collection of 'experts' after that pick? I would love to see it. I'm absolutely made up for the kid. Took more heat than I've ever seen for a guy who's never played a game in the NFL and he's lighting it up.

Re: Shaq - I wonder what would have happened had the Browns selected Bradley Chubb like we all expected. Would we have gone QB? Picked Ward? Either way, it wouldn't have been another pass rusher and Shaq would have been a starter in Denver.

It's not a criticism - just interesting to look back occasionally.

51 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Re: Shaq - I wonder what would have happened had the Browns selected Bradley Chubb like we all expected. Would we have gone QB? Picked Ward? Either way, it wouldn't have been another pass rusher and Shaq would have been a starter in Denver.

It's not a criticism - just interesting to look back occasionally.

We would of traded down for the bills two firsts and a second.

For the 5th pick and a 3rd so no qb unless Lamar Jackson with the second first but I doubt that would of been the move .

Edited by thebestever6
  • Like 1